News Lachie Neale to Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lachie saw the writing on the wall with Blakely, Cerra and Brayshaw coming through to over take him in the midfield rotation. He was destined for HFF or interchange at best.

That’s my story anyway and I’m sticking to it
There's a point to this though - in a good team Neale is the third to fourth best midfielder. If Mundy was 5 years younger, our best three midfielders in order would be Fyfe, Mundy, Neale. When we had that midfield, it wasn't really clear if our midfield was the best in the comp, an extra A-grader would have settled it. Fyfe's injuries and Mundy's age has elevated Neale's status at the club to beyond his actual ability.

IMO we cashed him out at his maximum possible value.

Big pre season for Blakely and Tucker coming up.
Could be for Tucker,he has yet to nail a spot.A hard tryer but has promise.Needs to become more aggressive.
Blakely had a season interupted by injury.Fully fit he is a gune.He is best 22 in my book.
See the real smokey for us as Griffen Logue.He will be a gun given an injury free run.He will come back this year a monster.

There's a point to this though - in a good team Neale is the third to fourth best midfielder. If Mundy was 5 years younger, our best three midfielders in order would be Fyfe, Mundy, Neale. When we had that midfield, it wasn't really clear if our midfield was the best in the comp, an extra A-grader would have settled it. Fyfe's injuries and Mundy's age has elevated Neale's status at the club to beyond his actual ability.

IMO we cashed him out at his maximum possible value.

Yeah it was tongue in cheek with an element of truth. I think we’ll cover Lachie with more midfield minutes from Mundy and Blakely.

I’m keen to see the impact of adding Hogan and Lobb to Cox, Taberner and Darcy as big contested marking options will have on our ball movement and midfield overall.

We’ll now have release kick options coming out of defense and a few to fly at the ball when it’s just pumped into the forward line.

Hopefully it allow Fyfe to be more effective when he beasts his was out of a pack and pumps it long

I can see it improving the speed of our ball movement overall as players are more decisive with the next kick option.

Could be for Tucker,he has yet to nail a spot.A hard tryer but has promise.Needs to become more aggressive.
Blakely had a season interupted by injury.Fully fit he is a gune.He is best 22 in my book.
See the real smokey for us as Griffen Logue.He will be a gun given an injury free run.He will come back this year a monster.
The ball is in Tucker court.

Neale gone and our midfield is a bit thin.

Wah , there has never been a better Freo player from a punting perspective B+F's , derby medals and most possession group bets he was always overs for some reason

Will leave a big hole in my 365 account

Get on him for the M1 medal or whatever it's called Lions fans

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I won't be booing him next year. Gave his all for the club and stood up when others didn't.

Now it's Tucker Time. Not really, I just wanted to say that. Once Blakely is in there dishing it out to the Hill's we'll be saying Lachie who?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lachie saw the writing on the wall with Blakely, Cerra and Brayshaw coming through to over take him in the midfield rotation. He was destined for HFF or interchange at best.

That’s my story anyway and I’m sticking to it

He probably would of moved to HFF anyways during the course of the next two seasons. He was impactful there with his set shot and contested work.

Ashcroft was a jet. Could run all day. Pivotal player in our premierships and obviously under rated. Would have him in the top 5 out of our 3 pear team. Lio

Nah I was over your way around that time , honest toiler and very consistent but come on Voss Black Acer Brown Michael Leppa Lappin Johnson Hart just of the top of my head

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can anyone get past the paywall?
CLEARANCE monster Lachie Neale says Brisbane’s ability to score in the defence orientated AFL was one of the major attractions that led to his move to the Lions.

Neale said he began to watch the Lions closely after his manager told him they had made casual enquiries about his plans once he came out of contract in 2020.

The closer he watched the more he liked what he saw and the idea grew that he would be open to an early move if the planets aligned.

Although it took to the final day of the trade period, Brisbane and Fremantle finally reached an agreement to send the dual best and fairest winner to the Gabba on a five-year deal worth about $4 million.

“Watching from afar I was pretty impressed about the way they had gone about it, they play a really exciting brand of footy’’ Neale said.

“The players seem like they are on the same page, playing for each other and the spirit on the field is very impressive.

“I had a look at the list and they have a lot of kids coming through in the 19-22 bracket, guys like (Jarrod) Berry, (Cam) Rayner is obviously exciting, they have a big group of young players who are going to be great players.

“Their defensive game style improved a lot this year and that will only get better.

“And it is hard to score in the AFL and Brisbane are one side that can score, that was exciting for me too.’’

When news broke mid-season that Brisbane were interested and the deal may happen this year, other clubs made similar enquiries.

But Neale said once he’d met the Lions he considered no one else.

“I met the staff and they were all really great people and supportive of myself and my partner, Jules, the people involved in the organisation got me across the line,’’ Neale said.

“Once I met Brisbane I thought I didn’t really need to meet anyone else.’’

The question that has Dockers fans puzzled is what went wrong at Fremantle.

“I am not going to delve too much into the reasons behind it, I just want to say I am a really good fit at Brisbane and I am excited about joining them,’’ he said.

“I have no bad words about Fremantle, I couldn’t speak highly enough of them, they gave me the chance to live out my dream and I hope they do well.’’

However he is a laid kid from Bordertown on the South Australia-Victoria border and admits he was attracted to life in Queensland outside the footy bubble.

“That is really a feeling for me as well, it is pretty footy crazy over here and I have had my fair share of media attention lately,’’ he said.

“It is important to me that once training and games are over you can be Lachie Neale the person instead of the footballer.’’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back