Player Watch Lcoemwe to Port Adelaide Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

Crazy how so much of the AFL community considers 'is tough' to be a more important commodity in a ruckman than 'is good'. Ryder was miles better than Brogan and miles better than Soldo. It's genuinely not even close.

Last edited:
Crazy how so much of the AFL community considers 'looks tough' to be a more important commodity in a ruckman than 'is good'. Ryder was miles better than Brogan and miles better than Soldo. It's genuinely not even close.

Not during his time at port. The fact you couldn't count of him to finish a game was a killer

Absolutely cooked Goldy, why the hell did Essendon get him lol
Do we still need to drop Finlayson and his three goals today to bring in a tall bollard named Jordon Sweet because Goldstein and Draper are scary?

I love that we recruited Sweet, because reading people posting that we should play him and Soldo together is an easy way for me to identify people whose football opinions I don't respect.

Do we still need to drop Finlayson and his three goals today to bring in a tall bollard named Jordon Sweet because Goldstein and Draper are scary?

I love that we recruited Sweet, because reading people posting that we should play him and Soldo together is an easy way for me to identify people whose football opinions I don't respect.
It’s great to have sweet on board, he is the perfect age and talent level to come in and play the role when soldo is out. He will play some games this year, even if it’s only to ensure soldo isn’t battered at the end of the season.

Absolutely cooked Goldy, why the hell did Essendon get him lol

Mentor and back up. I'm sure he's not actually meant to be out there but Draper has absolutely fallen of a cliff as far as form goes.

Anyone of Dante/Sweet/Soldo was going to take them to the cleaners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s great to have sweet on board, he is the perfect age and talent level to come in and play the role when soldo is out. He will play some games this year, even if it’s only to ensure soldo isn’t battered at the end of the season.
I'm absolutely fine with having Sweet on the list. As a back-up. He and Soldo should play precisely zero games together over their careers.

Soldo isn't one of the best rucks in the competition. But he's solid.

And solid is a 1000% improvement on the trash Lycett was dishing, let alone bin tickle.

It's almost comical how much a difference it makes to actually win hitouts by someone who knows what to do with them.

This is why we wanted Hayes to play. Yes he had the endurance of a chain smoking 70 year old, but at least he knew a bit of ruck craft and could give our mids a chance.

Makes a huge difference not to be playing to a losing ruck all the time. Yeah, we're still going to get taken to the cleaners by someone like Gawn, but at least it's not the likes of Draper and Goldstein obliterating us anymore. The most important of all the recruits.

i must break you dolph lundgren GIF

Did an awesome job covering solo to beat their dual-ruck combination, albiet against a dead Goldstein corpse and an injured Draper.
Another big test coming up against Luke Jackson next week. Potentially Sean Darcy too.

The way the commentators fawn over Draper is gross. Just because he has a mullet. He's rubbish.

12 hitouts to advantage and 5 clearances.

The amount of times he got his hands to a mark and dropped it was frustrating (the same can be said for about 5 of our players), but if he clunks those he probably takes 4 or 5 marks for the night

1712365849687.png

The way the commentators fawn over Draper is gross. Just because he has a mullet. He's rubbish.

12 hitouts to advantage and 5 clearances.

The amount of times he got his hands to a mark and dropped it was frustrating (the same can be said for about 5 of our players), but if he clunks those he probably takes 4 or 5 marks for the night

View attachment 1951420
Agree. His marking hands had looked good in the first three rounds. He had a case of the Jones-Aliir flat hand droppsies last night but unlike Lycett and even Ryder, at least he puts himself in the centre of our defence and front of our goal square when in the ruck to still contest those high marking balls. He is playing the field like what I would expect from a ruckman but haven’t seen in a very long time. I.e., pre-Lobbe.

Crazy how so much of the AFL community considers 'is tough' to be a more important commodity in a ruckman than 'is good'. Ryder was miles better than Brogan and miles better than Soldo. It's genuinely not even close.
Ryder was good until he become ours and his, achilles heel.
Where playing an early game at the new concrete WA stadium wrecked that season (for both him & us).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back