Kyabram DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I beleive they had overwhelming support to explore changing league as it brought in more juniors & an extra netball grade which supported they're direction of more community involvement!
Spot on.

The prospect of 11s, 14s and 17s football and C Res netball all on the same day at the same venue is something that our members know is key.

Discussions will continue with other clubs that are wanting the same format.

What ?? Nagambie by 15 goals over SE well it can only be 3 reasons for that The lakers are that good
SE are pretenders
Or they just had a bad day
Nagambie are high quality side. I’m not going to pretend to know SE inside and out and who was missing, but at a quick glance I noticed that East had Cobey Aynsley playing. I know Cobey well enough and I’m going to guess senior footy wasn’t in his plans, as good as he’s been over the years and as good as he’s playing in the twos. I will assume they were very undermanned.

But not to knock Nagambie’s game.

We are struggling with injuries and stuff and the boys on the park are having a crack. We still put in a decent effort despite the big margin against Murch-Tool.

Watching some of their ball movement and plays from the stewards box today was awesome. High quality stuff. Also without Cashion playing.

Dookie over Stanhope was a surprise, I thought Stanhope might have slightly had their measure. Funnily enough Cobey’s brother Shannon played ones for Stanhope today and similarly he’s mostly a twos player these days.

Wonder if Stanhope or Dookie will challenge any of the top 4 in September or the top 4 are a class above. I’m going for the latter.

Tips this week?

Round 14 Tips

Avenel
Lancaster
Shepp East
Nagambie
Murchison-Toolamba
Merrigum

Round 15 will be the one that everyone has their calculator out for! All matches promise to be tightly contested and the top 4 will be shaped:

Lancaster v Shepp East
Nagambie v Murchison-Toolamba

Girgarre v Stanhope
Dookie United v Merrigum
Undera v Tallygaroopna
Violet Town v Avenel
*Rushworth v Longwood

Big shout out to GrassKat , good luck with the next chapter , you have done a great job at MT .
Thanks mate, off for a couple of years to the UAE. Will have to get my footy fix through BigFooty.

I’ll be in the air as my boys take on the Lakers for top spot. Pretty well scripted to be honest.

Local footy has been my passion and it has been great to spend my years at across some great clubs in Lancaster, Tongala, Katandra, Calivil, South Bendigo, Kyabram, Nagambie and Murch. These experiences have shaped me as a player, administrator and individual. Meeting many people along the way.

When I come back from abroad, I’m tempted to see if I can land a career in local footy admin.

Thanks mate, off for a couple of years to the UAE. Will have to get my footy fix through BigFooty.

I’ll be in the air as my boys take on the Lakers for top spot. Pretty well scripted to be honest.

Local footy has been my passion and it has been great to spend my years at across some great clubs in Lancaster, Tongala, Katandra, Calivil, South Bendigo, Kyabram, Nagambie and Murch. These experiences have shaped me as a player, administrator and individual. Meeting many people along the way.

When I come back from abroad, I’m tempted to see if I can land a career in local footy admin.
Gee Kat 7 clubs another 4 and you would be up there with smooth All that aside well done with your football journeys especially with MT where like most presidents took on every roll you could possibly do , blokes like you are irreplaceable I’m sure there will be an opportunity in football administration locally on your return cheers mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee Kat 7 clubs another 4 and you would be up there with smooth All that aside well done with your football journeys especially with MT where like most presidents took on every roll you could possibly do , blokes like you are irreplaceable I’m sure there will be an opportunity in football administration locally on your return cheers mate
It’s not as bad as it seems old mate.
Lanky as a kid supporting the old man. Tonny U12s in Grade 6.

Couple of clubs when at Uni, a couple permit games at Ky when they were cellar dwellers (2002).

A run at Nag when I had senior coaching aspirations, but found that I was more suited to coaching kids. Kats and Hoppers definitely my two clubs, with over a decade at each.

It’s probably why Smooth and I have such an appreciation for local footy, we’ve seen a bit in our travels! It has allowed me to apply many of the good things that I’ve seen across these great clubs in the build up of MT.

No more Wednesday night dates for us 😉

Hosting at Tatura was too challenging with a GVL fixture there the day before and a horse event occurring that weekend too.

Merrigum is the likely venue for this game.
The 2 big games today certainly lived up to expectations with nothing between the 4 sides with Murch leading for most of the day only to lose by a point to Nagambie and lancy getting the better of SE who were a little undisciplined and only 3 points down before a hundred meter penalty deep in time on resulted in a goal One thing we know for sure there is not a lot between these top 4 sides great finals series looming

Watched nagambie vs Murch, Murch should of won, had all the footy just couldn’t kick up fwd.
Blake fothergil a class above just too quick for them all also James Lloyd is a star kicked 8 or 9 no one in nagambie team can match up with him. Dry day Murch win by 2 goals

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The 2 big games today certainly lived up to expectations with nothing between the 4 sides with Murch leading for most of the day only to lose by a point to Nagambie and lancy getting the better of SE who were a little undisciplined and only 3 points down before a hundred meter penalty deep in time on resulted in a goal One thing we know for sure there is not a lot between these top 4 sides great finals series looming
The radio people reckon the umps were poor and East didn't get the rub of the green
They were certainly barracking for east

Watched nagambie vs Murch, Murch should of won, had all the footy just couldn’t kick up fwd.
Blake fothergil a class above just too quick for them all also James Lloyd is a star kicked 8 or 9 no one in nagambie team can match up with him. Dry day Murch win by 2 goals

Sent from my iPhone using Wasn’t there but I assume it wouldn’t have been too wet.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Couldn’t kick up forward? They kicked 14.7 and Lloyd kicked 9. Wasn’t there but I wouldn’t have thought the ground was too wet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kyabram DFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back