Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

The only problem with saying they are the 39/40th players is, those players wouldn't get that money so they march up the pay scale inside the top 15/20.

We struggled to make the 95% last year, plenty of pre payments made, would be surprised to see us around 100% this year even with Waite and Higgins added. Yet we have the ability to go to 105% under the new banking system.

Cap is not the issue

Can I ask who has been delisted by the Roos? I ask this as, if by reports that Higgins/Waite have come over for a combined 700k per year, the gap from 95% to 100% is only about 600k. With the cap going up b aboput 400k this year, have offloaded any larger players to free up more cap space? This is the reason why some are suggesting your cap is tight.
From all reports we have been front loading contracts of younger players for the last few years.

So Greenwood has gone from being North's equal second best player this year to apparently not required and a bit of a dog for wanting out?

Now go find a pick worthy of the trade :)
744053-130717-o-039-brien.jpg

So Greenwood has gone from being North's equal second best player this year to apparently not required and a bit of a dog for wanting out?

Harsh as i think most made it clear they wanted Levi to re sign.

But thats football, if a guy wants to leave the club then you say goodbye and move on.

Thankfully an inside mid is something we can cover reasonably well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood want Melbourne's 22 for Lumumba... Do they really think Greenwood is worth less? He dragged his team to victory in a final and finished equal 2nd in the Pre-lim finalist's B&F.

Collingwood want Melbourne's 22 for Lumumba... Do they really think Greenwood is worth less? He dragged his team to victory in a final and finished equal 2nd in the Pre-lim finalist's B&F.

One is contracted, an AA premiership player who has finished in the top 5 in the B&F 3 times since 2010.
The other is uncontracted.

I actually think Greenwood may be why they want 22 for Lumumba, to then pass on to NM.

This is a bad situation for North. First because Greenwood is uncontracted and wants out meaning they lose alot of leverage in the trade and can lose him for nothing or at least a lot less than he is worth.
Secondly he chose the Pies who have been known to screw alot of clubs over in trades. They will definately play hardball.

I think Levi is worth a top 20 pick easily but don't think North will get that for him unfortunately due to the circumstances.

This is a bad situation for North. First because Greenwood is uncontracted and wants out meaning they lose alot of leverage in the trade and can lose him for nothing or at least a lot less than he is worth.
Secondly he chose the Pies who have been known to screw alot of clubs over in trades. They will definately play hardball.

I think Levi is worth a top 20 pick easily but don't think North will get that for him unfortunately due to the circumstances.

Geoff Walsh is respected by all at Collingwood and is a much loved figure there.
The deal will be fair and without much fuss.
It will be a pick in the second round.

Not sure where you get that idea from?

Collingwood have actually been pretty fair traders in general, obviously they don't like to pay overs (any club that does is stupid), but they are normally within throwing distance of paying a fair value.

Greenwood will end up being an early 2nd rounder

Dumb move by North to pickup 2 absolute injury prone shitcampaigner in Waite and Higgins and now have to part with Greenwood because they can't match Collingwood's offer
Clueless.
Who says we can't match their offer? Perhaps we just don't think he's worth the overs that a rival club cashed up and desperate for midfielders wants to pay him.

has one good year and everybody loses their minds. He should stay with north for sticking by him throughout his shit/average years. Hope collingwood draft and he goes back to his shitty ways

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back