Lenny Hayes vs Western Bulldogs, Round 20 @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah, nuh. his stats seem on track for a 21yr old

good size. we'll take him for sure

He kills it at VFL level but lacks pace so he really struggles on the outside. May really turn it around but he just seems to lack a clear AFL skill. You get signs with a lot of players even if they struggle at stages but he just hasn't shown anything to date. Will be an interesting post season.

Seb Ross!!!

I was just about to bag him on the Saints board but I might need to hold fire.

Still in this but we need to stop butchering chances, at least the umpires are giving us a decent crack at it now.
St Kilda, 17 frees.

Dogs, 7.

jeez, you've had the rough end of the stick. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

He kills it at VFL level but lacks pace so he really struggles on the outside. May really turn it around but he just seems to lack a clear AFL skill. You get signs with a lot of players even if they struggle at stages but he just hasn't shown anything to date. Will be an interesting post season.
yeah thats fair enough

he's a big boy, looks handy around goals. he looks a jobe clone and will mature later than others

another preseason he'll kill it

Seb Ross!!!

I was just about to bag him on the Saints board but I might need to hold fire.

Still in this but we need to stop butchering chances, at least the umpires are giving us a decent crack at it now.

I like how you're not satisfied with anything less than double the number of opposition free kicks.

Bontempelli seems a bit overhyped atm to me. Haven't stopped hearing his name the whole game yet he's had 5 touches.
5 touches which includes 2 inside 50's which both resulted in goals, 2 rebound 50's, 4 1%ers and a goal. It's not about weight of numbers. He makes shit happen.

The most disappointing aspect of our game has been our tackling. Too many times we've let them off the hook or allowed them to run away from a contest.

Bulldogs are too quick and a bit slick with the ball for some of our older players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bontempelli seems a bit overhyped atm to me. Haven't stopped hearing his name the whole game yet he's had 5 touches.

Too hard to judge a player on one game, especially one as inexperienced as Bonts. (And he's been ok and done some nice things)

Using that logic it wouldn't be unreasonable for a dogs supporter to be wondering the same about Billings based off today. But obviously it's things they've done across the season and throughout the course of certain games (Bonts vs Melbourne, Bills vs West Coast) that get us excited.

The Bulldogs outplayed us in that quarter but they've been gifted 2 or 3 goals from some of the worst umpiring I've ever seen.
You seem to say this just about every week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lenny Hayes vs Western Bulldogs, Round 20 @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back