News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a confession to make.

It's my fault that we have lost both Lachies.

My missus got pregnant and we were deciding on a boys name. I wanted Lachie. Then Lachie Weller wants to leave and gets traded.

Then she got pregnant again this year and it's a boy. So again I wanted Lachie. Now he wants to leave as well.

So we've decided to call him Nathan.....

What about Harley?

Gives them more flexibility to do the Neale deal & Adams.

Noble from the Lions was on Trade Lowdown last night seemed to hint that Fremantle & Brisbane were a lot further along the trade negotiations than we would like to believe. Adams and/or Neale could be happening soon.

Noble also said they still wanted to play this year's draft actively, so I'd be assuming they will be offering us pick 5 and next year's first or second.

Yep 24 now gone. This year and next years 1st rounder?

Did I read somewhere, maybe Lachie's manager, that Lachie was considering a couple of clubs? If it's about a payday, surely North would throw money at him?

Maybe Bell's direction might make him stay?

Yep 24 now gone. This year and next years 1st rounder?

Did I read somewhere, maybe Lachie's manager, that Lachie was considering a couple of clubs? If it's about a payday, surely North would throw money at him?

Maybe Bell's direction might make him stay?
Nah mate I’m gone. That was just Bell being a Bell end, there are no other clubs just the Lions for me.

Why hasn’t Brad Lloyd called about Neale?

Perfect player to help Cripps. Cheaper and better than Shiel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
different sort of player than Shiel.
would argue more consistently good, but doesn't have the stellar moments Shiel has.
Neale a better fit for the Blues than the Roos who are stocked with inside mids & need outside run, whereas the Blues need more quality mids full-stop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle’s stance on Lachie Neale could stop Jesse Hogan and Steven May deals getting done
MICHAEL WARNER and JON RALPH, Herald Sun
October 9, 2018 5:00pm
Subscriber only
FREMANTLE’S hardline stance on trading midfielder Lachie Neale is jamming potential deals involving Jesse Hogan and Steven May.

The Dockers are adamant Neale, 25, will not be traded to Brisbane unless the Lions improve their offer of pick No.5 for the two-time best-and-fairest winner.

They want another mid-teens pick for the gun ball-winner which could unlock the trade week shackles.

PICK SWAP: SWANS MAY HELP SEND KELLY HOME

TRACKER: EVERY COMPLETED TRADE PERIOD DEAL

TRADE: SUNS SNARE MATURE DUO, MAY IN LIMBO

Selection No.5 is the carrot that will then help convince Melbourne to send Hogan to the Dockers, which could then be sent to the Gold Coast in exchange for May.

But Hogan’s shift to Perth is complicated by Rory Lobb’s desire to be traded to Fremantle.

Lobb’s passage home to Perth would involve the mid-teens pick the Dockers want from the Lions as part of the Neale deal.

I love that until yesterday Brisbane fans were carrying on about "5 and 24 will get it done, easy" and now that they have traded it "Fremantle are the Devil! They are holding up all the trades!"

Calm down flogs.

Trade week has a long way to go, Fremantle isn't beholden to what you want to get done. There is zero motivation for them to get this done early, if at all.

Just heard news that Freo won’t trade Neale unless this thread gets to 200 pages
It's getting pretty close!

I saw in one media report that lachie won't play for freo next year at all. He doesn't seem the type to sit out for the year if the deal doesn't get done. And the current reported offer of just pick 5 just puts us back in our rebuild. There needs to be 2 picks coming to Freo for us to even break even on the deal.

I love that until yesterday Brisbane fans were carrying on about "5 and 24 will get it done, easy" and now that they have traded it "Fremantle are the Devil! They are holding up all the trades!"

Calm down flogs.

Trade week has a long way to go, Fremantle isn't beholden to what you want to get done. There is zero motivation for them to get this done early, if at all.

Yeah feck 'em. We can play as hard ball as we want. They will have to pay to get our reigning B & F winner, who has won it two times in the past three years, and Lloyd saying he's a better player than Shiel. Bend over Brizzy, and take it like a hostage!

If we settle for pic 5 it would be an absolute disaster for the club and we'd without a doubt go backwards. Not at all what a club in a rebuild need losing a quality midfielder for well unders.

Don't think Peter Bell would be looking at that as a feather in his cap.

I still think the best result is we hold Neale for 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back