News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farewell Lachie.

I wouldn’t buy too much into the coaching stuff - that kind of talk is par for the course when these deals happen.

It’s part-money, part-new environment and also getting away from a few things that had been chasing him around here. His partner and he want a new life in a quiet, non-Footy part of the country.

All the best to him with Brisbane.

I'm sad we've lost those great q&as with Neale's manager! Also sad in general. One of my favourites.

Stuff him

Seriously though I wish Lachie all the best and will be calling out anyone in block 142 who wants to boo him.

I also dont buy this coaching crap Noble is going on with, Lachie was very thankful towards Ross during his B&F speech.

It seems Lachie's disappointment was more with some of our less professional players and the club's attitude to them.
Personally I feel our famous #7 may have had a fair bit to do with Lachie looking elsewhere, can only ever be 1 alpha.

I’m shocked he left. I rated him. I won’t miss his broken tackles, but he had surgery nearly every off season, which probably contributed to them. I wouldn’t be surprised if his strength improves a lot this offseason and he becomes tougher to tackle and gets better at tackling. Though without Beams he’s gonna be fighting upstream on his own.

Lachie who?

A mid 50 pick, a great investment, far from an Angel and we almost lost him a few years ago... already moved on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am keen to watch him play at Brisbane.
Just to see if he can get the ball into space more effectively and seeing how well he plays outside of RTB congested style
of football.
Seeing how well Depig went I am expecting him to really shine and get a new lease of life for the game.
Wish him all the best.
Now he can walk down the street and only have to put up with people staring at his missus.

Sad to see him go, we'll be a worse side without him no doubt about that. And he was obviously well liked around the group. Hopefully there's no disillusionment from the players about the clubs direction but you have to wonder.

Good thing is we made it work to our advantage with some smart trades but it's a big hole in the midfield someone will need to step up and fill. I'm hoping it is Blakely.

Goodbye and thank you, lachie. I’m disappointed that you couldn’t stick it out, but wish you well. You’ve landed somewhere where you will clearly have an opportunity to be top banana, something you’ll never be while Fyfe is playing.

I will, however, be happier if we shot up the ladder and looked down at you from above, because that will mean you’ve clearly gone the wrong direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodbye and thank you, lachie. I’m disappointed that you couldn’t stick it out, but wish you well. You’ve landed somewhere where you will clearly have an opportunity to be top banana, something you’ll never be while Fyfe is playing.

I will, however, be happier if we shot up the ladder and looked down at you from above, because that will mean you’ve clearly gone the wrong direction.
Where he is going there is only One Direction.

We got more for Lachie than we paid fro hogan so that's great but still terrible to lose someone like Lachie. Gonna vomit every time I see him play. At least Commetti has retired. He used to love saying, "former Docker" for every player we traded away.

Interesting that Noble managed to whack Ross in his press conference:

"He has studied the club and likes Chris Fagan's style of coaching."

That’s very damning but nothing we didn’t already know re our style. Hopefully our coaching staff got and continue to get the message loud and clear, and make some positive changes in the way we play. I’m sure Belly will be on to it.

So much spin.

Good trade week by the club. A very good (but replaceable) midfielder has left the club, and two marking forward targets have arrived.

Our list is now in need of fitness and minor tweaks.

Farewell Lachie and best of luck. I think it’s best for all.

This will probably get shouted down but I think he’s been starting to hold back our midfield development the way priddis held back the eagles midfield for years. If he’s always in there then others don’t get a chance and you get very predictable.

This stops us falling into that over reliance trap that the eagles fell into and instead should allow more creativity in our play.

Farewell Lachie and best of luck. I think it’s best for all.

This will probably get shouted down but I think he’s been starting to hold back our midfield development the way priddis held back the eagles midfield for years. If he’s always in there then others don’t get a chance and you get very predictable.

This stops us falling into that over reliance trap that the eagles fell into and instead should allow more creativity in our play.

Agree, Lachie wasnt going to win us a premiership, Hoagan and Lobb just might.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back