Leigh Brown gets a week from MRP - HELLO JOSH FRASER?

Remove this Banner Ad

insainiac63

Debutant
Jan 29, 2002
Doncaster
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Leigh Brown has been suspended for a week by the Match Review Panel.
Paves the way for Josh to finally play his 200th.
Disappointing for him if we bypass him for Cam Wood, or play Leon in the ruck, or even bring Damien Monkhurst out of retirement for the week.
Would be a hell of a ruck combo though.

Leigh Brown has been suspended for a week by the Match Review Panel.
Paves the way for Josh to finally play his 200th.
Disappointing for him if we bypass him for Cam Wood, or play Leon in the ruck, or even bring Damien Monkhurst out of retirement for the week.
Would be a hell of a ruck combo though.

I heard they had put in a call to see what Wes Fellows was up to...

Really bad time to be suspended for Leroy, Fraser will play his milestone game and should be as fired up as he has ever been to do well.
The massive question is what if Fraser plays really well? does Leroy come straight back? Can we play all 3? And do we risk sticking with Josh through the finals knowing his inconsistent form could really cost us?

Really bad time to be suspended for Leroy, Fraser will play his milestone game and should be as fired up as he has ever been to do well.
The massive question is what if Fraser plays really well? does Leroy come straight back? Can we play all 3? And do we risk sticking with Josh through the finals knowing his inconsistent form could really cost us?

Nah I think Fraser gets given his 200th and Brown comes straight back in. One good game, if he can pull one out of the hat, isn't enough to force the Jolly and Brown combo apart.

On that, and ignoring sentimentality, is Wood a chance to beat Fraser to selection?

Embarrassing that Brown and Hunt get rubbed out for their respective incidents.

Ah well, at least he'll be chomping at the bit come first round of finals

This is actually good news.

Leeroy gets a week off, Fraser plays his 200th, we beat Hawthorn for Josh, Josh goes back to the VFL (if the VFL wins) and Leeroy comes back for the first final.

MM isn't stupid, Fraser will play, and no matter how well he plays, barring injuries to another forward or ruckman, Fraser will not play the first week of the finals.

Gratz Josh, 200 games.:thumbsu:

Nah I think Fraser gets given his 200th and Brown comes straight back in. One good game, if he can pull one out of the hat, isn't enough to force the Jolly and Brown combo apart.

On that, and ignoring sentimentality, is Wood a chance to beat Fraser to selection?

I'd say Fraser on the back of 5 goals would be selected. Is there any club report on the VFL this weekend?

Josh could kick 40 goals against anyone but Geelong and Saints and it wouldn't mean squat imo. Proven record this year goes with Leeroy and barring him being injured I'd be gobsmacked if he was overlooked for Josh.

There's the full report.

Hunt got a week, and Pods got 2.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/100984/default.aspx

Leigh Brown, Collingwood, has been charged with a level two striking offence against Graham Johncock, Adelaide Crows, during the fourth quarter of the round 21 match between Collingwood and the Adelaide Crows, played at the MCG on Saturday August 21, 2010.

In summary, due to his previous carry-over points from within the last 12 months, his one-game sanction must remain at one game, even with an early plea.

The incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of five activation points, resulting in a classification of a level two offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has 45 demerit points carried over from within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 170 demerit points. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 127.50 points and a one-match sanction.

In that article

lul wut

He hit him around the neck area, or more like the high part of the chest, which the AFL always refers to as to the body.

Basically a hit that isn't in the head is on the body.:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes selection very easy this week in regards to Josh.

I don't think it's a certainty that Josh will be "missing" the finals either, particularly if he performs well against Hawthorn. He has also performed very well in finals/GFs too over the journey.

As everyone says, you don't flirt with form and if you bring a player in who manages to dominate (ala Blair against Essendon), it's a huge call to drop them the following week.

Hopefully Josh can cause some selection headaches for week 1 of finals which can only put us in a stronger position with pressure for spots.

Yeah I agree. Very happy to see Josh play (I'm a softy) but he would have to pull an absolute blinder to keep the spot over Brown. It would also go against the trend of selection for this year too.

The Footy Gods are even assisting our selection decisions.:D

Never mind the lid, let's hope the wheels all stay on.:thumbsu:

Ordinarily though we should take such a "slur" on the Anvil's reputation to the high court.
Amazed that Pods is offered 2 weeks relative to Brown's "misdemeanour", comparatively Pods should be looking at 3 at the very least.

I would not be 100% sure Fraser would come in for Leroy, Could be Presti or Reid that comes in for Leroy

Which one of them plays ruck Dave?

Nate, jack out presti and chopper in

Leroy to replenish the awesome batteries Fraser to hit 200

Remove this Banner Ad

Leigh Brown gets a week from MRP - HELLO JOSH FRASER?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back