KT on 5AA @ 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Listened to it on the way home - can't believe they did the crying baby thing at the start of the presser, and the ensuing tone they took with KT was woeful. Good on him for serving it back up to them.

But on a day that your senior coach was given the arse by the club, it really was an effing strange decision to let the president go on first and basically hijack the show and makes it all about him?

You would have thought KT and co would have shown a bit more respect to Matt Primus (Duncanson clearly wasnt going to), and give the Pres his time in the sun (which he is obviously looking for) some other time. From what i understand, he's not even finishing straight away?

Stripping away all of the personal agendas and the ridiculous antics of dumb and dumber, that was the premise of their take on it, and i tend to agree. A very weird way to handle the presser for your sacked coach.

Listened to it on the way home - can't believe they did the crying baby thing at the start of the presser, and the ensuing tone they took with KT was woeful. Good on him for serving it back up to them.

But on a day that your senior coach was given the arse by the club, it really was an effing strange decision to let the president go on first and basically hijack the show and makes it all about him?

You would have thought KT and co would have shown a bit more respect to Matt Primus (Duncanson clearly wasnt going to), and give the Pres his time in the sun (which he is obviously looking for) some other time. From what i understand, he's not even finishing straight away?

Stripping away all of the personal agendas and the ridiculous antics of dumb and dumber, that was the premise of their take on it, and i tend to agree. A very weird way to handle the presser for your sacked coach.
You are missing the point, they would have had a problem with whatever happened. That's how they work, they pick up on some pettydifference that they can moan about and blow it up into a huge deal. Particularly when it's Port, makes me laugh when Cornes denigrates shock jocks on other channels. What the feck does he think he is?

First time Ive listened to 5AA in over 20 years and first time ever heard the Cornes and Rowe show (who is Rowe -te Norwood rover from the 1980s?). Equal parts arrogance and self-importance with a dash of vitriol served in a half-empty glass with contempt and no responsibility. A heady cocktail indeed.

Enough is enough. I encourage all Port supporters to email 5AA and advise them they will boycott their station as of today. I fail to understand how any self respecting Port supporter could continue listening to a low life, bottom feeding Crow loving scum bag like Stephen Rowe continually chip away and degrade our club. I can handle fair criticism and understand we deserve plenty of it but what comes out of this two faced hypocrite's mouth is beyond that. His ridiculing of Duncanson yesterday was absolutely disgraceful and just the latest in his unrelenting, cowardly attack on our club. No doubt if Duncanson had agreed to appear on their show last night he would have been all over him with his insincere sympathy - that's the way this sniper operates. To then issue an apology and tell KT 'I'll eye ball you over coffee' - is this guy for real. Please, please, please Port supporters - TURN THIS SHIT OFF AND LET THEM KNOW YOU'VE DONE IT.

Why - it would indicate that I listen to the show. I am not that foolish to let the world know this.

How on earth will the world know? You can complain and not listen to 5aa. The complaints go to dmg Radio, not 5aa.

You are missing the point, they would have had a problem with whatever happened. That's how they work, they pick up on some pettydifference that they can moan about and blow it up into a huge deal. Particularly when it's Port, makes me laugh when Cornes denigrates shock jocks on other channels. What the feck does he think he is?
I get you angst towards them - it was woefully unprofessional on their part, and there wouldn't be to many who would see it in any other way.

My point however is that at the core of their bullshit antics lies a genuine question which I would love to have seen raised and discussed rationally with Keith Thomas. And that is: how does a much loved former captain and departing (albeit unsuccessful) coach, in his last press conference for the club after being sacked from the job, have to play second fiddle to the club president who of his own volition announces his retirement, and then proceeds to make a spectacle of himself by becoming so emotional that he can't continue.

I just think out of respect to one of your true club champions, yesterday should have been all about Matthew Primus. I'm surprised more of you don't feel the same.

A valid question, but I think most of us think that the last couple of days have been all about the club and not any one person. Indeed BD resignation could have been announced at anytime, but I think KT wanted the Port faithful to know drastic action was finally on the cards.

I get you angst towards them - it was woefully unprofessional on their part, and there wouldn't be to many who would see it in any other way.

My point however is that at the core of their bullshit antics lies a genuine question which I would love to have seen raised and discussed rationally with Keith Thomas. And that is: how does a much loved former captain and departing (albeit unsuccessful) coach, in his last press conference for the club after being sacked from the job, have to play second fiddle to the club president who of his own volition announces his retirement, and then proceeds to make a spectacle of himself by becoming so emotional that he can't continue.

