Krakouer wins mark of the year WTF???

Remove this Banner Ad

:confused:

4de4da8e.jpg

I guess someone edited the votes to ty the results so they could give it to Krakouer...

Krakouer was in the box seat.

Krakouer's former coach Danny Frawley may have been on the panel too.

So which one is doctored?

Interesting.

I think it's high time that everyone simply acknowledged the fact that the AFL is a political organisation. Almost everything they do is done the name of the "image of the game".

Merit is simply not a factor when there's some positive spin to be had.

I might have phrased this a bit more eloquently....but then we are dealing with a Collingwood supporter, so, yeh, this works !! :thumbsu::thumbsu::D:D:D:D:D:D

I would have been a bit more open and honest and questioning about the filth supporters ancestry... about how his mother shares the same father as he does...

Alrighty im risking limbs to come on here so let's hope i go alright!

I honestly couldn't believe it when Krak got the Mark of the year, certainly was underserved. IMHO i preferred Nic Nat's mark to any other contenders, but i thought Walkers would take the cake. my top 3 go Nic Nat then Walker then large gap, then Krak's...

If anything it shows that these awards are a bit of a joke, i mean try and tell me that Ballentine's was the best goal of 2011? Me no think so!

People have been talking about Andy's mark as one of the best of all time, let alone this year. Hangers of that scale are a real rarity, simply because they are so hard to pull off, and hence generate the sort of excitement that Andy's did. Krak's mark was a beauty but every round produces similar efforts.

No contest.

That decision had Luke Darcy's fingerprints all over it. His smugness last night was putrid. I'm not sure if it was his pleasure in creating controversy or the type of smugness you see in arthouse movie critics who champion arty shite over entertaining blockbusters because they're the experts and what would the public know?

Or maybe he's miffed because Andy Walker put egg all over his face. In the preseason Darcy was adamant that Andy would not succeed as a forward because "he didn't have the footy smarts." This could also explain Andy's ommission from the AA squad.

Whatever, I've always thought Darcy was a thick-headed arrogant f*&@wit. He hasn't disappointed.

I've never been a fan of Quarterbrain either, but to his credit he expressed his outrage at what was an outrageous call.

Also thought they got it wrong with the goal of the year too. I don't know what should have won because there are so many amazing efforts each year but Ballentine's should not have been in the top 3. Why? His first pass was a shocker and it was sheer luck that it bounced back to him. The pass to Pavlich was low percentage and it was only Pav's strength and skill that got it back to him.

Nah, Eddie's was better and Buddy kicked half a dozen that were better.

The solution is obvious - make the voting a public vote.

The mark of the year used to be a public vote didn't it- did it change when Lloyd won the back heeler?

Well I would prefer it to be a public mistake than a mistake made by ten people. Leigh Matthews is a dammn good football commentator- I would be surprised if he endorsed this vote- either way...make it a public vote. I can live with the odd Lloyd decision if it is on the public's head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't MOTY a public vote? I know GOTY was wasn't it? It definitely should be a public vote.

It used to be a public vote...but now a panel of people get together which includes Kevin Bartlett and Luke Darcy - two people who aren't exactly in love with Carlton - to decide who they believe should win.

It would be a very good Public relations exercise if they gave power back to the people on this MARK OF THE YEAR AND GOAL OF THE YEAR. If Krakeour won it based on public support then so be it- but having a select panel of people vote on it some of whom lost against Carlton in grand finals...well it isn't exactly a level playing field. The sample audience is 10? people versus hundred of thousands.

Mysteriously if you go on the AFL website now Walker and Krakeour got exactly the same number of public support 42% each for their marks.

For the goals - same deal Ballantyne and Eddie Betts get exactly same percentage vote 36%..if so it is an amazing coincidence that both Carlton players just couldn't quite get enough votes for their goals and marks.

not sure this is a misprint?

Wasn't MOTY a public vote? I know GOTY was wasn't it? It definitely should be a public vote.

It's not a public vote, but by a panel.

Just for the argument, why do some say, "It's better because it's a pack mark?"
How does the fact that there were players in the vicinity make any mark better than another?
Krakouer had a clear run and his leap was on the back of one player, no different to Walkers.

It would be interesting how the mark would be viewed with the superfluous extras out of the picture.

What an ordinary call. I dont know ANYONE who didnt think Walker was going to get it. And that includes a few Pies fans.

Anyhoo, couldnt give a toss really. The fact is the Blues are on the ascendancy, and people seem to be getting a tad nervous about it.

Can't wait till 2012. The hurt of the Eagles game will spur the boys on. They'll be ruthless. And all this hoo-ha will pale into insignificance.

As I said, I just thought it was absolutely extroadnary how it means so much to you guys...
because we are sick of getting shafted by demetriou, anderson and co.
Walker was mark of the decade and also should have been all australian in place of milne imo. kicked nearly 60 goals and had stints in the midfield and had to play as the tall forward once waite and kruezer went down although he is really only a mid size forward. also how scotland was not AA defies belief.krakour's was a great mark no doubt, but the degree of difficulty and length of hang time from walker are very rare events.

Youtube votes:

Walker mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERTcZV7uTFU

2 million 800 thousand+ hits.

Krakouer mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbJEIkZGwJE

54,400 hits.

Case dismissed.

That is very persuasive and I am going to use it in any pending arguments.
How many signed posters of Kraks mark is there compared to Walks. Ive seen Walkers everywhere (the one with skywalker on the top). I cant beleive this made me so angry. I guess Im having a tough week.

When I first saw the thread title, I thought you were taking the piss. However, as I start to read, I realize to my shock and dismay that this incredible miscarrige of justice has actually taken place. Take a look at Krakouer's mark... it was pretty good. Take a look at Walker's mark... it was one of the greatest marks of ALL TIME, not just this ****ing season.

If I wasn't already pissed off enough after getting robbed against the Eagles and seeing that gutless worm Gieschen come out and claim that the no call for Walker was correct, then I certainly am pushed right over the edge now. What's next for them to steal from us? Juddy's Brownlow? I guess a Collingwood player will get that too...

I'm sorry but there are only two words to describe this;

Criminal decision! :thumbsu: ;) :D

In all seriousness... There's a Canadian sports show that my friend watches religiously and they have some man love for the AFL in a similar way that we do with their ice hockey "OMG! They can't be serious! That's so brutal!"... Anyways, they show the highlights of the football. They have a nightly top ten plays. Walker won #1 for his mark while they showed Krakouer's when it happened but it didn't make their top ten. So they announce the MOTY as part of their AFL recap of the finals. They showed Tex's mark again and then mocked Krak's mark as the winner by claiming that it "got the Yankee treatment" as the Pies are the biggest club in the AFL. He's trying to upload it. Will share the link when or if he does. :thumbsu:

If I wasn't already pissed off enough after getting robbed against the Eagles and seeing that gutless worm Gieschen come out and claim that the no call for Walker was correct

It wasn't the call against Walker that pissed me off but the half a dozen goals that they scored as a direct result of horrendous umpiring decisions. The Walker one was bad enough but those other ones were far, far worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Krakouer wins mark of the year WTF???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back