Kyabram DFL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit like in the NRL everyone just calls them Manly. I suppose will still be called Murch...

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 9

Bit like in the NRL everyone just calls them Manly. I suppose will still be called Murch...[/QUOTE

Sounds good! Surely their is one old man that is very proud of this. Any truth to a rumour Murch have picked up a Gun player this week?? Will be very handy to the side if true.
Also is Singh what longwood need? Seeing their score from the wkend and they got smashed by over 100 points, how will he change score lines like that?

Any change to Jumpers or club colours at all? Is the name change official as of today? Or will it be implemented next season?

No, same style of jumpers that have worn since 2012.

Now that the vote has been approved the club will need to look at the legal side of things through Consumer Affairs and the football and netball governing bodies.

No real surprises in the KDFL today with perhaps the size of the margin in Stanhope beating Violet Town and Lancaster sneaking past the "bye" being the highlights. The big questions short term must surely be will COGS build a wider scoreboard for the Murchison Recreation Reserve to accommodate their name change (of course the change rooms can wait) and how many of the KDFL's most talented players will commit to Interleague?

No, same style of jumpers that have worn since 2012.

Now that the vote has been approved the club will need to look at the legal side of things through Consumer Affairs and the football and netball governing bodies.

That's good to hear, but the club needs to be fair dinkum about the change, you need MURCHISON/TOOLAMBA on the scoreboard, the honour boards, your letterheads, your logo, anything that has MURCHISON on it from a promotional point of view, you need to have the new name on it.

Gembrook in the YVMDFL added Cockatoo to their club name about 10 years ago, and that was done to also spread the catchment area of the club into an area that didn't have a team, they went all in, and it's been a success for them.

As far as Consumer Affairs go, you can do what the Western Bulldogs have done, legally they still trade under the name "FOOTSCRAY FOOTBALL CLUB", but of course go by the name the Western Bulldogs, Netball I have no idea, but the name should be on the skirts somewhere, either when you order new ones, or as a patch.

Also, that MTFC logo that you altered from the new Melbourne monogram that I saw on facebook, where you have the "Hoppers logo on the jumper now, that should be on any new jumpers that the club purchases to gradually bring in the change.

Although I'm not involved with the club anymore, but this is a really positive move that's been long overdue and should be fully embraced by the club.

Looks like Barnett is a lil scared that he may get hit un fairly this arvo... 3 video cameras set up around the ground at GJ Cochrane oval... Mummy and Daddy obviously paying....

Looks like Barnett is a lil scared that he may get hit un fairly this arvo... 3 video cameras set up around the ground at GJ Cochrane oval... Mummy and Daddy obviously paying....

Haha what a crock. One thing Barney isn't scared of is being humble, making a speech and acknowledging the opposition.
There were cameras at the Grand Final too. Made for some great watching, those premiership DVDs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha what a crock. One thing Barney isn't scared of is being humble, making a speech and acknowledging the opposition.
There were cameras at the Grand Final too. Made for some great watching, those premiership DVDs

Nothing to do with being humble why else would u video a game that you know ur going to get flogged in?????

Biggest fall from grace I've ever seen.. Win a flag 6 months ago and looks like they will finish bottom 4..can't recall a team winning a flag and then being non competitive the following year.. Will be a long time rebuilding I'd say..

Biggest fall from grace I've ever seen.. Win a flag 6 months ago and looks like they will finish bottom 4..can't recall a team winning a flag and then being non competitive the following year.. Will be a long time rebuilding I'd say..

Yep. Terrible start to the year. Lost nearly every gun on our list and lost depth too. (I hate this next
Excuse but..) have had a minimum of 6 out of the 1's each week, which most sides go through but without the depth of last 4 years it's been tough. As far as re-building, won't necessarily take long at all.

Good job by the Roos.. Gone abt their business the rite way and can go the next step in the next few years..
Excellent effort by Girgarre and will definitely shake Murchison given the home ground advantage. Next week will definitely determine how far Girgarre and Rushworth have come and should be the match of the round. Who would have thought twelve months ago?

Merrigum have had the video out for many seasons. Just checked the 2015 results and Merrigum are still listed as the Premier. Cheap shot bringing in Barney's parents and I'd back Merrigum in at short odds in the "Humility Stakes" over Stanhope anytime based on contributions to this forum.

Ah so old mate Smooth Moover has been erased from the Gum forever already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back