Player Watch Lcoemwe to Port Adelaide Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't realise it was possible for AI writers to be mentally *ed but that "article" proves otherwise.

As Noam Chomsky says, ChatGPT is basically high tech plagiarism, so look to its sources. What hope is there?

Glad to see the big man back.

After a bit of catch up it's worth noting that he played soccer until Ivan Maric arranged for him to come train with Richmond.

I didn't watch the whole game - what about Soldo's performance was so poor? On face value his stats look solid vs DK.

Probably just lacking match fitness and polish after some time off.

Felt the ruck contests were a massive issue for us last night. When he lost the ruck, he lost it badly, allowing Carlton clean hit outs to advantage.

Our midfield positioning didn't help, far too aggressive - but Soldo was really poor.

What I really don't like about him is that he's always looking for his opponent in ruck contests around the ground. Sweet just looks for the ball and tries to win it - Soldo looks for his opponent and ends up poorly positioned

I actually felt for Soldo last night, he worked his arse off trying to save Ken Hinkley's game plan. He was pushing deep in defence taking saving marks, then he was pushing forward taking marks for shots on goal.

His relief in ruck was a bollard and some vapour.

Felt the ruck contests were a massive issue for us last night. When he lost the ruck, he lost it badly, allowing Carlton clean hit outs to advantage.

Our midfield positioning didn't help, far too aggressive - but Soldo was really poor.

What I really don't like about him is that he's always looking for his opponent in ruck contests around the ground. Sweet just looks for the ball and tries to win it - Soldo looks for his opponent and ends up poorly positioned

Basically this. When he lost a hit, out it looked terrible. Thankfully by the middle of fourth quarter the eighth pint had kicked in from where I was watching :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes not a half bad forward and would be an upgrade on Dixon. Im wondering if we go with Sweet as main ruck and then have Soldo wither forward or on the bench. Might fail miserably but at this point its worth the experiment for a week.

This was the first game where Soldo has been comprehensively outplayed, and every player in the history of the game has had a poor one somewhere in their career, not to mention as humorous as it is, that his influencing, content creating 23yo girlfriend despised Adelaide so much she legged it to Dubai, it no doubt would have been a tough few week for him personally. Plus first AFL game back from injury likely didn’t help either, but this would want to be the outlier and he wouldn’t want to serve up that effort / performance up again anytime soon.

On a side note, ruckman do get a bit of a rough end of the deal in the modern game. Its pretty well basically the only role left where you have a direct 1 on 1 opponent. Other than the occasional tagger, mids get license to do as they please with no consequence to their direct opponent (e.g. the AFL site listed our best players as Butters, Wines, JFH, Drew and Georgie) the way the mids were smashed in that last qtr and Walsh and Cripps dominated them, I wouldn’t have any of our mids in our best players last night. Same with Fwds and backs, with rotations, team defence, high press etc even a lot of the Fwd vs Def matchups get swapped over numerous times a game. So the ruck is the only position these days you can easily look at the game and say X won his position.

Hes not a half bad forward and would be an upgrade on Dixon. Im wondering if we go with Sweet as main ruck and then have Soldo wither forward or on the bench. Might fail miserably but at this point its worth the experiment for a week.
I don't mind the idea - Soldo has taken quite a few good marks in the forward line. My issue is that it would stunt Ollie Lord's development, and I don't think we can play two of Soldo, Dixon and Lord - as they are too similar.

This was the first game where Soldo has been comprehensively outplayed, and every player in the history of the game has had a poor one somewhere in their career, not to mention as humorous as it is, that his influencing, content creating 23yo girlfriend despised Adelaide so much she legged it to Dubai, it no doubt would have been a tough few week for him personally. Plus first AFL game back from injury likely didn’t help either, but this would want to be the outlier and he wouldn’t want to serve up that effort / performance up again anytime soon.

I think he got beaten soundly by Gawn as well. My issue is that he has yet to have a dominant ruck game either. He seems a bit like Lycett, in the sense that he wants to halve the contest rather than win it.

Sure, there will be times where you need to try halve it, when you're up against a dominant ruck who is killing it - but in general, you want your ruck to try and take the initiative.

Think I've massively over estimated this bloke. Looks like a 1 in 3 kind've player. Might play 1 in 3 good games, or go alright in 1 in 3 contests - but the other 2 will cost us badly...

Think I've massively over estimated this bloke. Looks like a 1 in 3 kind've player. Might play 1 in 3 good games, or go alright in 1 in 3 contests - but the other 2 will cost us badly...
Agreed - I want to see more of Sweet, but based on the limited viewing, I feel he may be the better option.

Soldo came back through the Magpies so I don't get the underdone angle.

He did a few good things but De Koning played really well and I was super impressed with him. He can ruck, mark, kick, contest on the ground, seems tough, didn't stop.

Soldo nice skill set. Can get a shot on goals v sweet, like his size and reach and obrien recognized in 1/2 time interview. Both okay, visenti a fair space behind them but young.

No.

Could have played Sweet or Dante as backup.
Might see that come into play now it's obvious Dixon and Finlayson should not be in the line-up.

Finlayson makes Teakle look like peak Goldstein.
We've already tried this. The one time we played Sweet as backup for Soldo it was an unmitigated disaster and they both played easily the worst games they've played for the club until Sweet was mercifully subbed off.

You seem to love trying things that have been proven not to work. Are you the guys who keep giving Hinkley extensions?

We've already tried this. The one time we played Sweet as backup for Soldo it was an unmitigated disaster and they both played easily the worst games they've played for the club until Sweet was mercifully subbed off.

You seem to love trying things that have been proven not to work. Are you the guys who keep giving Hinkley extensions?

Soldo was on one leg.

He went out there with the knee issue and missed the next month.

Yes long live Ken.

Soldo came back through the Magpies so I don't get the underdone angle.

He did a few good things but De Koning played really well and I was super impressed with him. He can ruck, mark, kick, contest on the ground, seems tough, didn't stop.
UNDERDONE: Where he has been out for a month after his knee Op and he did not play out the full game with the Magpies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back