KT on 5AA @ 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Wrinkles and Stupid would be pretty chuffed with themselves if Dunc necked himself I'm sure.

Duncanson himself explained why he was so emotional. He had worked himself to the position of President of the club he had supported since he was born. He had got to work alongside many of his childhood heroes (Ebert included) and he did the best he could. He was a shattered broken man. We don't know, any of us, that Primus or Thomas didn't ask Dunc to go first and we may never do but lets kick the bloke while he is down.

I wouldn't expect Camry supporters to comprehend this level of emotional attachment to a football club built over generations. Being around for only 20 years and created out of our aborted attempt to join the AFL won't give you any understanding at all.
It was clearly stated during the presser that Mattty specifically requested to present to the media seperately and second.

Hahaha thanks TSW, was posting in reply to a poster wondering why Duncanson was crying when he 'resigned' when the day was apparently about Matty. Probably should have quoted the poster if I want to avoid TSW-meme-burns in the future.

Absolutely .... its obviously a combination of things including them not being happy about media access to the club, and I suspect from Gra Gra, some residual impact related to Chad/Kanes treatment moving forward.
Didn't hear today's interview but there was one with Primus last year that was incredibly uncomfortable listening. Cornes came across as a whingeing ugly parent, whining about his kid not getting picked and trying desperately to score points against Primus. It also became obvious during the interview that Chad was blabbing every single inner sanctum moment and conversation straight to daddy. I have no doubt that Cornes has taken the recent treatment of his sons very personally and, whether consciously or not, has been sniping at every opportunity to get back at the club.

Didn't hear today's interview but there was one with Primus last year that was incredibly uncomfortable listening. Cornes came across as a whingeing ugly parent, whining about his kid not getting picked and trying desperately to score points against Primus. It also became obvious during the interview that Chad was blabbing every single inner sanctum moment and conversation straight to daddy. I have no doubt that Cornes has taken the recent treatment of his sons very personally and, whether consciously or not, has been sniping at every opportunity to get back at the club.
Spot on Carl. It has become very evident that Wrinkles has had it in for Primus for a very long time because of the treatment of Chad and Kane last year. Whenever Primus was being interviewed you could just sense that Wrinkles was frothing at the mouth in anger. It is about time 5AA get rid of Wrinkles as he is well past his use by date. It is aslo a well known fact that Chad was the cause of the leaks from the club and was one of the main reasons why he was moved on.

As i've mentioned earlier in this thread Cornes has said numerous times that he truly believes, without any evidence, that Primus's hand at selection was being forced by two people in high positions at the club. He'd say "One of them (obviously Haysman) is no longer there, but the other one (obviously Duncanson) still is...."

He holds these two men personally responsible for the "treatment" of his sons.

Yesterday was all about unity and renewal.

- President resigns.
- Coach resigns.
- CEO there for damage control and to assure the masses/masters that there is a blueprint going forward.

Duncanson got emotional parting ways with a football club he'd worked for for over a decade. Just one of those things.

Yeah - I understand him getting emotional, just don't get the timing.

I just would have thought that as a parting moment of respect for a guy who has bled for your club since he joined, they would have made that 30 minute period solely (or at least primarily) about Matt Primus.

Whether they intended it or not, it very quickly became all about Duncanson, a guy who is ultimately going to be around for at least another 4-6 weeks in the job, and who at least from a public standpoint, has not had to endure the same level of scrutiny and blame for the woes your club are experiencing at the moment.

Personally I think this whole thing has been completely blown out of proportion. Duncanson resigned, Primus was sacked. It was all quick, swift and decisive. I don't see the problem. They both got their air time.

Yeah - I understand him getting emotional, just don't get the timing.

I just would have thought that as a parting moment of respect for a guy who has bled for your club since he joined, they would have made that 30 minute period solely (or at least primarily) about Matt Primus.

Whether they intended it or not, it very quickly became all about Duncanson, a guy who is ultimately going to be around for at least another 4-6 weeks in the job, and who at least from a public standpoint, has not had to endure the same level of scrutiny and blame for the woes your club are experiencing at the moment.

Did you not bother to read this?????????

It was clearly stated during the presser that Matty specifically requested to present to the media separately and second.

The crow show is something that I do not bother with

Did you not bother to read this?????????

Yeah, saw that. I'm just surprised they put them on the same bill in the first place. Matty Primus doesn't strike me as the kind who would make a big song and dance about it - just thought it was something your administration would have done off their own bat as a parting gesture.

Anyway, most of you guys seem happy with how it played out, so who cares.

Good luck going forward - genuinely hope you get things back on track. SA footy needs both our clubs up and about.

Remove this Banner Ad

KT on 5AA @ 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back