Think Tank Leon Davis Medal 2024 - discussion pre-game, then nominations, then voting...

Who was pathetic?

• Heeney

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • Parker

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Amartie?

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Hipwood

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Horse

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Papley

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • Blakey

Votes: 8 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Final day brings many acolades to the victor, and bronx cheers to the loser - I dont know if they cheer that much in the Bronx?

But amongst the great players is one who is a complete spud - could be one who clangs and misses a match winning goal, or could be one who has the most time on ground for little to no impact...

But it's the most glorious day of the football year! Grand Final day, where we find out which club supporters have bragging rights for 12 months and who will be mercilessly trolled for that same period (or longer). A new player will make a zero of himself by being crowned the 2024 Leon Davis Medallist! :thumbsu:

leondavismedalface2_zps1ad7d175 (1).jpg

A Bay 13 tradition, the Leon Davis Medal is awarded to the player deemed 'worst on ground' in the Grand Final.
There are many more ways to determine the WOG than the BOG. :rainbow:

Previous Winners:

2011: Alan Didak
2012: Cyril Rioli
2013: Hayden Ballantyne
2014: Lewis Jetta
2015: Jack Darling
2016: Kurt Tippett
2017: Josh Jenkins
2018: Steele Sidebottom
2019: Jeremy Finlayson
2020: Patrick Dangerfield
2021: Cody Weightman
2022: Gary Rohan
2023: Billy Frampton

The Leon always brings out the trolling, melting and schaudenfreude (sort of means gloating). Plus it's something supporters of all clubs can be involved in.

Post your predictions from now, post your nominations during the game, and we'll see who wins this most inglorious of awards. :$

Bevo set the precedent in 2016...........

We also saw today that you can give multiple people the same medal when there is more than one of them (re: co-captains!).

If there is more than one spud - they should all get the Leon Davis medal. Fairs fair in love and war.... and Sydney failing on the last Saturday in September!
Bang on the money.
This year is must be a team Leon, and that's what Sydney should be known as from here on.
They did not have one winner in any position on the ground. Who are they going to blame this year? They have run out of excuses. It wouldn't surprise me that they blame Jack Hamilton or Silvio Foschini.

So, it's Team Leon for me. The Grand Final easybeats.

Lol @ poll. Just the 19 effective kicks inside 50m, midfield well and truly beaten but lets blame the full forward. Fair dinkum they laced out Harris Andrews 10x more than they even looked for Amartey.

What a cowardly performance from the swans … again !!

Grundy merits a mention.
Just about the last bloke you’d want to go to war with.

But there can be only one winner.

There’s nothing worse than the guy who talks the talk (pic attached)

IMG_1423.jpeg

and doesn’t walk the walk … when it matters !!
Just as bad is the guy who kicks the junk time goals when the team has been slaughtered in an attempt to absolve himself of any blame.

Yesterday, in Luke Parker … we had both !!
I hereby declare Luke Parker the winner of the 2024 Leon medal 👏👏

Changed my vote to Papley. Amartey was a total spud but I get the point that he isn't held in as high regard and I refuse to vote heeny considering he actually got injured with a stress fracture in the foot so feel like that's more of an injury troll.

Who cares if you are not held in high regard by the footy public, last year Frampton went into the game as a nobody and came out of it as a nobody.

Amarty was thought of as a nobody and played like one. McDonald walked over the white line, so must take 100% responsibility.

McDonald, then Amarty, then Blakey.

Who cares if you are not held in high regard by the footy public, last year Frampton went into the game as a nobody and came out of it as a nobody.

Amarty was thought of as a nobody and played like one. McDonald walked over the white line, so must take 100% responsibility.

McDonald, then Amarty, then Blakey.
Think Heeney is winning it anyway, but to me that feels like an injury troll.

Heeney. Can't believe only a few short weeks ago the swans were whining about how he was "robbed" of a certain brownlow. Watching him spud it up was glorious.
14 touches and a goal in 3/4d of footy is hardly spudding it up. Voting Heeney is pure injury troll.

McInerney should be on the poll. He delivered the least and proper went missing while being fully fit. Dinsdale

(Log in to remove this ad.)

14 touches and a goal in 3/4d of footy is hardly spudding it up. Voting Heeney is pure injury troll.

McInerney should be on the poll. He delivered the least and proper went missing while being fully fit. Dinsdale
In fairness to McInerney he's done that all finals series and half the normal season. Adams should have been in ahead of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Tank Leon Davis Medal 2024 - discussion pre-game, then nominations, then voting...

Back