Knights on the move?

Remove this Banner Ad

Macca it is on the table...I do have a very very good source on this one. I dont see how some posters on here think it is so unbelievable....time will tell I guess, but I expect a crate of scotch from all the doubters on here if the details can all be worked through by the end of next week!

not on the table anymore with the Dogs pulling out of any interest in fevola.

not on the table anymore with the Dogs pulling out of any interest in fevola.

Has he really though? Or is it a case of the media just drawing the obvious, but not necessarily correct conclusion from a couple of statements made from Rodney Eade. From reading the articles, all Rodney Eade has done is stated that the Bulldogs are still committed to Barry Hall, there was nothing there to say that the Bulldogs, unlikely as it may be, wouldn't chase both players. Now as the media become more and more involved with football, clubs are becoming more and more media savvy and most watch what they say really carefully.

Spin, I believe they call it, its quite as simple as answering a simple question ie "Will you be chasing Brendan Fevola?", with " Ahhh, look, where committed to Barry Hall now and this new development hasn't changed our thinking in that respect..." Now Eade may have said a more direct no to Fev at the interview, but that hasn't been quoted, they've quoted Eade as saying yes to Barry Hall, one doesn't necessarily exclude the other.

Knights, Douglas 'very happy' in Crows colours

afl.com.au said:
Knights and Douglas have somehow managed to creep into that category this year, though Rendell isn't about to test the market.

"They're both very happy where they are," he said from the NAB AFL Draft Camp in Canberra on Thursday.

"Obviously Dougy was a bit in and out this year, but he's very happy to stay and loves the joint.

"Knighter probably struggled a bit early in the season, but found his niche in the forward line where he was outstanding.

Knights, Douglas 'very happy' in Crows colours

Doesn't count it out COMPLETELY but as most of us expected it doesn't look like we'll be too active this trade week.

no Knights contract announced tonight?

but Reilly is now off the trade table :thumbsu:

I don't think he's out of contract (I think it expires next year?), and as good as he is (I'm sure the GC would love to have him), I can't see him leaving us for the GC.

1. If he wanted to leave the Crows, he'd go back to Vic, not up to the GC I'd bet.

2. If the GC can't convince a local to come back (KT woot!! :D) what chance have they got for a Victorian like Knighta?

So I don't reckon the club would consider him in great danger of being poached by the GC at the end of next year, so there is little point in prematurely signing him to a new contract.

(All this is based on my possibly incorrect memory of Knighta's contract, so I stand to be corrected)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it makes no sense to either the club or Knights to extend his contract now

lets wait until the end of next year once some of the senior players have retired and the club knows exactly wha they can put on the table for Knighta

Hardly any contracts at our club are extended before we enter the final year of them, Tippett being the exception this year.

Hopefully we see him re-signed at about June next year, here's hoping.

Latest word from inside source is Reilly is off to Carlton along with our first round pick to Carlton. In a 3 way deal we will end up with Ryan Griffin from the Bulldogs and the Bulldogs get Fevola.

Tarrant will be back to Collingwood and Medhurst back to Fremantle in a straight swap.

Ryan Gamble will off to Port in exchange for their number one selection
Mmmmmm....looks like the inside source was way off here......

JR was on 5AA this arvo and quashed the Knights/Douglas go home rumours. He basically said it was bullshit that someone in Melbourne had started and as rumours do at this time of the year, grew legs.

JR was on 5AA this arvo and quashed the Knights/Douglas go home rumours. He basically said it was bullshit that someone in Melbourne had started and as rumours do at this time of the year, grew legs.
And even the final debunking/denial of the rumour gives it credibility, to some in the media. "No, we're not trading Chris Knights" = Ah yes, but you thought about it, didn't you?

First you report the rumour, then you report that it didn't happen. The fact that it was a complete fiction in the first place just gets quietly left out.

Well after spruiking Chris wasnt going anywhere, i became a little gun shy after knowing one AFL club was going very hard for him.they were willing to trade an All Australian for him, Adelaide were having none of it. i am glad he is still a crow.PHEW

Well after spruiking Chris wasnt going anywhere, i became a little gun shy after knowing one AFL club was going very hard for him.they were willing to trade an All Australian for him, Adelaide were having none of it. i am glad he is still a crow.PHEW

So basically, Collingwood came to us and asked for Knights and a pick for Leon Davis? He's the only AA I can think of that isn't a 'required player'... well aside from Fevola anyway.

Able to give a hint? My thoughts would have been Leon, as said, but I don't know.

Glad Chris is staying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Knights on the move?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back