Leon Davis severs ties with Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck Leon will be missed , but the ingredients of a great side is to keep turning over 4 or 5 players , so be it ,now goldsack can fit into our side no problem here its all good news.

good luck leon you champ

Come to Port, the GF will love it back in SA :)

Seriously though, very upset to see him not a medal that he has deserved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets all remember what board we are on and attacking other posters teams when they state an opinion is not on and if you cannot reply in a mature fashion about the topic at hand do not reply at all.

I'm guessing a lot of people will suddenly discover that Leon is actually a fantastic player that they've always rated and that Collingwood are fools to let him go.

If you're truly gone Leon, best of luck for the future and thanks for the memories. You will leave behind one of the best highlight reels ever.

well if he was playing for Collingwood, he wouldn't get to make it home all year...

Malthouse and Leon have always had a very close relationship, I wonder if Leon is one of the many people in the football community who find Nathan Buckley a little.....overbearing. Considering they could have paid him a significant amount of money outside the salary cap, (Plus Leons rejuvenated form) I find it very hard to think this was about money. Just a thought.

Might need to add Leon's twilight years at Collingwood to the fallout from the succession plan, probably less important than the 2011 flag though.

I can't quite put my finger on it yet but there's definitely something brewing down at pieland. Time will tell why Leon has decided to leave.

Malthouse and Leon have always had a very close relationship, I wonder if Leon is one of the many people in the football community who find Nathan Buckley a little.....overbearing. Considering they could have paid him a significant amount of money outside the salary cap, (Plus Leons rejuvenated form) I find it very hard to think this was about money. Just a thought.

Might need to add Leon's twilight years at Collingwood to the fallout from the succession plan, probably less important than the 2011 flag though.

I think you might be onto something there.

If it came down to WC and Freo going for him (lot's of assumptions I know...)
what could Freo use? West Coast could use 63 at best I think.

If he nominated for the ND, he'd get picked up inside pick 40 surely.

Surely Fremantle would have a serious look into adding Leon to their list, too good to playing Wafl and doesn't fit in with West Coast ATM.

Surely Fremantle would have a serious look into adding Leon to their list, too good to playing Wafl and doesn't fit in with West Coast ATM.

Honestly don't see the point, he turns 31 next year and is a proven finals non-performer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Leon Davis severs ties with Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back