Ladies Lounge - For women only.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm shoes...
hmmmm eye candy...
my favourite piece got tossed out by the AFL for being a naughty boy off field and bringing the game into disrepute... something about those bad boys :)
Know just what/who you mean! Delicious! Forget about playing again (couldn't stand that with another team) just put him on the small screen! Swap him for that horrible Dennis/Hutchy/Bruuuce trio! Butt ugly & annoying as hell :mad: Shoes! Wouldn't mind his under my bed!

Thank you chief, nice sentiment. I think those of us femmes who love footy have learned to put up with the lads and their passion, but there may be some who would prefer to mix it only with the girls, on womens issues in footy.
To kick off a debate both radio broadcaster SEN and the footy show are programs that ignore females as panellists, even though physios, goal umpires,doctors and other professionals in the sport are women. Both of these stations are very patronising to women.
There are some great female broacasters who know a bit about footy, ie Bev O'connor is one of the best. The Marngrook footy show is very well represented with 2 lovely female presenters who love their footy and do a great job.
SEN seem to do an entire 24 hour stint without one female broacaster, and some of their guys are pathetic, might be time for a change, footy women are quite smart, we are not all Carolines, but we know enough. Sam Lane is okay, and there are others, Christy Malthouse. I challenge the last bastions of male domination, The footy show and SEN give the girls a run.

Agree about maargook.

I think the rest are still stuck in the old boys club, paternalistic mind set.
A shame as you say a lot of women involved at club levels in football departments, and none are deemed suitbale to open their mouths on anything.

A lot of women watch a lot of footy. We grow up watcing our fathers play, our brothers play, our boyfriends/husbands play, and our sons play. We see a whole lot of footy as a whole game, not just the little bit part you have as a player. Blokes seem a little surprised if you can hold your own in a footy based conversation, forgetting just how much footy we see.

Hi ya Cozi, hows things.

So-so, just really tired, not used to working so much, had 24 hours this week at work and I have 32 next week. Along with study it's a bit much, but I'll get things done. How about you?

Agree totally lizrene.. I've become a bit more aware about the lack of women in football media as opposed to clubs because I want to be a sports physio or surgeon. Clubs embrace women into their clubs.. the media seems to be stuck.

I'm an absolute footy nut!!
I'd rather go to the footy than go shopping, most of the time. I don't mind mixing it with the boys, it's a lot of fun most of the time. Yet I'm far from a tom-boy, I'm very girly... just have this side of me that can't get enough of footy!! I have no brothers, but I think my sister & I make up for that.....:eek::p:D

Although, this one day, on BF got me very angry. We'd just lost to someone & appart from getting abused by one particular poster he proceeds to tell me that my opinion is pointless & not important because I'm a chick, basically.... :rolleyes:
But he was a tool :p

Agree totally lizrene.. I've become a bit more aware about the lack of women in football media as opposed to clubs because I want to be a sports physio or surgeon. Clubs embrace women into their clubs.. the media seems to be stuck.

I went through a phase last year when I wanted to be a physio at Collingwood...... Changed my mind now though....
But it would be nice to be that close to the boys.....:eek::p:D

So-so, just really tired, not used to working so much, had 24 hours this week at work and I have 32 next week. Along with study it's a bit much, but I'll get things done. How about you?

At least you like your new job.

All good here, busy as with work.

cozi everyone is nearly finished a sports administration business degree.
I wonder if you can crack this bias towards women out there cozi.

hey :)
i just got the email and im loving the thread :)
im 16 too but ill be 17 in early next year
i love my footy been brainwashed from birth and finaly got to see my beautiful hawks win the grandfinal YAY

hey :)
i just got the email and im loving the thread :)
im 16 too but ill be 17 in early next year
i love my footy been brainwashed from birth and finaly got to see my beautiful hawks win the grandfinal YAY
Lol, same age.

What month?

