L.Franklin or T. Cloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant believe a thread about Travis Cloke has gone 37 pages....

Because he is plays in a black and white jumper.

Another post also mentions how Cloke can be a powerhouse forward and potentially kick 60-65 goals in a year. Well I think Roughy has kicked more goals in 07 than Cloke, is the same age but how many pages are written about him? Cloke and Roughy will be very good but take it easy Cloke has not done anymore than other young forwards, please watch other games.

However Buddy is kicking > 60 goals now at 20, this is rare! Where he finishes in the game compared to other greats will come down to two things, injuries and his mental state over the journey.

no, this thread has gone for 37 pages because hawthorn fans are too precious and naive to understand why someone would choose cloke over franklin in their team

no, this thread has gone for 37 pages because hawthorn fans are too precious and naive to understand why someone would choose cloke over franklin in their team

OK you win. My extreme passion for my club has clouded my decision making ability. I have been found out by all of the non-Hawthorn supporters who would also choose Cloke over Franklin.

Another post also mentions how Cloke can be a powerhouse forward and potentially kick 60-65 goals in a year. Well I think Roughy has kicked more goals in 07 than Cloke, is the same age but how many pages are written about him? Cloke and Roughy will be very good but take it easy Cloke has not done anymore than other young forwards, please watch other games.

However Buddy is kicking > 60 goals now at 20, this is rare! Where he finishes in the game compared to other greats will come down to two things, injuries and his mental state over the journey.

In fact that was me, and I'm heartened to know that you read my posts so clearly :)

The point I was making was that in comparison to Franklin, what Cloke may lack in goals he will somewhat make up for in assists and general involvement around the 50 metre arc and wing area. He averages more marks and kicks than Buddy, and this is evidence of their differing roles.

Neither Roughead nor Franklin can offer such coverage as both are predominantly forward 50 players (not that that makes them any lesser talents). In fact the point I was making what that Cloke offers an entirely array of assets to Franklin's (and Roughead for that matter) and the comparison is rather silly.

IMO both Cloke and Franklin are prize players in that there isn't any other similar types that either can be compared to and certainly not to each other. I hope this clears up your confusion.

There is a lot already written about Buddy but I would hate to imagine the hype if he played for Collingwood.[/quote]
{quote\}
imagine end of next season when franklins out of contract, who will be chasing him, the pies indeed.

Right now, I can't think of a single player in the entire league I would rather have on my list than Franklin. Maybe Jonathon Brown, but he has injury issues that have limited him. Franklin has 10 years of dominance ahead of him.

Cloke is decent, and showed a lot of improvement this year. Different class altogether though.

Point me to the other 20 year old key forwards with Best & Fairest Trophies in the bag for a top 4 side :thumbsu:

Right now, I can't think of a single player in the entire league I would rather have on my list than Franklin. Maybe Jonathon Brown, but he has injury issues that have limited him. Franklin has 10 years of dominance ahead of him.

Cloke is decent, and showed a lot of improvement this year. Different class altogether though.

Nail Hammer Head.

Thread closed.

:thumbsu: thats all that needs to be said. cloke's not even in the same league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK you win. My extreme passion for my club has clouded my decision making ability. I have been found out by all of the non-Hawthorn supporters who would also choose Cloke over Franklin.
Most non-Collingwood supporters would not choose a Collingwood player regardless.They r programed(brainwashed)to do so. R u conveniantly overlooking this fact?

CHF is a much much MUCH harder position to play then a FF.

Care to explain what is so hard about being your teams focal point across half forward... Lead up strongly towards your midfielders and then wheel around and kick it long to the top of the square...

Getting the oppositions best 1,2 or 3 defenders every week however... that would be tough for a 20 year old to deal with.

Care to explain what is so hard about being your teams focal point across half forward... Lead up strongly towards your midfielders and then wheel around and kick it long to the top of the square...

Getting the oppositions best 1,2 or 3 defenders every week however... that would be tough for a 20 year old to deal with.
LOl-every Champion that has played the game will tell u that CHF is the hardest position to play but hey,whatever supports your argument.

if u could choose one to be on ur team who would u choose?

personally i'd take franklin just cos hes way more exciting to watch

I would rather Franklin over Travis Cloke. Franklin used to be inconsistant, but broke out of that last season. I guess the majority of young players are inconsistant though and grow out of it.

For a player of Franklins size, he is an athletic freak.

CHF is a much much MUCH harder position to play then a FF.
Buddy could probably play CHF as well, as he could wing, eventually maybe ruck rover, or full forward, or as a crumber.

Cloke is a gun, and many clubs would love to have him.

Doesn't mean he has what Franklin has though. I can't see why that isn't obvious to Pies' fans.

Its hilarious hearing the Pies' reasoning when they are obviously being one-eyed themselves "everyone would always choose the non-collingwood player".

Its like an exclusion clause whenever they lose an argument.

Buddy could probably play CHF as well, as he could wing, eventually maybe ruck rover, or full forward, or as a crumber.

Cloke is a gun, and many clubs would love to have him.

Doesn't mean he has what Franklin has though. I can't see why that isn't obvious to Pies' fans.

Its hilarious hearing the Pies' reasoning when they are obviously being one-eyed themselves "everyone would always choose the non-collingwood player".

Its like an exclusion clause whenever they lose an argument.

Franklin doesn't have the work ethic or endurance to play a true CHF position imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back