Ladies Lounge - For women only.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i straighten mine alot but its still healthy
and im happy with my natural light brown hair :) no need to dye it yet
i have wavey hair and the sea salt spray is awesome for it

Only if I could be taken off global ignore..... I know that those ghost pages suck.
Whilst I continue to post on here even though I am on global ignore, I should be allowed out more than once a month.
Don't be sad Fred. Cheer up mate.

I keep my hair straight most of the time. I've had curly hair all my life and last year I decided that's enough, I want a change. I used to wash my hair every day so I'd straighten it every day, but I've discovered that it's possible to wash your hair less and make it adjust to this, so I straighten it a few times a week.

My hair is still as soft as it's always been and haven't had a split end for 8 years, so hey :p

If you like your curl, you should alternate between straight and curly. My hair has gone from curly to wavy. I want my curls back now!

Power King: Outside and tucked out. The green one reminds me of my high school jumper... Lol.

I'm like that too! Oh, the many shopping trips I've given up for the sake of football... People are always surprised that I'm into footy, not just because I'm female but also because I'm Asian (and have only been in the country for five years). One of my Aussie friends tells me that I'm the most Australian person I've ever met lol.

Yeah, there was a point of time when some idiot was stalking my posts on the Geelong board and personally abusing at every opportunity. Wish I could say he got banned, but he didn't even get carded.

Yep I remeber that!!!

Hair.... Mine is naturally a dark/strawberry blonde (so I've been told) & I've never died it & kinda long (but it's been longer). I can't imagine myself with brown hair or anything.... & I'm not about to try :eek::p
It's kinda wavey.... sometimes it looks good like that, other times it looks like crap so I straighten it (or just when I want it to look nice :p). But I always straighten my fringe, otherwise it looks terrible & has a bad kink in it lol.

My hair used to be yuk (well, looking bak at old pics), but then I got the best hair cut once, now I love it (most days, anyway lol).

But extentions.... ewww.... I see chicks at school with them. Why the hell hasn't someone told them how bad they look!?!?! :thumbsdown:
& it looks awful when it's just stuck under their real hair, very fake. Plus they finish one term with really short hair, then come back the next term with super long hair..... :cool::thumbsdown::D

If you like your curl, you should alternate between straight and curly. My hair has gone from curly to wavy. I want my curls back now!

I'm happy to leave it curly to go to work if I can't be bothered straightening it. But I normally don't wear it curly to go out, I just prefer it straight at the moment.

I can't see why I would lose my curls...

ive had a girl once who wore extensions and honestly sometimes i couldnt tell. i would completely forget that it wasnt her natural hair lol. but anytime i touched it she would scream so... yeh haha
If its done professionally its good, but I hate the chicks that come to school (school of all places ffs.) in full makeup, hair in ratty extensions, skirts as short as they can get them..

And these are Year 9 girls..

I'm happy to leave it curly to go to work if I can't be bothered straightening it. But I normally don't wear it curly to go out, I just prefer it straight at the moment.

I can't see why I would lose my curls...
Prolonged straightening loosens the curl. I used to have full curls, but they're just waves now. Got rid of the frizz permanently though :D

Lol, that is hilarious.

Hi invisible Suzi!

Ghost pages suck.
Just one thing on the ghost pages. I have only posted a few times on here and it seems that for every post that I have posted there is an extra ghost page. That's stupid.
Maybe Fred, can you do me a little favour and make it this week that I come off global ignore?

It's not really possible to get rid of curl like that. I think your main problem is that you've dried it out. If you stop straightening, and nourish it, it'll come back.
Been doing it for a year, no straightening and nothing. My hair 'cycle' may also have a part in it (my hair goes from straight to curly every 5 or 6 years. weird, i know).. the straightening must have just sped it up even more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so so sad that you think that way. why is that.
It was a joke. Whoops, should've made myself clearer.

I had a best friend who used to laugh at drunken idiots with me... Then she totally changed herself for her boyfriend and binge drinks a LOT. At her 18th, she was smashed by 10pm. Great party that was.

ahh that would be very very annoying! i dont trust those places

and what looks even worse is when girls have dyed and straightened there hair soo much it doesnt grow!!
and i cant handle cheep extensions looks really ****y. some girls at my school use each others extensions after ones done with them!! gross as
Whoah, I didn't know that dying and straightening too much would stop your hair from growing... Lucky I don't do either very often.

I'm so glad that the whole boho/hippie/beachy look is back in, I can get away with having bed hair at uni. :D My hair's dark and is more straight than wavy, so it doesn't look too messy in the mornings - all I need is a quick brush and I'm ready to go! Don't bother with make up either, I'd rather have ten more minutes of sleep lol.

It was a joke. Whoops, should've made myself clearer.

I had a best friend who used to laugh at drunken idiots with me... Then she totally changed herself for her boyfriend and binge drinks a LOT. At her 18th, she was smashed by 10pm. Great party that was.

Whoah, I didn't know that dying and straightening too much would stop your hair from growing... Lucky I don't do either very often.

I'm so glad that the whole boho/hippie/beachy look is back in, I can get away with having bed hair at uni. :D My hair's dark and is more straight than wavy, so it doesn't look too messy in the mornings - all I need is a quick brush and I'm ready to go! Don't bother with make up either, I'd rather have ten more minutes of sleep lol.
Same here. Except my reason for not wearing make up is because I get excema on my face whenever I put creams and stuff on my face.

would just like to thank the women here for explaining to me what pasty meant, giving their opinions on the collar matter, and also on the body hair matter.

fred has pretty much told me to **** off from asking the women any more questions, so this is my sign off.

cheers

Speaking of hair, I have longish curly hair that I have straightened for more years than I am willing to admit to. I hadn't blowdried it the day before and my 5 year old son came up and pointed and said "Mummy!! Your hair has gone all wonky!!" He was a bit confused and a little worried about my wonky hair! PMSL!

I hope you're not one of those girls who rocks up to uni in trackpants, tight top, and messy hair that looks like they've just climbed out of bed, but they've clearly spent three hours making it look that way :p

I hope you're not one of those girls who rocks up to uni in trackpants, tight top, and messy hair that looks like they've just climbed out of bed, but they've clearly spent three hours making it look that way :p
Oh hell no! I'm too much of a toff to rock up in trackies... Well, that and the fact that trackpants just don't flatter me. I'm usually just in jeans and a t-shirt or hoodie, and the occasional dress in summer.

See, you'd hope this statement would be sufficient. But it's the rich daddy's girls who wear the track pants to uni these days.
That's true. Who in their right mind would pay over $30 for track pants?! It's insane.

Although there aren't many rich daddy's girls at Deakin, they're all at the posher unis in Melbourne. :p So most of the trackies-wearing girls at uni are bogans who think they're oh-so-cool in their bright yellow pants.

Oh hell no! I'm too much of a toff to rock up in trackies... Well, that and the fact that trackpants just don't flatter me. I'm usually just in jeans and a t-shirt or hoodie, and the occasional dress in summer.

I never wear track suit pants out of the house.

Yeeeah just thought I would say that. Yeah i dont think they suit me either! Love my jeans. :thumbsu:

Prolonged straightening loosens the curl. I used to have full curls, but they're just waves now. Got rid of the frizz permanently though :D

and so, how did you get 'rid of the frizz permanently'?

BTW - I've been straightening my hair for a number of years and my curls have not diminished. I went through a wavy stage in my early teens but the rest of my life has been curly world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back