Confirmed Liam Baker - Now a West Coast Eagle

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Haha yeah I agree, I said from the start that Baker makes no sense for Eagles. But that's on your list manager, not poor Liam Baker and Matt Owies.
Pyke would've approved it, which is even worse tbh.

As a 'Rebuilding side', we sold the farm to get 2 out of contract short people and slid back to what will be a pick around 15 on draft night.

A 'Contending' club moved up the order to draft a midfielder for immediate impact.

We'd better end up with both of Hawks firsts next year to even remotely look at salvaging this.

You’ll warm to him, seriously
As someone said on our board, he'll have to win a flag or a Brownlow. Tim Kelly is still underrated on our board because of dumb decisions not of his making.

Honestly just feeling pity for WCE long suffering supporters

Sure I wanted to “win” the trade

But getting pick 14 when I thought he was worth 16-18 and WCE supporters thought he was worth 21-23 was enough for me

This feels devastating for WCE supporters on the back of a few very tough years

Doesn’t sit well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As someone said on our board, he'll have to win a flag or a Brownlow. Tim Kelly is still underrated on our board because of dumb decisions not of his making.
People should be aiming their (rightful) anger at Clarke and Pyke.

Pick 14 is slight overs, but not a disaster. Baker will be very good, Owies will be handy.

Splitting 3 is insanity in this draft. The fact that an about to be delisted Owies was the catalyst to make it happen, crazy.

I really look forward to watching Bakes with you guys.

But I really feel for the supporter base and take no joy from this. This place is fun for banter and some occasional quality discussion, but if this was a trade by my club, I’d be gutted.

Made so much more sense for a Bolton and Baker to go to Fremantle for their 3 top 20 picks, I’m sure Richmond could have helped with the salary cap part.

This will still make West Coast a better side, but to trade pick 3 while still being a few years off top 8 is strange.

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Pyke would've approved it, which is even worse tbh.

As a 'Rebuilding side', we sold the farm to get 2 out of contract short people and slid back to what will be a pick around 15 on draft night.

A 'Contending' club moved up the order to draft a midfielder for immediate impact.

We'd better end up with both of Hawks firsts next year to even remotely look at salvaging this.

You will get our Future 3rd for TB and you will be happy.

Clarke is a VICBias plant.

One thing you shouldn't have to accept as a supporter is self sabotage. Give me plenty of 170 point losses at the bottom of a rebuild over that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Liam Baker - Now a West Coast Eagle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back