News Krakouer and Macaffer set for shock early return

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love to see it happen but i just cant.
Being fit enough to play footy and being match fit is a completely different thing.
I cant see any of the boys making it back into our best 22 by the end of the year.
Mind you, that doesn't mean I don't want to see Krak back doing what he does best.
Macaffer has been out of the game too long to be able to reproduce his best this year.

I'd love to see it happen but i just cant.
Being fit enough to play footy and being match fit is a completely different thing.
I cant see any of the boys making it back into our best 22 by the end of the year.
Mind you, that doesn't mean I don't want to see Krak back doing what he does best.
Macaffer has been out of the game too long to be able to reproduce his best this year.
The best bet is Krak to come in as a shock pinch hitting sub.

they might JUST be physically ready to play AFL this year, but mentally and skills wise they wont be close
who knows. Libba and Paul Kelly came back from full reconstructions the same year doing the knee and played good football and yes im aware im comparing them to champs of the game but even still its very much possible

What on earth is that god awful beard caff is rocking he looks homeless
It's glorious!:D
120801_macaffer600.jpg

Yes to both comments here.

1 - Yes - I consider both of them in our best 22 if fit. In fact they walk in through my eyes.
2 - Yes - I was having a beer with a guy I knew back in 1990 in a pub in London and a broken thumb didn’t stop him from playing in a Grand final and I tell you now, he said no one was going to take his spot. So I guess in life Sentiment is a good thing and a possibility.

I recall watching a doco or possibly seeing some players talking and it was around the lines of we will do anything to get Krak into a winning grand final. Sorry to be so unsure but I do recall this somewhere.

I agree I think their best is top 22 for us, but if their form isn't up to it in the games leading up I'd be surprised if either are picked.

Yes I'm jealous about the beer you shared with your mate but he was different, I don't rekon a broken leg would of stopped him let alone a thumb :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we will get anything significant from them this year, mostly because I don't think they are best 22 anymore. Krak may have appeal as a sub through the finals, but that is probably all. Macaffer won't be able to push past the likes of Goldy, Tarrant (when forward) and Paine for a spot.

Huh? Not best 22? I assume you are talking about lack of match fitness.

If Paine gets a game ahead of either if they are fit then we have problems. Id put them ahead of a few others currently in the team aswell.

I don't think we will get anything significant from them this year, mostly because I don't think they are best 22 anymore. Krak may have appeal as a sub through the finals, but that is probably all. Macaffer won't be able to push past the likes of Goldy, Tarrant (when forward) and Paine for a spot.
Krak is best 22 easily, he is the only genuine crumbing forward with Magic we have that can truly break a game apart!
Sinclair, Elliot and Fasolo are different players and we have missed that small class forward and at the KPF's feet this season!

Seriously, a fit and formed up Krak could make a huge difference, at his age he probably knows that every season could be his last, that together with the loyalty shown by the Pies signing him up again whilst injured will see him busting a boiler if he gets a finals chance.

Seriously, a fit and formed up Krak could make a huge difference, at his age he probably knows that every season could be his last, that together with the loyalty shown by the Pies signing him up again whilst injured will see him busting a boiler if he gets a finals chance.
When did he sign?

Dids had a knee reco at the end of the 2006 season and stepped in by round 4 2007. That's 8 months between. And his was a partial tear. Dids has the right physique to get through it because he has those short compact legs which support his knee well and produce far less torsional stress when turning. I can't see Krak being match fit and with good match touch. Best is sub, but I don't see the point. Be good training inspiration thought.
Caff hasn't been best 22 for nearly 2 years so he just needs to be right for pre-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Krakouer and Macaffer set for shock early return

Remove this Banner Ad

Back