Lake - our most important player

Remove this Banner Ad

Although I don't think he is our best player, I reckon the naughty boy has become our most important. He is our only defender that can take the relieving mark in Defence. This is so Valuable to us when we are playing the better teams and I think is vital if we are to go B2B! This is not an indictment on any of our other players, but we have cover elsewhere, whereas we have no one who can bring the skillet that Brian brings.

Here's to him winning another Norm!

He is definitely in our top 3 most important players in my opinion, when he plays the entire team seems to play with more confidence, whilst we were winning matches I feel the last 2 weeks our form has gone up a couple of notches and it is no coincidence that it comes with his return to the side.

I agree with you totally. It's like someone is giving me a bear hug every time the ball is kicked in long, knowing he's there is just so reassuring.

The other guy who can take fantastic relieve marks consistently is McEvoy, it's the thing he did at St.Kilda that earnt him plaudits, but thanks to injuries, he just hasn't had a chance to get into a groove. He will be massive come finals.

Not sure, have seen Stratts take the odd defensive grab (latter stages of last year's prelim?).

But yeah, Lake is a vital cog, as Richo said, the missing link from runner's up in '12 to premiers in '13.

As above, but gives us flexibility too, although Schoey spent more time in defence at the weekend than I thought he would.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lakey is the man, if he is fit and firing in September hawks will go very deep. He plays on the big boys and i have great confidence he can beat blokes like cloke, tipett, hawkins and Pav.

Roughy spends the majority of his time in the part of the ground where we are at our strongest, we would still kick a mountain of goals without him in the team.

Lake on the other hand plays in the part of the ground where we are at our weakest (size wise), without him we would have a mountain of goals kicked against us and makes us easier to coach against with the simple plan of spreading and isolating our undersized defenders (Geelong this year).

To be honest I think we would struggle to win without either of them but I think we would manage better without Roughead in a cut throat final against Tippet/Franklin/Hawkins?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lake - our most important player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back