Player Watch Lcoemwe to Port Adelaide Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

Another solid game from the big fella.

Am thrilled for him.

Will probably be back in here every week.
I thought he was brilliant! Going up against 2 established rucks - albeit they had to let Goldie out of the old-folks home for the day!

He had:
20 h/outs to their combined 34
5 clearances to their combined 1
3 cent/clearances to their combined 0
8 contested possessions to their combined 4
2 intercept possessions to their combined 3
5 score involvements to their combined 5
1 goal to their combined 0

He is just going to grow in confidence each week, and get better IMO .... And how much fun would he be having with Rozee, JHF, and butters zipping around him!

The way the commentators fawn over Draper is gross. Just because he has a mullet. He's rubbish.

12 hitouts to advantage and 5 clearances.

The amount of times he got his hands to a mark and dropped it was frustrating (the same can be said for about 5 of our players), but if he clunks those he probably takes 4 or 5 marks for the night

View attachment 1951420
Hitouts to advantage is easier when your rucking to our midfield though (provided you can actually win the Hitout!)

Hitouts to advantage is easier when your rucking to our midfield though (provided you can actually win the Hitout!)

Still to advantage thought.

Nankervis had about 50 hitouts in the 2022 elimination final vs Lions when Oscar went down in Q1 and he literally just tapped in down Neale's throat all day. Cost us the game.

Nankervis had about 50 hitouts in the 2022 elimination final vs Lions when Oscar went down in Q1 and he literally just tapped in down Neale's throat all day. Cost us the game.
That's my point - a good midfielder reads the tap, and then the stat will show it to advantage. I think the stat is one of the more useless stats out there in that sense. You could be the best ruck in the world, but if your mids are not great, and the other team keep beating them to the ball, your HTA will look bad. And then vice versa as well. The only prerequisite being that you need to win the tap.

He really does look to where he's putting the ball, and tries to get it out into space for our mids to run onto.

Took them a couple of games not to go hunting for the ball at his feet like they were used to. It must have driven him crazy to see the opposition mids running onto his taps while Rozee, Butters and JHF were diving on his bootlaces :D

Doesn't mind grabbing out of the middle for a kick or quick give off either.

The other thing I'll say about Soldo is that the Ivan Soldo Bandwagon is fun.

If it makes you feel better. Nankervis dragged you across the line against us in the 2020 prelim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't watch but how did he go?

Just a lazy 54 hitouts I see against the million dollar man Jackson.

He was good, surprised to see the hitouts. Jackson just isn't a very competitive ruckman in the hit out i think.

Brained him over the ground though

Struggling to take marks at the moment, getting hands to to the ball but dropping it. Somewhat Lycettesque

Is a much more useful player if he can occasionally take a big contested mark

My biggest takeaway from last night was his engine. Bloody hell it seemed like he was able to ruck for 99% of the game last night. He just kept going, and going, and going.

Given we're just 5 games in, I'm not convinced that's sustainable over the course of a full season, but it certainly gives reason to think that Finlayson's role as a pinch hitter becomes somewhat redundant - in which case they could stick with a 3 KPF structure of Dixon, Marshall and Georgiades whilst keeping Finlayson out of the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Lcoemwe to Port Adelaide Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back