Sports Admin Business Degree? I was thinking of doing that through Open Universities, but my Year 12 commitments are just too much right now. How is it Cozi ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Kritika

blah im suffering for a small hang over im just not in the mood 2 do anything at all ive resorted 2 channel surfing and drinking lemonade from the bottle lol
I am drinking ginger beer and eating some chocolates whilst surfing the net.

Hang in there. I am sure you will be ok.

Lol, same age.

What month?

Sports Admin Business Degree? I was thinking of doing that through Open Universities, but my Year 12 commitments are just too much right now. How is it Cozi ?

I'm doing Sports Management degree at Griffith University, surprisingly about 30-35% doing the degree are females which is great. I started in Semester 1 last year, and I finish in semester 1 2010. I should be finishing next November, but I failed Accounting last year (hate maths lol), so I'll do that as a stand alone subject in semester 1, 2010 while working full time. Griffith Uni is an Open University aswell. I'm enjoying it - learning a lot. As part of my degree requirements I need to complete 250 hours of work experience (unpaid), I did half of my hours last November and December at the Brisbane Lions office helping out in membership and I have asked to come back to complete my hours this year. I hope to work for the Brisbane Lions, maybe the new Gold Coast club when that starts up in 2011, perhaps even the Queensland Roar when I have my degree. Then hope to move down to Melbourne to work with the AFL.

I come to the good women of BF once again with a question, and I'd like all your opinions please.

Topic - clothes:

For a MAN, what is the better look when wearing a v-neck sweater?

Here is the v-neck:
P11316071.jpg

My concern is over the collar of the shirt on the inside.

Should it be worn OUTSIDE the v-neck?
451344_fpx.tif

or

Should it be worn INSIDE the v-neck?
collarsn5.jpg

-------------------

Now keep in mind, I am asking you ladies the question for a MAN, not for a woman (because for women the collar is almost always on the outside, where as with men this issue is a bit more subjective as it can go either way).

Your thoughts please!

edit: and try not to be swayed by the looks of the men or what colours/pants theyre also wearing etc

and pics changed so that they're both flattering

Outside, and the bottom of the shirt out like in the first picture..

Andd contrary to popular opinion, douchebag necks are hot. If you have the body to go with it that is..

Man, I really have been pitiful in being on here. Oh well, I have all off-season to get back on the BigFooty sauce.

And definitely outside. Though the guy you used in that pic has a kind of girlish face, barring the seriously drool-worthy facial hair.

Thank you chief, nice sentiment. I think those of us femmes who love footy have learned to put up with the lads and their passion, but there may be some who would prefer to mix it only with the girls, on womens issues in footy.
To kick off a debate both radio broadcaster SEN and the footy show are programs that ignore females as panellists, even though physios, goal umpires,doctors and other professionals in the sport are women. Both of these stations are very patronising to women.
There are some great female broacasters who know a bit about footy, ie Bev O'connor is one of the best. The Marngrook footy show is very well represented with 2 lovely female presenters who love their footy and do a great job.
SEN seem to do an entire 24 hour stint without one female broacaster, and some of their guys are pathetic, might be time for a change, footy women are quite smart, we are not all Carolines, but we know enough. Sam Lane is okay, and there are others, Christy Malthouse. I challenge the last bastions of male domination, The footy show and SEN give the girls a run.

Hear, bloody hear ... but you'll never change the mindset of those at the Footy Show and SEN. As far as their ideas of the opposite sex go it's best to roll your eyes and laugh it off or ignore it all together. People who hold firmly to the traditional ideas about a woman's role are just not worth the time and effort.

I'm a lot more than just fanatical about footy, I'll follow pretty much any sport there is. I was having an absolute blast at the A-League last night and my dad, trying to convince me to go to Europe next year, pretty much won me over with a promise to go to Villa Park and a Spanish League match. Rugby League, Union, Cricket, Tennis, Racing you name it I can probably hold my own in a conversation about it and while I've encountered enough of the Sam Newman-types of this world, it doesn't bother me any more because there are plenty of guys that do respect the views of women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back