News Krakouer and Macaffer set for shock early return

Remove this Banner Ad

So he is with us in 2013? Do you have a link/source?
What about Caff?
Yes from memory its only a year extension, unfortunately it was a bit ago now and I don't have the link on hand don't know about Caff. I'll check and see if I can track it down but don't count on it

The only reference I can find now is a thread here on BF

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/krakouer-to-re-sign.915132/

No detail on actual signing though you can see the pies are very serious about holding on to him.

Even if Krak and Caff don't end up playing senior footy this year, their return will improve our team in all kind of intangible ways - improving morale, mentoring of juniors, putting pressure on spots, etc.

Even if Krak and Caff don't end up playing senior footy this year, their return will improve our team in all kind of intangible ways - improving morale, mentoring of juniors, putting pressure on spots, etc.

true, the best thnig they can do for the team now is support, moral and provide pressure and backup for spots

macaffer isnt best 22 anymore even when fit IMO
How on god's earth could anybody logically draw that conclusion without having seen him play fit for a year let alone 2. To me that's just wild speculation based on zero evidence. The last time Caff played fit for any stretch was pretty much 2010 and in the second half of that year he was a quickly becoming a very valuable player by taking plenty of contested marks and kicking his share of goals. Since then he's been pretty much struggling with injuries. If the club were to let a guy go on the basis that he is not fit and so can't break into the side then they'd need psychiatric assessment.

How on god's earth could anybody logically draw that conclusion without having seen him play fit for a year let alone 2. To me that's just wild speculation based on zero evidence. .

I think that is the point... He hasn't put up any evidence that he is best 22, but his competitors for the spot have been.

MARK THIS THREAD. Maccaffer will play senior football again this year. He will be a vital cog in our finals football campaign. He is all class. Takes strong contested marks and skillful. A knee injury doesnt keep you out of the gym building upper body strength. Just like Wellinghams adjusted program which has him training simulated real match fitness, Maccaffers pre season began a few months ago. Back on the bike to build his tank and even impact running on the track a few weeks ago. He without a doubt has the capacity to be match fit. We have the best strength and conditioning team in the AFL with altitude rooms implemented in the centre. MARK IT DOWN. Caff will play again!!! Don't need to say much about the Krak either as this sums it up. Only confidence in the knees can let them down.

I think that is the point... He hasn't put up any evidence that he is best 22, but his competitors for the spot have been.
Well blind Freddy knows he's not best 22 right now. FFS neither are Krak, Ball, Keefe or Johnno for exactly the same reasons... they can't get on the effing park but does that mean that longer term they're not best 22? Absolutely not and as I said, any such suggestion is nothing more than wild speculation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both these blokes will play this year dont you worry about that. They dont train there arses off to recover this quick to not have a dip.

MaCaffer is best 22, it's just that he hasn't played for a while, people have forgoten how good he can be. As much as this hurts me to say becuase I love Dawes he is one of my favourite players behind Dids, Swanny and Taz but I think he might make way for Caff, if he comes back. Caff gives us more run, more preasure and he can kick goals.

MaCaffer is best 22, it's just that he hasn't played for a while, people have forgoten how good he can be. As much as this hurts me to say becuase I love Dawes he is one of my favourite players behind Dids, Swanny and Taz but I think he might make way for Caff, if he comes back. Caff gives us more run, more preasure and he can kick goals.
caffs a better mark, and not scared.
also a better kick, which makes him a better all round player.
wont forget that snap over his shoulder in the grand final just moments after heata smothered rewoldt

So if Mcaffer replaces Dawes, who is going to support Jolly in the ruck.

FFS, you people need to understand the role Dawes is playing. I'd like to see caff come back in, but not to replace Dawes.

Simple fact is, for a second ruck/forward, at the moment, like it or not, Dawes is the best option we have. (the only option really)

FFS, you people need to understand the role Dawes is playing. I'd like to see caff come back in, but not to replace Dawes.

Simple fact is, for a second ruck/forward, at the moment, like it or not, Dawes is the best option we have. (the only option really)
I agree. There's no way I'd see Caff as a replacement for Dawes and you have to remember that Dawes own issues might be largely addressed by having someone like Caff in the side. Confidence breeds confidence IMO. Of course, you have to ask yourself will that happen this year and I reckon you'd be drawing a fairly long bow.

Goldsack to move to wing, heater to half back flank, Caff to play Half forward flank, buckley to emergency

How on god's earth could anybody logically draw that conclusion without having seen him play fit for a year let alone 2. To me that's just wild speculation based on zero evidence. The last time Caff played fit for any stretch was pretty much 2010 and in the second half of that year he was a quickly becoming a very valuable player by taking plenty of contested marks and kicking his share of goals. Since then he's been pretty much struggling with injuries. If the club were to let a guy go on the basis that he is not fit and so can't break into the side then they'd need psychiatric assessment.

Umm... zero evidence? im no expert but you would think that after TWO years of basically no football in the seniors, and comming back from a knee reconstruction he will be a shadow of the player he was previouslly for a while, the rest of 2012 at a minimum. In 2010 he was a fringe player and was playing his role similair to how goldsack is now, his now much less fit, a HELL lot more rusty, and mentally has to deal with an ACL which is incredibly hard. Everyone says ACL's are a two year injury, because the 2nd year ur still playing terrible football, his not even into the 2nd year and hasnt played much senior football since 2010. How on god's earth could u put him into our senior side?? especially seeing his repalcements have done more than enough

I agree that it's just too tough for a power player like Caff to be expected to find the form and confidence to perform coming back from his acl in a final. However, I hold some faint hope that Krak could impact based upon the fact that he has freakish qualities.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Krakouer and Macaffer set for shock early return

Remove this Banner Ad

Back