Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Bewildering really- would take him ahead of Higgins and Waite- both who have there best years behind them.
Semms Scott the lesser reckons your boys are in the 'window' and are copping short term gain for long term pain.

Goneski Chael thinks.

It's a matter of what we can get for him now. I'd say somewhere around pick 15 would be fair.

Goneski Chael thinks.

It's a matter of what we can get for him now. I'd say somewhere around pick 15 would be fair.

One good season and a first round pick? Please....

Liam Pickering, that makes me nervous. But also with Pickers being an old North man and probably having had several dealings with Walsh over the years I think it will probably get done.

If he was a free agent he'd be gonski. As he's not I think clubs won't be as keen as we predict to give up a pick (low 20's at least) and pay him crazy big money.

He'll be 26 by the start of next season. North should find room to pay him like a guy who will finish top 10 in the B+F and push top 5's for the next few years. I don't think they'll be enough offers from rival clubs to force North to come up with an offer that pays him like a consistent top player in the comp or anything like that.

I hope the dees are in to him and I'm sure Richmond and Pies fans feel the same. But we're talking 2nd round pick and 3 years 350-400k with bonuses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must be getting a shocking offer from north because he is worth more then Higgins
Most clubs will hope players don't think like that, because players clearly are getting a premium to move as free agents because they are free! Levi had years of development and a draft pick put in to him. Higgins just signs a contract and he's in. He'll be worth a similar contract to Higgins because he's a better player but isn't coming free of charge. The clubs are saying if you want to get paid then wait out your contract and sign on for a new club who will give you a premium. The player managers will strike back a bit.

Much of Greenwood's decision will probably come down to only playing 11 games in the last two years as he was overlooked for other players. No doubt he'd be feeling better now but that would've left an impression. He really had to play for his contract this year. This time last year he was probably feeling like due to lack of opportunity he was heading for delisting. He's turned it around, probably feels like he's earnt something for having to work so hard for it and not having the chance to sign on at an earlier date.

Question for NM fans, if he does go do you prefer player or pick?

If pick would 22 (likely 23 after Frawley compo) get it done (likely Pies compo for Lumumba).

If it's a player I was thinking a four way player swap between the Dees, Cats, Roos & Pies could be equatable involving Lumumba & Clark. Unsure of the Cats player. I'm sure I read Varcoe's name thrown up (for a swap for Clark) and dismissed but can't remember if it was dismissed by the Dees or Varcoe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Levi Greenwood traded for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back