News Lewis Taylor charged over crime spree (and stealing a seatbelt buckle)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleese_zps10a0deff.gif

Rough upbringing. Probably used to doing stuff like this back home.

Didn't pick him to be one of those .....regardless of upbringing. Seemed even back then to be a sensible kid.

Just can't picture him smashing cars and enjoying what he was doing.

Totally shocked and disappointed by this.

Hopefully he pulls his head in and bum up now, or out son.

Can't believe it, I really can't.:(

Suspend him what an utter w***er. Lost all my respect not someone I want around our club. Congrats lewy I always new you were an idiot. But not this much of an absolute utter dick head.

It was in a wrecking yard, so don't think that will happen - though I know you're kidding :p
Yes, stupid thing to do - but it sounds like a fair bit of media sensationalism here. Sounds like a couple of young men (probably drunk) jumped the fence at pick-a-part and smashed up some already damaged cars. Hardly what you'd call a "crime spree". A spree would involve multiple instances of criminal activity. No personal property damage, no theft of car radios to be sold out the back of the ute.
The owner of the wrecking yard has good reason to be unhappy and Taylor should be punished for his stupidity... but hardly a crime spree!

...and for all the people getting all self-righteous about expecting better from him blah blah blah - yes it was stupid, but plenty of people have done stupid stuff when 18 and drunk. I may have taken a leak the on Victoria State Parliament House in my misspent youth - nothing malicious, it was just the most out of sight place at the time! I'd could have been charged for it, but I got a nice police officer who had a bit of empathy for my young drunk stupid lack of thought. Plenty of young people have done worse and regretted it later!

Last edited:
Suspend him what an utter ******. Lost all my respect not someone I want around our club. Congrats lewy I always new you were an idiot. But not this much of an absolute utter dick head.

A massive overreaction. One of the nicest kids you can meet and chat with during and after training. Every one makes mistakes under the influence of alcohol and mates. If it was someone like Bontempelli, Vic media would say a player has been charged with vandalism and end of story. Funny how sensationalized it gets when it's a Lions player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to see alcohol bans for those who commit crimes under the influence. Will never happen because it seems nearly everyone in this country worships the disgusting substance, but a girl can dream.

Yes, stupid thing to do - but it sounds like a fair bit of media sensationalism here. Sounds like a couple of young men (probably drunk) jumped the fence at pick-a-part and smashed up some already damaged cars. Hardly what you'd call a "crime spree". A spree would involve multiple instances of criminal activity. No personal property damage, no theft of car radios to be sold out the back of the ute.
The owner of the wrecking yard has good reason to be unhappy and Taylor should be punished for his stupidity... but hardly a crime spree!
Yeah, I was thinking parked cars in a street, not a wreckers yard:confused:. Stupid and immature sums it up. Throw the book at him, ensure he promises not to do it again and move on I say.

Not impressed though, I wonder when the club found out and what internal action was taken?

...and for all the people getting all self-righteous about expecting better from him blah blah blah - yes it was stupid, but plenty of people have done stupid stuff when 18 and drunk. I may have taken a leak the on Victoria State Parliament House in my misspent youth - nothing malicious, it was just the most out of sight place at the time! I'd could have been charged for it, but I got a nice police officer who had a bit of empathy for my young drunk stupid lack of thought. Plenty of young people have done worse and regretted it later!

This exactly. He made a **** up when drunk and probably saw a bunch of cars in a wreckers and thought 'no harm done'. It was stupid, it was foolish and most of all it was very out of character. Who thinks he doesn't regret it? Who thinks he didn't wake up, realise what he'd done and admitted it straight away.

Leemas, your response was embarrassing. He didn't murder somebody. Go sulk to your Aish source (Y)

Immature kids do immature things
Its not the end of the world. Sneaking into a breakers yard and wacking some cars. Can't say I ever did it but can't say I didn't do similar. Fine him, give him a kick up and move on. Noone got hurt here except our naive assumption that Lewy was a choir boy.

A massive overreaction. One of the nicest kids you can meet and chat with during and after training. Every one makes mistakes under the influence of alcohol and mates. If it was someone like Bontempelli, Vic media would say a player has been charged with vandalism and end of story. Funny how sensationalized it gets when it's a Lions player.
Being pissed isn't an excuse to be a knob. Smashing car windows sober or not is never appropriate in any society. All you lewy lovers defending him is ridiculous. I can understand a mistake but not just breaking one but 4 my god you know what your doing is wrong yet he continued to do it. Nice at training or not a nob is a nob. What you all think is petty vandalism that can just be brushed aside is ridiculous. What if it was your car window he smashed? can you imagine your reaction if it wasn't the lions darling lewy Taylor. If it was josh bootsma or some random druggo off the street I guarantee all your reactions would be very different. Take your rose coloured glasses off a dick head act is a dick head act and he 100% should be suspended by the club for it. Fantastic he took ownership but for gods sake this isn't a line toeing is this is illegal or isn't it. Everyone knows smashing car windows is illegal and morally wrong. Stand by my statement what an absolute utter moron. Absolutely shocked at some of the reactions here.

Being pissed isn't an excuse to be a knob. Smashing car windows sober or not is never appropriate in any society. All you lewy lovers defending him is ridiculous. I can understand a mistake but not just breaking one but 4 my god you know what your doing is wrong yet he continued to do it. Nice at training or not a nob is a nob. What you all think is petty vandalism that can just be brushed aside is ridiculous. What if it was your car window he smashed? can you imagine your reaction if it wasn't the lions darling lewy Taylor. If it was josh bootsma or some random druggo off the street I guarantee all your reactions would be very different. Take your rose coloured glasses off a dick head act is a dick head act and he 100% should be suspended by the club for it. Fantastic he took ownership but for gods sake this isn't a line toeing is this is illegal or isn't it. Everyone knows smashing car windows is illegal and morally wrong. Stand by my statement what an absolute utter moron. Absolutely shocked at some of the reactions here.

I guess it was a little bit more than just horsing around.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Lewis Taylor charged over crime spree (and stealing a seatbelt buckle)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back