Player Watch Rory Laird

Remove this Banner Ad

There are plenty of us that want to see Rory dropped, now after his comments, it will be my common statement until it happens.

Laird runs into space to collect possessions and then delivers the ball horribly or simply halts all run. Let's consider what we should be doing at HB. Hamill provides constant run and drive, Ryan has shown plenty in his 1st year. Loads of options, Rory, like Smith, isn't it

He doesn't really seem to fit the definition in any sense though.
Someone like Josh Jenkins or Brett Burton maybe, but grumpy Churchmouse Rory. Nah. He's a symptom at worst.

After everything that has come out about 2017, 18, 19, etc, are we still calling JJ a cancer? The guy who was run out of town because he had the audacity to stand up for himself and others against the club using these hippy moron brain cookers?

the 800k contract handicaps selection or trade options somewhat, reid gets no hate on here but he's handed out some horrible contracts milera is another one
Laird is on 800k? FMD, is he paid for his SC scores?

He is a symptom of our current club culture and his Small Man Syndrome has really come to the fore over the past few years.

FWIW, I don't agree with the title of this thread.

He won 2 All Australian selections when we were contending and nominated 4 other years. The only other players to have won multiple All Australians are McLeod, Riccuito, Goodwin, Rehn, Betts, McGuiness, Dangerfield, Smart and Hart. A 250 game legend of the club. Have more respect!
Ok so that’s 9 players. I’d also put in Modra, Tex, and Sloane ahead of him without even thinking hard. So that puts him out of the top dozen.

How long is he contracted for now? The games give past him now. I'm really sick and tired of his tantrums on field and his behaviour towards his team mates. Wtf hasn't anyone called him out on it.

Laird is on 800k? FMD, is he paid for his SC scores?

He is a symptom of our current club culture and his Small Man Syndrome has really come to the fore over the past few years.

FWIW, I don't agree with the title of this thread.
It was reported around that mark at the time i thought but you'd hope he isn't!

are we still calling JJ a cancer? The guy who was run out of town because he had the audacity to stand up for himself and others against the club using these hippy moron brain cookers?
yes definitely he's a bum, when you're fighting as a group and have the chance to win something having someone undermine the group.. what else can you call him. and as time has gone on he's got relatively little support from the other players, seems it was him and eddie who were a bit sensitive

I’ve been trying in my thoughts about Rochelle needing to knuckle down and focus on footy, I’ve also been strong in my thoughts that Laird should have not gone public with his comments

But to call Laird a cancer of the AFC…. wow this is turning into the Port board

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Laird says Rachele needs to let his footy do the talking. Laird must be non-verbal then. Laird couldn't even fly the flag for his teammates when Rankine was snipered.

Not only does he have the personality of a plank of wood, he is a liability to our team. Yes he gets lots of ball, but kicks the ball at less than 60%, over half his disposals are handballs, has kicked TWO goals as a midfielder in 22 games (Billy Dowling, Schoenberg have kicked more goals) his 300 metres gained a game is less than Clayton Oliver who is considered washed up.

Laird has been able to spend the large portion of his career playing unaccountable football and whilst getting big numbers has for the most part always brought more problems than solutions.

After everything that has come out about 2017, 18, 19, etc, are we still calling JJ a cancer? The guy who was run out of town because he had the audacity to stand up for himself and others against the club using these hippy moron brain cookers?

I am. Witnessed his nefarious, undermining acitions in person long before the Camp saga. That(saga) was just icing on the cake.

Please note; I'm not lumping Eddie in with him whatsoever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One if the entrants into the worst post of the year award.

Laird has been a loyal and excellent servant to our club. Multiple AA and multiple B&F.
Calling him a cancer on the club is totally disrespectful.
You can talk about his form, he place in the side next year etc, but this is pretty shit.

We got him as a rookie, and he got the absolute best out of his talent. He never made the club look bad, nor did he use other clubs to try and get more money from the club.

Seriously give yourself an uppercut.

Last edited:
F*CK YOU RORY LAIRD !!! From 3 x B&F winner to walking meme. Congrats.

Elon Musk Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rory Laird

Remove this Banner Ad

Back