Let's talk Ports!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with that at all.
What? You don't want to learn from
Lobbe? You think anyone will come at Hoff?
Only Pittars is urgent, the other two just need to re sign whenever.

Yep free agency compo will be done next year just as we are eligible for it.

Ummm, we've been eligible for it the whole time. Don't blame the system because we shat our pants and signed players to prevent them becoming free agents! E.g. Lobbe should have been coming out of contract this year after a two year deal...fair chance we would have ended up with a second round compo pick for him!

What? You don't want to learn from
Lobbe? You think anyone will come at Hoff?
Only Pittars is urgent, the other two just need to re sign whenever.
Trengove showed more in the ruck in a year than Lobbe ever has. He's a competitive beast and one of our few onfield leaders. There's no comparison.

Trengove showed more in the ruck in a year than Lobbe ever has. He's a competitive beast and one of our few onfield leaders. There's no comparison.
The comparison is regarding contract. Jackson had a breakout year in a role he doesn't usually play, and his most durable season in half a decade. We'd be signing him up on his terms, even though that kind of performance isn't near guaranteed to be backed up. How will he play with Ryder? Will his body break down next year for a big chunk of time like it often does? His contact won't be as big next year unless he really backs it up.

We gave Lobbe a long contact based on a career best year he hasn't repeated. Trengove is less of a risk since he can play a variety of roles to a high standard but it's still a good point Chiwigi is making. The contract can wait.

So you would sign him to a high paid long term contract as a ruckman?
I can almost guarantee no other club will.

Made a gif of Dixon's cement hands

jdtHW6.gif

So you would sign him to a high paid long term contract as a ruckman?
I can almost guarantee no other club will.

As a ruckman or as a player than can play multiple roles, he's proven his worth.

Has he? He's been 3rd tall defender for a couple years now behind Carlile and Hombsch. Not exactly an in demand position.

I love the idea of a KPD/Ruck role, and he will excel with it, but I don't think that means we sign him up ASAP. As a permanent KPD if that is what he is next season, his spot isn't 100%, and as a resting forward ruck, I'm not at all convinced he has forward craft.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clurey vs Sam Mayes, pick one

Interesting proposition given IMO the afl stuffed us at the time by not merging the compo into the pick after wines but we land Clurey and the flop in Shaw.

Also brings 9 for 14+30 this year into light if you chose Clurey.
Clurey by some margin. Sam Mayes is so very soft.

Brisbane probably stuffed Mayes though, he looked the goods in his draft year.

Last edited:
Champion Data have released a few quirky stats and broken records.
20 quirky stats from the 2016 AFL season

Ollie Wines broke the record for clanger kicks with 59 this year, beating Dustin Martin's record last year of 46.
Jarman Impey broke seven tackles in Round 11 against Collingwood — the most since the stat was introduced in 2011.

Yeah I think we should of won When we vs Geelong Cat Because I think of the 2007 Grand Final when they Killed us then so I think we should Come them Back Is that Right plese Reply.
I may never have followed a new poster so quickly.

Yeah I think we should of won When we vs Geelong Cat Because I think of the 2007 Grand Final when they Killed us then so I think we should Come them Back Is that Right plese Reply.

ok

I think that this guy may be from out of town :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back