MRP / Trib. Kossie Pickett hit on Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

When he was at the hawks he couldn't sneeze without getting suspended... wonder what changed

The reality is they got both charges wrong Bud should have got what Pickett got, and Pickett should have been intentional. In true AFL fashion they bugger both up

In a week like this how are the suspensions so soft that’s the part I don’t get. I expected them to go too harsh not the other way!
Yeah, when I was watching and I saw Pickett jump I thought 4 weeks is deserving, but will get 6 weeks to set an example. When I saw Buddy's I thought 4 weeks plus a penalty for the poor record and the player was injured, but AFL will give him one week max, because he is a star.

Looks like Pickett got a small punishment so that Buddy wouldn't have to miss too many games.

What a joke this is.

Yeah, when I was watching and I saw Pickett jump I thought 4 weeks is deserving, but will get 6 weeks to set an example. When I saw Buddy's I thought 4 weeks plus a penalty for the poor record and the player was injured, but AFL will give him one week max, because he is a star.

Looks like Pickett got a small punishment so that Buddy wouldn't have to miss too many games.

What a joke this is.

Bud I had being a 2 week ban, if anything should have been Carless/high/high which is a 2 week ban on the table. How Pickett was not intentional with his WWE shoulder to the head action I have utterly no idea. The AFL are not helping themselves. Now just you watch the Crows bloke get 4-6 now to just drive fans nuts.

Bud I had being a 2 week ban, if anything should have been Carless/high/high which is a 2 week ban on the table. How Pickett was not intentional with his WWE shoulder to the head action I have utterly no idea. The AFL are not helping themselves. Now just you watch the Crows bloke get 4-6 now to just drive fans nuts.
Franklin diverted off his line and raised his elbow to hit a player high. How is that not intentional? Both intentional, both high contact, one high impact.

Pickett should get an extra week for stupidity. Franklin should get a couple of extra for being a sniper coward.

Franklin diverted off his line and raised his elbow to hit a player high. How is that not intentional? Both intentional, both high contact, one high impact.

Pickett should get an extra week for stupidity. Franklin should get a couple of extra for being a sniper coward.

Under no circumstances was Franklins worse least the ball was somewhere near the area! Both were stupid and the AFL is worse by their wet paper penalties to both

Based on Stewart getting 4 weeks then yes, but Stewart went to the tribunal. Based on the matrix - they got it right.

Matrix is stupid as there is no way Stewart should have got 4, even Cats fans couldn’t believe their luck.

Either the AFL needs to come out and appeal both or cut the rubbish about them protecting the head because these penalties aren’t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matrix is stupid as there is no way Stewart should have got 4, even Cats fans couldn’t believe their luck.

Either the AFL needs to come out and appeal both or cut the rubbish about them protecting the head because these penalties aren’t.
They needed to have sent it to the tribunal before they were penalised. The MRO got it right within their capacity to punish.

Four was about right for Stewart. The action was no worse than Buddies and probably more tame than Picketts, it's just the outcome was worse, but that's how the justice system works. Murder is worse than attempted murder even if the action is the same.

They needed to have sent it to the tribunal before they were penalised. The MRO got it right within their capacity to punish.

Four was about right for Stewart. The action was no worse than Buddies and probably more tame than Picketts, it's just the outcome was worse, but that's how the justice system works. Murder is worse than attempted murder even if the action is the same.

They didn't for Frankling and Pickett.

They were graded as careless when both are clearly and 100% intentional.

So exact same bump on Paddy McCartin and he probably misses 8+ weeks if he’s fit to ever return to the game, and how many weeks does Pickett miss? How is there any argument whatsoever to judge on the outcome when we know that the same action on 3 different blokes will have 3 completely different results.

Punish the act ffs, this was as intentional of a dog act as you will see in the modern game and it’s crazy that he’s not missing at least a month

So exact same bump on Paddy McCartin and he probably misses 8+ weeks if he’s fit to ever return to the game, and how many weeks does Pickett miss? How is there any argument whatsoever to judge on the outcome when we know that the same action on 3 different blokes will have 3 completely different results.

Punish the act ffs, this was as intentional of a dog act as you will see in the modern game and it’s crazy that he’s not missing at least a month
I’m completely in agreement with you. We won’t ever live in a world where attempted murder and murder are punished equally. Maybe they should be.

Both should’ve gotten three weeks.

For mine Franklin's should have been 3, McAdam 3-4, Pickett 6. Pickett's is the dirtiest bump in years, very solid contact and only sheer luck that he didn't knock Smith out.

I do think Christian is a ****wit, but I think the table is also completely wrong. Intentional is only given +1 week when I think it should be x2. It's a joke that careless severe gets only 3+ versus intentional severe as 4+. Intentional/ Severe is the worst thing on the field you can do. It should start at 5-6 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Kossie Pickett hit on Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back