News Krakouer and Macaffer set for shock early return

Remove this Banner Ad

Umm... zero evidence? im no expert but you would think that after TWO years of basically no football in the seniors, and comming back from a knee reconstruction he will be a shadow of the player he was previouslly for a while, the rest of 2012 at a minimum. In 2010 he was a fringe player and was playing his role similair to how goldsack is now, his now much less fit, a HELL lot more rusty, and mentally has to deal with an ACL which is incredibly hard. Everyone says ACL's are a two year injury, because the 2nd year ur still playing terrible football, his not even into the 2nd year and hasnt played much senior football since 2010. How on god's earth could u put him into our senior side?? especially seeing his repalcements have done more than enough
You mean like Daics was after he missed about the same amount of time?

You mean like Daics was after he missed about the same amount of time?
Exactly. As I said, on current evidence, Krak, Ball, and Johnno are just as poor as Caff. Caff was not a fringe player in late 2010 by any standard. He was no star but he was very definitely best 22 and all of what has been put up as evidence that he won't be again is nothing but speculation.

Epic beard!
120803_macaffer246.jpg

Am I the only one who doesn't think krak or caff should return this year, to afl at least..

Let's be honest here, they haven't played a full match all season, there's only 4-5 more VFL games left. I wouldn't expect the pair to play full VFL minutes until maybe the last game of the season.

Are we prepared to take the risk of dropping a younger player, likely Sinclair or Elliott for either of them? It won't necessarily hurt us if we give them a full pre season headstart so they both come back fitter than ever in 2013. We have come this far without them, we aren't struggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one who doesn't think krak or caff should return this year, to afl at least..

Let's be honest here, they haven't played a full match all season, there's only 4-5 more VFL games left. I wouldn't expect the pair to play full VFL minutes until maybe the last game of the season.

Are we prepared to take the risk of dropping a younger player, likely Sinclair or Elliott for either of them? It won't necessarily hurt us if we give them a full pre season headstart so they both come back fitter than ever in 2013. We have come this far without them, we aren't struggling.
Depends how you define struggling, though I agree in the main. Krak, if he finds form in the VFL in as a super sub is a fair risk though - the candy man is capable of destroying an opposing backline's composure in a quarter of footy :thumbsu:

I don't have a problem. We are contending. Its a long season. What Caff and Krak provide is depth and options and something else for opposition clubs to think about.
Major assumption is that they pick up form of course but its worth the risk. And club medicos wouldn't risk them unnecessarily.

Strange moment in sports broadcasting history from Dr Peter Larkins:

".. Andrew Krakouer's knee surgery included a bone grafting from part of a cadaver.. uh, a dead person.."

You learn something new every day.
So that was what the difference with Kraks reco was. I had more dramas with my hamstring hen my knee after a reco due to the hamstring graft and not being in an elite competition with facilities to aid recovery.

That takes out any issue with his body outside of the knee. Obviously would expect the leg which had the reco has the same strength as the other. Happy Days Krak.

I don't have a problem. We are contending. Its a long season. What Caff and Krak provide is depth and options and something else for opposition clubs to think about.
Major assumption is that they pick up form of course but its worth the risk. And club medicos wouldn't risk them unnecessarily.

Kraks more than a depth option.

Caff said on Tac Cup Future Stars that he hopes to be in the mix to play for the WC game in rd 22

This would be the ideal scenario for both Caff and Krak.

3 weeks in the VFL then 2 senior games under their belts.

They couldn't be any worse off than a Young or Seedsman at this point in time.

Besides the obvious match fitness issue, the overriding factor will be form.
If Krak or Caff can play some good VFL footy & get into the goals & if our other forward options are struggling & not getting goals in the AFL, then the door opens for them.
However if Elliot, Sinclair & or Goldsack play good footy & score goals then it will be hard to force them out.
Bottom line, we have true competition for small/medium forward positions (Didak is a monty to be in next week).

So that was what the difference with Kraks reco was. I had more dramas with my hamstring hen my knee after a reco due to the hamstring graft and not being in an elite competition with facilities to aid recovery.

That takes out any issue with his body outside of the knee. Obviously would expect the leg which had the reco has the same strength as the other. Happy Days Krak.

Apparently Collingwood are not happy with Larkins' reporting/description of the surgery- I can only presume as a result of what he said on Friday night!

Barring an injury setback I think they are certainties to get back into the seniors, along with Didak. Our young players have been great this year but I think we are carrying too many at the moment, hence our fluctuating form. Hopefully it will be good news on Goldsacks ankle but it looked like a possible break which would further reduce our experience levels going into September.

The biggest problem is going to be potentially trying to carry 4-5 players in the first 22 who have missed large portions of the season.

McCaffer
Tarrant
Johnson
Didak
Krakouer

Even though in a perfect world they're all best 22, I'd say we can only really afford 2-3 imo - especially given that we have several youngsters who also aren't going to match the fitness of more seasoned players.

We had this issue last season and I really hope it doesn't repeats.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Krakouer and Macaffer set for shock early return

Remove this Banner Ad

Back