I just think out of respect to one of your true club champions, yesterday should have been all about Matthew Primus. I'm surprised more of you don't feel the same.

thought the message yesterday was that the Port Adelaide Football Club was being put first

how does a much loved former captain and departing (albeit unsuccessful) coach, in his last press conference for the club after being sacked from the job, have to play second fiddle to the club president who of his own volition announces his retirement, and then proceeds to make a spectacle of himself by becoming so emotional that he can't continue.
Good question.

I think everyone here is too happy to care at the moment but it is strange

Agree wholehartedly. Duncanson's resignation was a self indulgent train wreck moment. He should've stopped at "im stepping down to give the board clean air".

One of th most embarassing things our club has ever done - in a long list of recent embarassments!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enough is enough. I encourage all Port supporters to email 5AA and advise them they will boycott their station as of today. I fail to understand how any self respecting Port supporter could continue listening to a low life, bottom feeding Crow loving scum bag like Stephen Rowe continually chip away and degrade our club. I can handle fair criticism and understand we deserve plenty of it but what comes out of this two faced hypocrite's mouth is beyond that. His ridiculing of Duncanson yesterday was absolutely disgraceful and just the latest in his unrelenting, cowardly attack on our club. No doubt if Duncanson had agreed to appear on their show last night he would have been all over him with his insincere sympathy - that's the way this sniper operates. To then issue an apology and tell KT 'I'll eye ball you over coffee' - is this guy for real. Please, please, please Port supporters - TURN THIS SHIT OFF AND LET THEM KNOW YOU'VE DONE IT.
Yeah I tried to ring them while driving my kids home fro school , couldnt get through but all they would have heard was me saying "thats it Ive had a gutfull of those two clowns" followed by the sound of mmm. I will never listen to them again even when Port people are on. Enough is enough.

Yesterday was all about unity and renewal.

- President resigns.
- Coach resigns.
- CEO there for damage control and to assure the masses/masters that there is a blueprint going forward.

Duncanson got emotional parting ways with a football club he'd worked for for over a decade. Just one of those things.

I also think we've all under-estimated the toll that public ridicule would have had on him.

Tredrea made his "teflon" comments just a few hours earlier. Rucci had had his say.

Duncanson knows that he couldn't go on for the betterment of our club. If he's a proud man, it would have pained him to accept that his reign had coincided with our worst sustained period in history.

His outpouring of emotion was not just about leaving the club, it was about his mixture of guilt/regret and embarrassment (for his poor decisions that he was now conceding were wrong by letting Primus go) and enormous vulnerability and humiliation from the widespread criticism of the supporters and media savages.

If he was leaving in better times, I'm sure he wouldn't have been so emotional.

Cornes thinks he's been an old school tough guy by hanging shit on Dunc for crying, but really he's just being a dickhead. Real people have moments of weakness, even professional people involved in football, and denying that they happen is no good for anyone and creates a culture of silence.

Cornes thinks he's been an old school tough guy by hanging shit on Dunc for crying, but really he's just being a dickhead. Real people have moments of weakness, even professional people involved in football, and denying that they happen is no good for anyone and creates a culture of silence.
imagesCABSQW6P.jpg

Wrinkles and Stupid would be pretty chuffed with themselves if Dunc necked himself I'm sure.

Duncanson himself explained why he was so emotional. He had worked himself to the position of President of the club he had supported since he was born. He had got to work alongside many of his childhood heroes (Ebert included) and he did the best he could. He was a shattered broken man. We don't know, any of us, that Primus or Thomas didn't ask Dunc to go first and we may never do but lets kick the bloke while he is down.

I wouldn't expect Camry supporters to comprehend this level of emotional attachment to a football club built over generations. Being around for only 20 years and created out of our aborted attempt to join the AFL won't give you any understanding at all.

Jumbo, I don't get it.

To be honest, if its about Mick Molloy and its more recent than The Late Show, I have zero chance of getting it.

had duncanson not resigned, the press conference would have been nothing but questions directed at him about accepting responsibility for the hiring of primus and the current position of the club. people would be expecting him to fall on sword. should he prevaricate just so primus gets his "day in the sun"?

if anything, his resignation showed the club were not placing the blame for their current position solely at the feet of the coach.

had duncanson not resigned, the press conference would have been nothing but questions directed at him about accepting responsibility for the hiring of primus and the current position of the club. people would be expecting him to fall on sword. should he prevaricate just so primus gets his "day in the sun"?

if anything, his resignation showed the club were not placing the blame for their current position solely at the feet of the coach.
Strong username to 180 degree content ratio is strong.

Remove this Banner Ad

KT on 5AA @ 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back