Toast Kyle Chalmers - Port Adelaide Ambassador

Remove this Banner Ad

I really wanted us to win the men's 4x100m Free, but I knew we just didn't have the depth to beat the US despite King Kyle.

Kyle has got us 4 relay bronzes in his previous 2 Olympics because he usually is 5th or 6th when he gets in the water. Tonight he went into the water 4th.

Great result for Kyle early this morning to get silver.

Did his usual thing of slow start, was 8th at the turn and pinched the silver from Popovici by 0.01 sec, but was smoked by winner Pan.

As usual, left nothing in the tank. This is the mentality that I hope one day, he brings to players at the club.

For Pan to knock off 0.40 sec off his own WR in an acclaimed slow pool, only 2.15m deep not preferred 3m, after sneaking into the final by less 0.10 sec is dodgy. But enough of him.

If Kyle had won he would have joined the pantheon of greatness and won 2 golds in the 100m along with The Duke, Tarzan, Popov and Hoogie, and only 2 swimmers have reclaimed their title with a no gold in the middle. One of them is Phelps.

But still creates history and joins Duke Kahanamoku and Popov as only swimmers to win 3 medals in men's 100m Freestyle.

But all class by Kyle on the podium, despite all the questions and in this interview.

Great result for Kyle early this morning to get silver.

Did his usual thing of slow start, was 8th at the turn and pinched the silver from Popovici by 0.01 sec, but was smoked by winner Pan.

As usual, left nothing in the tank. This is the mentality that I hope one day, he brings to players at the club.

For Pan to knock off 0.40 sec off his own WR in an acclaimed slow pool, only 2.15m deep not preferred 3m, after sneaking into the final by less 0.10 sec is dodgy. But enough of him.

If Kyle had won he would have joined the pantheon of greatness and won 2 golds in the 100m along with The Duke, Tarzan, Popov and Hoogie, and only 2 swimmers have reclaimed their title with a no gold in the middle. One of them is Phelps.

But still creates history and joins Duke Kahanamoku and Popov as only swimmers to win 3 medals in men's 100m Freestyle.

But all class by Kyle on the podium, despite all the questions and in this interview.

From personal experience there's nothing worse than knowing you're on the best horse in the race but you're up against someone you know is on something you're not and there's nothing you can do about it.

Predicting he'll be awarded this gold medal in the future...
You are not the only one who has said this - on Big Footy - and around the world.

It was an amazing swim, Pan had a gap from the beginning & they just couldn’t catch him. Total of 0.02 between 2nd & 4th. IMG_1448.JPG IMG_1458.JPG IMG_1462.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the mums and dads who get up at ridiculous hours and spend their weekends taking their kids to swimming practice and the endless country and interstate carnivals loving what Kyle did in that press conference.

A young man who understands the hard work and sweat of not just himself but everyone around him. Who gracefully acknowledged the mighty swim that Pan did to win gold and couldn't give a flying feck about the BS politics that others tried to engage in.

At a time when the meaning of the term 'Olympic Spirit' is continually challenged, he leaves these Olympics a true legend of the sport.

I've been watching swimming for a long time. Four decades at least.
I've never seen anything like that swim from Pan.

It's very hard not to think something is untoward about it, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

This guy is a bit more blunt:

I've been watching swimming for a long time. Four decades at least.
I've never seen anything like that swim from Pan.

It's very hard not to think something is untoward about it, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

This guy is a bit more blunt:

Kyle Stockwell is an ex college swimmer and according to him - Founder of http://sockwellswimclub.com

Yes he is US swimming insider. Been following him since 2022 world champs in Budapest. He is at La Defense Arena in Paris.

Normally you give athletes the benefit of the doubt, but based on the info we have the exact opposite has to happen here.

We know China covers up systemic drug cheating, and winning at Paris is so important to them.

Previous instances of cheating are amazingly investigated by china’s own body, who then tell the world body that the positive tests were “contaminated” samples. Rinse and repeat.

I would be amazed if any Chinese athletes weren’t part of a doping program.

They’re getting extreme variations in effectiveness with those drugs because last time I checked China is a bit underwhelming in the swimming medal tally.

Last edited:
Normally you give athletes the benefit of the doubt, but based on the info we have the exact opposite has to happen here.

We know China covers up systemic drug cheating, and winning at Paris is so important to them.

Previous instances of cheating are amazingly investigated by china’s own body, who then tell the world body that the positive tests were “contaminated” samples. Rinse and repeat.

I would be amazed if any Chinese athletes weren’t part of a doping program.

I'm still mad about old mate Ousama mellouli beating Grant Hackett in the 1500m in 2008. Ludicrous performance for someone who's distance was usually 400

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Kyle Chalmers - Port Adelaide Ambassador

Remove this Banner Ad

Back