News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
mid teens is a bit overs for Lobb if we are going to also pick up his 700k pay package (which is why GWS want to offload him)
Agreed. 24 from Brisbane should have been perfect but the word is it will have to be in the teens and they traded that out pick 24 anyway.

We may have a back-up with GWS settled and both clubs are just waiting to see where the chips land.

I think if push comes to shove and all other deals fall through, a future 2nd with a spare ruckman gets it done

I guess the reports saying he is frustrated with Freo? why blame us when their offer is so ridiculous?

"Star midfielder Lachie Neale has become “extremely frustrated” with Fremantle as the reason behind the Dockers and Brisbane’s trade impasse is revealed."

Probably because he thought it was close to getting done and then Brisbane go and dispose of their 2nd rounder. It's not Freo's fault they won't sell him cheap. However if Freo's last contract offer was not of a value close to what a 2 x first round pick player would expect then I can see his issue. If the quote is attributed correctly. Big if.

I wonder, how much running commentary on how the trades are going, do the players agent's (and therefore the players themselves get) during the negotiations?

Would it be an end of day update or just as it happens?

Probably because he thought it was close to getting done and then Brisbane go and dispose of their 2nd rounder. It's not Freo's fault they won't sell him cheap. However if Freo's last contract offer was not of a value close to what a 2 x first round pick player would expect then I can see his issue. If the quote is attributed correctly. Big if.

Apparently we tried the 5 + 24 but Freo didn’t want it. Your club is adamant that we needed a pick in the teens instead of 24, so we exchanged picks so we might be able to trade with Port one of our picks in the 30s plus Mayes in order to get a teen pick.

It's annoying seeing all these other teams having their trades going ahead while Brisbane are being ridiculous and stalling ours. I have accepted Lachie will be going, and have been saving all of my loose change to send him. Brisbane were ridiculous doing a deal that gave them even worse picks. You don't take a team's B&F for next to nothing! we are giving them an incredibly experienced player for what?!?

When your club won’t do a trade without a teen pick involved, that holds up trades. Brisbane is now trying to get a teen pick with Port in a possible Mayes trade. The only way we could get a teen pick and get the players we want from the draft we want was to trade picks with the Suns so we have more picks. Brisbane also gained 400 or so points in that pick trade, so it was worth it for Brisbane, Gold Coast and Freo.

Apparently we tried the 5 + 24 but Freo didn’t want it. Your club is adamant that we needed a pick in the teens instead of 24, so we exchanged picks so we might be able to trade with Port one of our picks in the 30s plus Mayes in order to get a teen pick.

When your club won’t do a trade without a teen pick involved, that holds up trades. Brisbane is now trying to get a teen pick with Port in a possible Mayes trade. The only way we could get a teen pick and get the players we want from the draft we want was to trade picks with the Suns so we have more picks. Brisbane also gained 400 or so points in that pick trade, so it was worth it for Brisbane, Gold Coast and Freo.
So you're saying we're asking for 5 and Pick 11?

I'd be happy with that outcome.

The compensation pick we'd get for Neale next year will likely be around pick 6. We may as well push for a good trade, because we wouldn't be losing much by holding onto him.

We need to think of the Neale deal as extra on top of the Lobb +/- Hogan deals.
As long as we are happy to risk writing off this draft, it makes most sense to leave the Neale deal til the eleventh hour and turn pick 6 into something that will satisfy GWS and part satisfy Melbourne.
If Neale deal then comes off we then get back into this draft, if it doesn't we have Neale. It's to our benefit to wait as long as we are not keen to get early into this draft.

So you're saying we're asking for 5 and Pick 11?

I'd be happy with that outcome.

The compensation pick we'd get for Neale next year will likely be around pick 6. We may as well push for a good trade, because we wouldn't be losing much by holding onto him.

I think it’s a fair trade only because of Mayes’ family situation. If Mayes can spend time with his family and deal with the issues his family is apparently having, then it might as well happen. Great clubsman for sticking with Brisbane through the tough times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ian Hill can't be bought with points, and our NGA boys weren't amongst the 80 players invited to the AFL draft combine (i.e they aren't rated).

We really don't need points
Exactly. It is possible that Medhat and/or Carter could get a late 2nd or early 3rd round bid but most likely they will be after 50 and essentially free.

Someone posted a table slowing neale had the most possessions in the afl over the past 5 years. Can anyone please tell where it was posted. Thanks

Maybe Bris traded out that second rounder because we're insisting on a player and 5. Obviously the Bris fans visiting this board are saying no to Starcevich, but what we find acceptable? Does 5 and Rich do it? (That's a big NO from me, BTW.)

Maybe Bris traded out that second rounder because we're insisting on a player and 5. Obviously the Bris fans visiting this board are saying no to Starcevich, but what we find acceptable? Does 5 and Rich do it? (That's a big NO from me, BTW.)
Only if another club wants the player and offers a pick in the range we want. We want a pick that gets us Lobb 15-20 range

Brisbane values it's current player list too much. Lot's of young talent that needs to mature, not too many old blokes, but those old blokes that are there are too valuable to lose because of how young the list is. The only player who is going out that's confirmed is Mayes. Don't believe anyone else wanted out except maybe Keays, but he wanted to go to the Suns apparently. Everyone else is untouchable at the moment except Frost, but you won't want him.

Also, already stated this, Freo wants pick 5 to entice Melbourne and a pick in the teens to get Lobb. A rumor that went around, which was debunked, said Freo asked for Hipwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back