Kyabram DFL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a disgrace that is, already up to 100 kids not playing on the weekend in the KDL with byes, why couldn't 4 or 5 kids from any of those sides not make up the numbers? No excuse! When Merrigum first got their 3rds back up and running they only had 10-14 kids every week and relied on the sides having byes to lend them kids each week to get numbers, that worked.
And some of us with more kids at the time handed over enough to make a game. Played thirteen a side against the Gum one day at Kyabram when they had nine just to have a game and we told the umpire to forget the minimum fourteen players aside rule. Shane McLennan deserves an enormous amount of praise for the work that he did to keep juniors running. I suggested earlier this season that delegates needed to put the idea of dual registration for juniors forward to AFL Victoria, did it happen? It would certainly help clubs like Longwood in the future. Then again several years ago two of us went cap in hand to a Campaspe Junior Football League meeting before the commencement of the season and asked if the clubs which would have players missing out would consider a roster system where kids could go out to the games where clubs were likely to be short, oh no we need them all for (insert whatever reason here) because (we'd hate to get beaten in a competition with no finals) we might need them. No foresight or thought for the future of the game and the age group then should now be playing as adults. How many were lost to game? Sadly, some of the adults involved are still running junior football under various guises.

Correct Hank. I think we need to be able to count the games the boys play in our U18 competition. At the moment it isn't the case.

The system will need further refinement. Clubs probably won't feel the pinch for another 2 years as last year's players had a deduction applied on the implementation of the player points system.

Clubs like Nagambie and Nathalia have very low points due to keeping locals at the club. That is what the intention is with the player points, I hope it works. Clubs to get back to looking after their own instead of recruiting a 'touring crew' to win a premiership.
Think this would be a terrible move as it would see clubs able to plant kids in under 18 comps for a couple of years to have them as home grown talent.
The paying of kids to play footy needs to be avoided for a number reasons .
Interestingly everyone who has experienced under 14's and Under 17's believe it works .
Not wanting to rub noses in it , but I don't think it is coincidence that the 2 leagues in the area without that Auskick to under 17/18 pathway , are seeing the largest decline in junior player numbers.
People opposed to under 14's need to grasp that you don't have to have a side from top aged kids . Plenty of 10-11 year olds run around in under 14 comps without any issues .

From what I have seen this year there is plenty of top end talent in the thirds comp but falls away quick
the 3 kids from Longwood in the squad 2 have played well in seniors all year the other has trained with seniors all year and is improving each week.
Murch have 3 or 4 good kids one was in there best vs us in the seniors...
James Feeney coaches a very talented crop of kids at tally with a handful playing seniors in a strong side rushy have the kid gelsi who has had senior experience.

I can only judge on what I have seen I just hope both seniors and un18s can have at least 16-18 of the best 21 players you will never get the best 21 but let's hope we get close to it

From what I have seen this year there is plenty of top end talent in the thirds comp but falls away quick
the 3 kids from Longwood in the squad 2 have played well in seniors all year the other has trained with seniors all year and is improving each week.
Murch have 3 or 4 good kids one was in there best vs us in the seniors...
James Feeney coaches a very talented crop of kids at tally with a handful playing seniors in a strong side rushy have the kid gelsi who has had senior experience.

I can only judge on what I have seen I just hope both seniors and un18s can have at least 16-18 of the best 21 players you will never get the best 21 but let's hope we get close to it
Any idea when the squads will be announced??

SENIOR FOOTBALL

Ardmona – Ashton Cashion, Klae Rowan

Avenel – Donald Stirling, Michael Morgan, Trent Fallon, Anthony Dickinson, Kasey Duncan, Ash Neville

Girgarre – Jake Hyland, Ash Kirchhofer, Paul Parsons, Ryan Jones

Lancaster – Michael Hill

Longwood – Braydon Kearns

Merrigum – Joshua Smith

Murchison – James Milne, Steve Devlin, James Martin, Jack Sanderson

Nagambie – Anthony Haysom, Kyle Winter Irving, Jayden Gleeson, Mathew Waterson, Nathan Fothergill, Hamish Winter Irving

Rushworth – Craig Turner, Todd Clarke, Jason Hucker

Stanhope – Eric Edwards, Michael Coad, Jye Patten, Tom Durward, Simon Collis, Alex Young

Tallygaroopna – Brent Arho, Doug Wren, Tim Karolidis

Undera – Daniel Breen

Violet Town – Rob Staff, Chris McKay, Sam Poole, Lochlan Morrison

UNDER 18 FOOTBALL

Ardmona – Tristan Castle, Adrian Moor, Riley Dryden

Avenel – Jacob Nipperess, Tylah Long, Quintan Rickman

Girgarre – Aaron Braisier

Lancaster – Colby McDonald, Matthew Price, Liam Nedeljkovich

Longwood – Matthew Ranger, Braydon Rawlings, Thomas Tobin

Merrigum – Jack Sinclair, Antonie Bonadiesi

Murchison – Michael Watson, Nicholas Mileto, Jack Sanderson, David Palmer

Nagambie – Jordan Wilson, David Comi, Zac Alderton

Stanhope – Dylan Kromek, Mitch McCague, Tanner Stokes, Josh Newton, Shelby Buckley

Tallygaroopna – Lachlan Karl, Brodie Sanders, Darcy Collins, Rhys Lancaster

Undera – James Cocca

Violet Town – Jacob Roberts, Nicholas Henderson

Fair enough just wasn't sure great to see no restrictions for Chappy.

