Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

No, I seriously doubt it. He can’t even play his primary position as a small forward effectively. The midfield is well and truly beyond him.
There was a time when the club considered Elliot for the occasional rotation through the midfield, however that didn’t happen, despite him being an infinitely better small forward than Schultz.
Elliott spending time in the midfield actually did happen occasionally.

No, I seriously doubt it. He can’t even play his primary position as a small forward effectively. The midfield is well and truly beyond him.
There was a time when the club considered Elliot for the occasional rotation through the midfield, however that didn’t happen, despite him being an infinitely better small forward than Schultz.
There are some ridiculous posts regarding Schultz. Saying he can't even play his primary position as a small forward effectively is one of them. He has already proven that to be false. Why do you think we pursued him?

His year has been average. You'd think he didn't touch the ball all year the way some are carrying on.

There are some ridiculous posts regarding Schultz. Saying he can't even play his primary position as a small forward effectively is one of them. He has already proven that to be false. Why do you think we pursued him?

His year has been average. You'd think he didn't touch the ball all year the way some are carrying on.
Above average brah.

I had a very weird sense of dejavu reading this thread after the Sydney match, including my own posts so I decided to go back to the beginning and have a look.

Views on Lachie and the trade cost were entrenched from the moment the deal was announced it seems and nothing has really changed 78 pages later. This is fair enough as everyone has their opinion.

Given we can’t go back in time (we’d have few more premierships if that was possible lol) how do we move on?
I thought of a Trade and Draft Hits and Misses thread to somehow disentangle the player from the mechanism that enabled them to get to the club. May also put them into perspective when comparing the deals over time.
Probably wouldn’t resolve much though.

I’m a simpleton and tend to just back the player in as there’s zero I can do about how much we invested.
However I understand others have a great interest in trades and drafting.
I guess the best I can hope for is that I’m not having dejavu after page 120.
✌️

I’ve seen enough to make judgment.
And the judgment is that Shula trade reminds me of the Woewodin trade of many years ago.
We were conned by one good season. An outlier.
Yet you’ve made up your mind on him for one poorer season. Do you not see the irony?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet you’ve made up your mind on him for one poorer season. Do you not see the irony?
As I said, seen it all before with Woewodin.
One breakout year, pay over the odds, never achieves those heights again.
And in Schulz’s case, his good year wasn’t all that great compared to Woewodin’s.

As I said, seen it all before with Woewodin.
One breakout year, pay over the odds, never achieves those heights again.
And in Schulz’s case, his good year wasn’t all that great compared to Woewodin’s.

Woey did come second in our best and fairest in 2004

Schultz has no ceiling… what we saw is what we will see the next few years… he is the worst decision maker in our side!! It’s no surprise that he is good at tackling because it doesn’t take a high IQ for that part of the game. Just like a dog chasing a ball.. Cut our losses and trade him out and move on from this calamitous situation

I’ve seen enough to make judgment.
And the judgment is that Shula trade reminds me of the Woewodin trade of many years ago.
We were conned by one good season. An outlier.
Yep... Based your analogy we should sack everyone bar Naicos and Cameron because they were significantly down on their performance last year

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Schultz has no ceiling… what we saw is what we will see the next few years… he is the worst decision maker in our side!! It’s no surprise that he is good at tackling because it doesn’t take a high IQ for that part of the game. Just like a dog chasing a ball.. Cut our losses and trade him out and move on from this calamitous situation
What's clear is this thread has become a magnet for certain types of posters. As Fly said in his post game presser, blaming is loser behaviour, about 3.40 in. Shooter has a quiet one and they're all over it like Seagulls on a loose chip.

What's clear is this thread has become a magnet for certain types of posters. As Fly said in his post game presser, blaming is loser behaviour, about 3.40 in. Shooter has a quiet one and they're all over it like Seagulls on a loose chip.
There’s half a dozen only very active after we lose. Says enough

There are worse decision makers - Noble and Markov to name two.

22 goals
19 behinds

Should be on 30 goals for the season… misses some easy ones for a small forward

69 tackles

Equal 4th in the comp for tackles inside 50

Not sure why people expect so much more from him

3.40 in to Fly's presser, "blames a real losing behavior" so everyone trying to pin the wrap on Shooter, you are what you are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back