Laura Kane - Does Not Impress Me At All !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Laura was asked on ABC radio yesterday if she has eyes on the role of AFL CEO once Dillon finishes up, and she unashamedly said yes (via saying she wouldn’t say no). Geez she’s not backwards in coming forwards, huge tickets, which is ironic given how out of her depth she is.

This sport dies if she ever takes control of it, if for no other reason, than pure incompetency.
Vlandys/NRL should be parking a dump truck full of cash in Dillons driveway to get him to retire.

I think with any top job at afl you need the full 3 years of data to make an informed decision on how someone is performing ….. give her more time and see how she goes

Laura ........

dacb94ba-302c-4824-93d5-78dc32db3fc0_text.gif

I think with any top job at afl you need the full 3 years of data to make an informed decision on how someone is performing ….. give her more time and see how she goes

lol what?

If someone is rubbish you give them 3 years?

Thats why most places have a 3-month probation period.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For some reason they've decided to cancel this as of this week. Weird, hey

No more Laura Kane - she wants us to stop talking about the umpires and won’t be doing any Monday conferences. She obviously has a plan to improve or take on criticism 🤣

Just shut up and enjoy the mess

Is she coming out again for a chat today to explain/tick off the plethora of inept umpiring decisions ??
Name another sport that does a weekly press conference almost exclusively devoted to umpiring decisions. Seriously, it's not needed. We should all just accept that there are going to be some howlers occasionally and live with it

Name another sport that does a weekly press conference almost exclusively devoted to umpiring decisions. Seriously, it's not needed. We should all just accept that there are going to be some howlers occasionally and live with it

Really??

Just accept that a multi-million dollar professional sports competition can be run like a busted arse to such an extent that it could, and this may be a long bow to draw, cover up match-fixing & corruption.

Angry fans will start walking away from the game too, no-one wants to watch & support a dodgy product or buy memberships & merchandise along the way.

No, we shouldn’t.

Mistakes happen and that is part of sport. The problem is every game there’s about 10 decisions that no one knows if it’s a mistake or it’s the rules.

If the AFL are having their own weekly good (umpiring) call bad (umpiring) call segment, then the game is broken.

The AFL have made the rules so convoluted by changing rules every season (and even mid season) because of one off incidents or because they want the game to be higher scoring (seriously) that no one knows what the actual rules are now. For every rule there’s another rule that contradicts it. Players, fans, umpires have no idea and the same incident could result in 5 different decisions . So we all wait like children for the AFL to explain what we just witnessed.

I don’t suggest there is conspiracy but there sure is a lot of ‘luck’ that you’re going to get the run of the green. Nothings black and white and you just hope the 50/50 calls go your way.

It’s gotten worse every year and the AFL need to blow up the rules and go back to basics.

1 howler every other round is expected. 10 every single game, is not.

Unfortunately it is now expected as they’ve been doing it for a while, I agree with you but it’s now a case of damned if they do damned if they don’t

Other professional sports the players and coaches are free to call out terrible umpiring decisions without risk of getting massive fines or even suspensions.

The AFL ban it so they need to defend what happens.

I know that attendances are up but you can't treat your customer base like mugs forever, at some point they will start voting with their feet.
I'm 100% with you. I wish people would walk away en masse. They have been treating supporters as mugs for at least 20 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back