I guess having the best possible players to represent the league is the same objective the clubs have.

W
Interesting read, was surprised to see Lancaster with only 22 points ( every player worth 1 except for Jason Casey 3, and one player short). Not sure how that works when Jack Donnell and Besim Besim were recruited from Ky 2s, 2pts, and Beau Joyce Ky 3rds, from a junior comp so 3pts. Ky and Lancy must be classed as one club?!!
This point is why the player point system will not make any difference to evening up competition, MFL Premiers Nathalia have every player worth one point total of 22 for 22 players, Longwood on the other hand struggle to stay under 50!!o_O
What link do I follow to get a look at this Hank, buggered if I can find it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SENIOR FOOTBALL

Ardmona – Ashton Cashion, Klae Rowan

Avenel – Donald Stirling, Michael Morgan, Trent Fallon, Anthony Dickinson, Kasey Duncan, Ash Neville

Girgarre – Jake Hyland, Ash Kirchhofer, Paul Parsons, Ryan Jones

Lancaster – Michael Hill

Longwood – Braydon Kearns

Merrigum – Joshua Smith

Murchison – James Milne, Steve Devlin, James Martin, Jack Sanderson

Nagambie – Anthony Haysom, Kyle Winter Irving, Jayden Gleeson, Mathew Waterson, Nathan Fothergill, Hamish Winter Irving

Rushworth – Craig Turner, Todd Clarke, Jason Hucker

Stanhope – Eric Edwards, Michael Coad, Jye Patten, Tom Durward, Simon Collis, Alex Young

Tallygaroopna – Brent Arho, Doug Wren, Tim Karolidis

Undera – Daniel Breen

Violet Town – Rob Staff, Chris McKay, Sam Poole, Lochlan Morrison

UNDER 18 FOOTBALL

Ardmona – Tristan Castle, Adrian Moor, Riley Dryden

Avenel – Jacob Nipperess, Tylah Long, Quintan Rickman

Girgarre – Aaron Braisier

Lancaster – Colby McDonald, Matthew Price, Liam Nedeljkovich

Longwood – Matthew Ranger, Braydon Rawlings, Thomas Tobin

Merrigum – Jack Sinclair, Antonie Bonadiesi

Murchison – Michael Watson, Nicholas Mileto, Jack Sanderson, David Palmer

Nagambie – Jordan Wilson, David Comi, Zac Alderton

Stanhope – Dylan Kromek, Mitch McCague, Tanner Stokes, Josh Newton, Shelby Buckley

Tallygaroopna – Lachlan Karl, Brodie Sanders, Darcy Collins, Rhys Lancaster

Undera – James Cocca

Violet Town – Jacob Roberts, Nicholas Henderson
Anyone willing to have a crack at naming the side?

Or...the police knocked on my door, produced a warrant and took away my computer for forensic examination!
Came across a swarve looking smooth recently , fair to say with his primed to the minute manscapping he wouldnt get out of the rushy pubs ladies dunnys in a hurry ?;)

Just read in the Shepp News that Longwood haven't been able to field their strongest side for the last couple of weeks due to the points cap.
In the GVFL the closest to breaching the cap is Shepp Bears who have the longest finals drought in the league.
I always thought this was going to hurt bottom clubs more than top sides. It's appearing to be the case. This system is hopelessly flawed. I don't think it will "sort itself out in a few years". Invariably this may cost clubs their future more than the old system.
Even though Longwood have been struggling again, at least they've had a crack at turning it around and recruiting a handful of handy players. Just bloody let them field their best side!!

Just read in the Shepp News that Longwood haven't been able to field their strongest side for the last couple of weeks due to the points cap.
In the GVFL the closest to breaching the cap is Shepp Bears who have the longest finals drought in the league.
I always thought this was going to hurt bottom clubs more than top sides. It's appearing to be the case. This system is hopelessly flawed. I don't think it will "sort itself out in a few years". Invariably this may cost clubs their future more than the old system.
Even though Longwood have been struggling again, at least they've had a crack at turning it around and recruiting a handful of handy players. Just bloody let them field their best side!!
Agree

That's right it's been 2 months and Shepp Bears & Longwood havnt won a flag yet!! Scrap it!!

If the system is done right over the next 'couple of years' Shepp Bears, Longwood & the like will be given more points to field stronger sides. Hopefully they have a club culture that can keep recruits for longer then 1 year so the individual players points drop and the club can recruit in more quality. While the top sides get less points bringing them back to the pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back