News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers for the chats gents, you're a good bunch compared to Collingwood flogs/Victorian clubs in general.

Hope you are able to land Hogan, and all the best in 2019!

To quote Mal Brown, go f*ck yourself and get the hell off our property. Plenty of Bris fans were very reasonable, you weren't in any way, shape or form, so kindly spare us the after-the-fact pleasantries.

I think that is fair, pretty stoked we got a pick 30 back TBH. Just happy Conners and the Pies where unpicked from the deal, they were trying to leverage us with needing their pick for Neale and needing neale to replace Beams - happy we all get what we want without Collingwood trying to strong arm us.

As much as I thought it was crazy Belly at the time (although we all knew he was bluffing) I think Bell and Noble have come out of this (so far) having played a strong ans sensible hand. Looks like we will get Pies 2 first rounders now, might even get to use a top 20 pick this year, which was unthinkable early on.

It's no pick 2 for Lachie Weller but a pretty good deal for us I think.

I'm honestly really quite surprised Lachie is still fine going to Brisbane with Beams leaving. Beams -> Neale is a slight downgrade this year and probably next. After that they'll get a few more good years out of Lachie though.

We got more for Lachie than we paid fro hogan so that's great but still terrible to lose someone like Lachie. Gonna vomit every time I see him play. At least Commetti has retired. He used to love saying, "former Docker" for every player we traded away.

Interesting that Noble managed to whack Ross in his press conference:

"He has studied the club and likes Chris Fagan's style of coaching."

Noble was saying that Lachie was very attracted to going to Brisbane because he likes the way they are coached and the team they have assembled and sees them going forward and he wants to be apart of it.. That tells you he was very disillusioned with our club

whatever. He is dead to me now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Using the AFL draft value index, we have effectively gained 2277 points for Neale.

#3 is valued at 2234 points.

Noble was saying that Lachie was very attracted to going to Brisbane because he likes the way they are coached and the team they have assembled and sees them going forward and he wants to be apart of it.. That tells you he was very disillusioned with our club
Do you think he would say lachie wanted to come to our club cos we're giving him an extra million dollars?

Always thought Lachie would be with us for his whole career. Disappointing to see players leaving or not coming due to the coaching setup. Same problem at Port where ,according to their fans, they have been playing "Ross Lyon" football for some time. Players want to play football no tackleball/defendball. Yeh yeh Hogan and Lobb are coming which is good. But do they know they will be stationed on the half back flank.

Sad to see him go and wish him well for the future. Brisbane fans will love him no doubt as much as we have up until now!

Thanks for the memories Lachie!

Thanks for your service Lachie, and for bringing us the promised one (Hogan). Hope you enjoy your money, now go forth and procreate so that we have multiple father/daughter selections in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back