Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

You've spent a lot of the money on them that could be forcing Greenwood to look elsewhere
Its not. We have cap space to satisfy him, we just don't want to pay someone over what we value him at because that is not how you keep a team together in the long term. We have upped the offer both in terms of length and value, so of he leaves it will be for $$$.

Hmm. One good season. You never know, this could turn out to be lucky for North.

Even still, he's a hundred times better than that squib Higgins (loved the Missy call up there). Dal Santo and Higgins in the midfield? Looks soft and too outside already

Bewildering really- would take him ahead of Higgins and Waite- both who have there best years behind them.
Semms Scott the lesser reckons your boys are in the 'window' and are copping short term gain for long term pain.
Greenwood should stay, but is suffering from Gibson and Swallow being putrid disposers of the ball to lead up targets.

Swallow is a star but having Gibson playing as an outside player, yet being the worst kick in the team throws out the balance and highlights greenwood and Swallows poor hit ups.

If they are bringing in softer types like Dal santo and Higgins for outside roles it would be wiser to trade Gibson.

If Gibson and Swallow wernt butchers, North would be throwing the farm at Greenwood.

Looks like a mistake as greenwood is hard as a cats head. Gibson is overrated to a degree and like Thomas is under a coaches love rise.

It's really only the excessive lack of tank in Ziebell and Cunnington and a few others that makes Gibson stand out. As good as he can be, he'll get found out.

Adams and Gibsons wage should be going to Greenwood.

Question for NM fans, if he does go do you prefer player or pick?

If pick would 22 (likely 23 after Frawley compo) get it done (likely Pies compo for Lumumba).

If it's a player I was thinking a four way player swap between the Dees, Cats, Roos & Pies could be equatable involving Lumumba & Clark. Unsure of the Cats player. I'm sure I read Varcoe's name thrown up (for a swap for Clark) and dismissed but can't remember if it was dismissed by the Dees or Varcoe.
If he does go I was hoping we could somehow rangle pick 4 from Collingwood by getting involved in the beams deal and also using Mullet and our 1st pick.

One good season and a first round pick? Please....
Oh here we go again, another footy supporter who puts draft picks on a pedestal. Like I said a pick around pick 15 would be fair, I mean look at the last 10 players drafted at 15:
2004- lynden dunn
2005- travis varcoe
2006- daniel o'keefe
2007- robbie tarrant
2008- mitch brown
2009- christian howard
2010- billie smedts
2011- brandon ellis
2012- taylor garner
2013- zak jones

Don't see many superstars among that lot (i do see a lot of 'busts' however). Getting a pick at 15 would effectively be a lucky dip whether the player is a bust or not. Getting Greenwood you know what to expect. With the exception of Ellis, I would pick Greenwood over each and every one of those players....no brainer.

Someone posted on the Richmond board the other day that Collingwood, Richmond and the Dogs were the three clubs that made offers. Richmond's was supposedly the biggest (~$350,000 for 3 years) with the Pies and Dogs around $300,000 for 3 years, although the Pies have now upped the ante apparently.

North's original offer was supposedly 2 years at about $280,000.

Someone posted on the Richmond board the other day that Collingwood, Richmond and the Dogs were the three clubs that made offers. Richmond's was supposedly the biggest (~$350,000 for 3 years) with the Pies and Dogs around $300,000 for 3 years, although the Pies have now upped the ante apparently.

North's original offer was supposedly 2 years at about $280,000.

Apparently we offered a 4 contract....who knows
Lol at 2 years @ 280k for a bloke finishing 2nd I the BnF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greenwood should stay, but is suffering from Gibson and Swallow being putrid disposers of the ball to lead up targets.

Swallow is a star but having Gibson playing as an outside player, yet being the worst kick in the team throws out the balance and highlights greenwood and Swallows poor hit ups.

If they are bringing in softer types like Dal santo and Higgins for outside roles it would be wiser to trade Gibson.

If Gibson and Swallow wernt butchers, North would be throwing the farm at Greenwood.

Looks like a mistake as greenwood is hard as a cats head. Gibson is overrated to a degree and like Thomas is under a coaches love rise.

It's really only the excessive lack of tank in Ziebell and Cunnington and a few others that makes Gibson stand out. As good as he can be, he'll get found out.

Adams and Gibsons wage should be going to Greenwood.
Gibson and Greenwood are the only ones in North's midfield who run both ways. Of course you want your outside players to be great users, fast or even better both. But Gibson is about as good as it gets for an outside mid without speed or great skills. I'd be keeping him and making others over take him if they can. Ziebell's the one who's contract (likely) doesn't match his output. Cunnington, Swallow and Greenwood offer more as inside midfield types. I'd trade him if I was being bold but I'm sure you want to find the secrets to getting the best out of him and hope he can become a dynamic midfielder and forward.

Source? Would have thought he owed North after sticking by him. His only good season and he's thinking of leaving? Dick move if true.

I doubt Levi feels that way. Greenwood's form in both the VFL and the AFL prior to this year should have earned him more opportunity. He was left rotting in the two's while blokes Liam Anthony were running around in the ones

Dont mind what North are doing, every other team would do the same. Im not sure Waite and Higgins are the right players though, not sure they improve your side that much.

I guess their feeling is Petrie, NDS, Harvey and Wells arent going to be around for that much longer and if anyone is an A grader at North it is one of those later 2 who possess the ability and attributes of such.

I actually think North will go slightly backwards next year (ie: Not top 4) although everything points the other way. They just lack something.

A tiger poster on our board suggested a swap of first rounders and our second pick.

Tigers 11 for Roos 15, and our pick 31 for Greenwood?

That's extremely fair and perhaps win win there. North hasn't drafted well recently with their higher picks and has had more success with lower picks, perhaps a pick upgrade can help them find an A grader to replace a Harvey/Wells/Dal Santo etc.

Would love Greenwood however though, instant Boyd replacement and our midfield would nearly be cherry ripe for a few years. He would help Libba out on the inside and would help Griffs outside game big-time instead of Griff having to do it all.

Would only offer a 2nd rounder though, perhaps Collingwood would be a more desirable destination though with Ball retiring, Swanny on his last legs and Beams looking to leave. Would probably be a Tuck/Jackson replacement at Richmond and they could use a left footer or two in midfield as all their lefties play down back.

I must be missing something here. I'm a massive rap for Greenwood, and would take him in a heartbeat. He's definitely worth more than a 2nd rounder.

Out of contract with only 1 solid season behind him. Take it or leave it ultimatum you'd think etc like Crameri and the Brions kids last year or lose him to the PSD.

Difference is we haven't given up anything for the 2 free agents.
We still have all our picks.

True but $400K out of the salary cap for Higgins is a massive chunk and huge risk given his history - and approx $300K for Waite at 32 is also risky... If it means losing Greenwood, I'd be pretty pissed as a North Fan...

having said that still think Greenwood will stay at North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back