Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s not just out of form. He cannot play. He has no attributes other than in tight tackling. He doesn’t chase down, he doesn’t win ground balls, he isn’t a great kick, he cannot snap with any penetration, he is slow and has no athleticism in the air. What are his attributes?? The answer is NONE!! He is a dud!!! Move on and anyone who’s hanging on, needs to face reality!!
He can play. Not his fault the club bent over on the trade deal. Our 2023 first pick should have sufficed, but our negotiators are not particularly strong. His pace is fine. Not super fast & not treacle slow.Tackling & pressure is excellent & that will show itself more if & when we get all our cattle back next year. He isn’t a star & never has been. This is why the trade we negotiated was bewildering. He is a decent addition to our smalls while the likes of Elliott may not hang around much longer.

He can play. Not his fault the club bent over on the trade deal. Our 2023 first pick should have sufficed, but our negotiators are not particularly strong. His pace is fine. Not super fast & not treacle slow.Tackling & pressure is excellent & that will show itself more if & when we get all our cattle back next year. He isn’t a star & never has been. This is why the trade we negotiated was bewildering. He is a decent addition to our smalls while the likes of Elliott may not hang around much longer.
You don’t give up first round picks for battlers and role players

You don’t give up first round picks for battlers and role players
The 2023 pick would have been pick 20 odd. That should have been the deal or walk away. But we folded like a pack of cards. He is more than a battler & role player.

I think we've learnt our lesson as a club on trading away first round picks, being on the extreme wrong end twice. I doubt we'll ever do it again.

As has been mentioned though, we need to separate criticism of Schultz from criticism of the trade price (for which Schultz had nothing to do with).

As a contributor, I think he is mid to low end inside the best 22, and just lacks polish you want from forwardline players. Key issues are mostly around finishing around goals and ability to hit targets by foot to set up other players - both of those weakness showed last night when just being average would have seen us win.

Feel sorry for him. Ripper bloke who tries his hardest. Instead of criticism of Schultz this thread needs ti be renamed to our incompetent footy department for the high price paid to someone we would have got for free at end of this year.

The 2023 pick would have been pick 20 odd. That should have been the deal or walk away. But we folded like a pack of cards. He is more than a battler & role player.
He's shown nothing more than being a battler/role player. He's a b-grader who can sometimes do a grade effort.

Its a pity that he must be in agreeance with you when he shanked that 30m set shot that would have been the winning goal tonight!
Talent and skill are just so overrated aren't they ......

It was a big miss.

Schultz was the reason we didn't get the come-from-behind win.

He isn't the reason we let a compelling lead slip.

Must cast a wider net to catch that but it won't matter what I say.

The tribe is angry and it wants someone to blame.

It was a big miss.

Schultz was the reason we didn't get the come-from-behind win.

He isn't the reason we let a compelling lead slip.

Must cast a wider net to catch that but it won't matter what I say.

The tribe is angry and it wants someone to blame.

He's not THE reason but his miss certainly added to it.

The tactics change to save the lead and then the midfield going MIA are the main reasons.

It's Freo it's not like they have a team of winners. He is a b-grader tho I feel it's only going to get tougher for him tho as 3 quarters of our supporter base hate him and 3 quarters of the AFL community laugh at him every week.
The B grader you talk about has had a better year than Bobby Hill so all this criticism is over the top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some harsh stuff in here. I think its important to separate the trade from what he has contributed on the field.
He has been a disappointment, would be less so if he had kicked a handful of goals from very gettable positions in a number of games. Our experienced players last night were horrible in front of goal also last night. We can rightfully expect a better season from Lachie in 2025.

As for the trade part of the equation, just a diabolical trade, but not of the players making.

Stop defending him. He’s a dud. Pure and simple. Giving us nothing at all. Actually, he’s a liability out there and makes us worse. Thanks WRIGHTY!! Overrated, horrible list manager. So glad he’s gone!!! Never to return!
I’ll be honest, I’ve never understood what the point of trolling is.
I’m truly curious if you wouldn’t mind answering?

• do you get a rush for seeing someone respond?
  • is it about making others angry (or whatever emotion?)
  • is it about discussing w your friends later?
(Should have read this one guy’s response to my post…)

I don’t get the fascination w it.

Mind you, I also struggle w people who respond to oppo or troll posters thinking they’re going to achieve something.
I guess put me in that basket now.

* im still curious to know what you get out of it.

Some harsh stuff in here. I think its important to separate the trade from what he has contributed on the field.
He has been a disappointment, would be less so if he had kicked a handful of goals from very gettable positions in a number of games. Our experienced players last night were horrible in front of goal also last night. We can rightfully expect a better season from Lachie in 2025.

As for the trade part of the equation, just a diabolical trade, but not of the players making.

Agree with all that.

Think Schultz will be a solid role player for us over the coming seasons.

The bitterness is purely trade price related. Just a horrendous deal in a long list of poor outcomes made at that trade table (in terms of cost/benefit).

Mind you, I also struggle w people who respond to oppo or troll posters thinking they’re going to achieve something.

I’m not an oppo troll. I am a concerned Collingwood member. How this deal was done with no governance was an absolute disgrace!! No due diligence, no professionalism and clearly no research on Schultz as a player! Horrible trade, horrible player, horrible, overrated footy manager.

Some people just can't regulate their emotions and need to lash out at whatever target they can find. Often as simple as that.

And I mean in general, not just this thread.

The Schultz trade pissed me off no end. we rushed it

Some people just can't regulate their emotions and need to lash out at whatever target they can find. Often as simple as that.
And some people are just born arse lickers and no matter what the club does, they cannot see their wrongdoings. Hence why we never attract big names and we always sell low and buy high. There are no consequences for poor decisions and that is why they continue to make them. No accountability and blind faith is the reason why these mistakes continue to happen with our club.

Speaking of duds I did hear Fly say during his presser that appointing blame is loser behaviour so scrolling through this thread more than a few have announced themselves.

Are you blaming them for thier emotiveness or them pointing out some uncomfortable facts?

Don't be a loser now Carl. Tch tch.

I reckon he meant blaming the umpires or the weather not performances.

And some people are just born arse lickers and no matter what the club does, they cannot see their wrongdoings. Hence why we never attract big names and we always sell low and buy high. There are no consequences for poor decisions and that is why they continue to make them. No accountability and blind faith is the reason why these mistakes continue to happen with our club.

I agree about the buy high and sell low. But we have to acknowledge we won the flag last year, so they have got many things right enough for us to do that. Not every trade works out as well as, say, Bobby Hill winning the Norm. PS, he has not threatened those heights this season and we should not re-sign him on top dollars yet

This bloke played significant minutes in midfield for Freo. Yet her he's played nothing more than a forward pocket role.
Why did we bother getting him if that's the role he was gonna play
Exactly, I hate the role player mantra, put people in their best position and let them shine.
It’s that simple, if they can play a couple of positions really effectively then all good but if not that’s ok too as long as what they do is above standard.
As a side note though Shultz should be higher up the ground, drifting in side 50.
On the whole though he’s been a major bust.

I’m still jury is out on Shoota. Hasn’t given us what we expected this year from the trade but most of our players haven’t either.

Would more have a better view at it after we get a full squad back and see how, where and if he fits in.

Would be interested if Shoota (going on potential upside) draws parallels to when Mayne arrived vs when he finished up with us.

The B grader you talk about has had a better year than Bobby Hill so all this criticism is over the top.
How? In goals kicked? How are you measuring this?
Because although his season wasn’t as good as last year , as far as creativity, clutch moments and influence on the game, Bobby had twice as good a year as Shultz, you can’t even compare the two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back