Confirmed Liam Baker - Now a West Coast Eagle

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

So would the Tigers ve looking for a top 10 pick?
And Eagles would be keener on a late first round pick?
Fremantle might be prepared to offer a little more?
(Don't have any stake in this, just out of interest)
Most Tigers supporters seem to think a pick between 12-17.

Most Freo and WCE supporters seem to think a pick around 23.

Some Western Australians say even pick 23 is too much, but I think they’re probably trolling.

Most Tigers supporters seem to think a pick between 12-17.

Most Freo and WCE supporters seem to think a pick around 23.

Some Western Australians say even pick 23 is too much, but I think they’re probably trolling.
It's very unlikely to be straight up 23. Probably be similar to a few trades like the Oliver Henry trade where pies were after a late first or the Lobb trade where freo were after a first. 2 2nds or 2nd and a player. Personally would choose the latter because the amount of talent coming out.

If he chooses West Coast it could end up being a 4-way trade involving hawks, freo, wc and tigers and potentially Bolton too.
If he choses WC Id be expecting him to end up back at Richmond with no trade done. Eagles CEO Don Pyke has been openly talking about WC's desire to go full rebuild mode with their new coach. If you've actually heard what's come out of Eagles management in recent times it's absurd to reach the conclusion they would trade out a 28 year old in Barrass only to bring in a 26 year old who doesn't fill a key list requirement for them with comparable trade assets. Yep. WC would still be interested in trading for Baker but they'll be offering a price that highly likely Richmond would accept. I think in that circumstance Richmond will increase their offer and he'll stay at Richmond as the best trade offer I think you'll get is an offer around their second and a later pick so Richmond won't accept. Bookmark my post.

If he choses WC Id be expecting him to end up back at Richmond with no trade done. Eagles CEO Don Pyke has been openly talking about WC's desire to go full rebuild mode with their new coach. If you've actually heard what's come out of Eagles management in recent times it's absurd to reach the conclusion they would trade out a 28 year old in Barrass only to bring in a 26 year old who doesn't fill a key list requirement for them with comparable trade assets. Yep. WC would still be interested in trading for Baker but they'll be offering a price that highly likely Richmond would accept. I think in that circumstance Richmond will increase their offer and he'll stay at Richmond as the best trade offer I think you'll get is an offer around their second and a later pick so Richmond won't accept. Bookmark my post.
Richmond is aware he's uncontracted, so they would accept that deal.

Why would he? He already has long term deals from 3 teams.
Well I for one think it perfectly rational that he would put 1.5 to 2 million dollars plus at risk because he was worried Richmond might end up with the points equivalent of pick 22, instead of 15, at the trade table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with most but it would almost be unprecedented for an uncontracted player to formally request a trade then walk back no? Has it ever happened before? Because there (should be) such a large difference between how he's valued between Richmond and WC, one of three things happen IMO?
1) West Coast look like turkeys trading a reasonable price for him
2) Richmond get shafted
3) He turns tail and ends up at Freo for something close to fair (though I swear to God if Pickett did pretty much ask for a trade but didnt fully commit because of Baker...)

Last edited:
I agree with most but it would almost be unprecedented for an uncontracted player to formally request a trade then walk back no? Has it ever happened before? Because there (should be) such a large difference between how he's valued between Richmond and WC, one of three things happen IMO?
1) West Coast look like turkeys trading a reasonable price for him
2) Richmond get shafted
3) He turns tail and ends up at Freo for something close to fair (though I swear to God if Pickett did pretty much ask for a trade but didnt fully commit because of Baker...)

It happened with Swans and Hawks.

Forgot the players name, but he was a forward mid. He finished his career at Swans.

I think that's crap, West Coast have made it well known they are concerned with their 22 to 27 year age group. That's where Baker sits, not just his playing ability but also his leadership qualities is exactly why West Coast are chasing him.
Where I differ from most Richmond supporters is I believe it will be for pick 23, I unashamedly get disagreed with on our board because it's got to be pick 12 blah blah Vice Captain highly regarded etc etc.
He won't be staying at Richmond because it would mean a new contract, this isnt Bolton or Rioli.

I think that's crap, West Coast have made it well known they are concerned with their 22 to 27 year age group. That's where Baker sits, his leadership qualities is exactly why West Coast are chasing him.
Where I differ from most Richmond supporters is I believe it will be for pick 23, I unashamedly get disagreed with on our board because it's pick 12 blah blah Vice Captain highly regarded.
He won't be staying at Richmond because it would mean a new contract, this isnt Bolton or Rioli.
We'd have to up our offer and move to WA to get him to stay lol.

I think that's crap, West Coast have made it well known they are concerned with their 22 to 27 year age group. That's where Baker sits, not just his playing ability but also his leadership qualities is exactly why West Coast are chasing him.
Where I differ from most Richmond supporters is I believe it will be for pick 23, I unashamedly get disagreed with on our board because it's got to be pick 12 blah blah Vice Captain highly regarded etc etc.
I think their could be a small inconsequential upgrade chucked in to help. Pay Graham enough for 22 then 23 and Hawks future 2nd for 30 or something.

The F2 and 30 net out but work for each party given the picks they'll have and the boosted Graham puts it over the line.

So you think what Im saying is crap but the trade Im proposing is actually their secodn rounder and change when what you are suggesting is simply thier second rounder. By the way what Im actually saying is I don't think Richmond will agree with that trade suggestion so there will be a stalemate and if that happens I think Richmond will up their financial offer and he'll stay. I cant see him nominating to get to the PSD.

I think their could be a small inconsequential upgrade chucked in to help. Pay Graham enough for 22 then 23 and Hawks future 2nd for 30 or something.

The F2 and 30 net out but work for each party given the picks they'll have and the boosted Graham puts it over the line.
I agree something like that is likely or if Richmond think thats massive unders I think they'll up their offer and he'll stay. It all depends ironically if Richmond rate Baker as high as some of their supporters do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Liam Baker - Now a West Coast Eagle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back