Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Hes a big body, in his 20s, trains extremely hard and would give it a real crack at the Tigers. Cant get a run as a forward in the Eagles side so would be ideal for Richmond.
194cm mid/fwd would be good, I know the Tigers lack some bigger bodies in the side

Funnily enough the 1 thing we don't really need is a mid size forward. We have several of those already. Culley isn't a key forward, he'd be playing 3rd banana and thats something we already have with Bauer, Lefau and Brown finished the season playing that role too.

He plays the positions we have depth in, we just couldnt fit another 190cm+ bloke in the front half. We already had too many with Darling being the extra
We have enough middle of the road/non elite in that area. Bauer, Lefau, Gray, Kosi (ugh), Fawcett, Ryan.

I would be disappointed if he ended up part of it. Not on ability, but on need.

We're losing Rioli, Bolton, Graham, Baker and we've had Dusty retire. We need a certain type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't stress Eagles fans, you can laugh back at those Freo posters when they over pay for Bolton too 👍
With WC paying p13 for baker your recruiting manager will be so beside himself with laughter that wallsy will quickly push the contract in front of him whisper a few sweet nothings in his ear and get old m8 to sign off Shai for p10 and f3 without realising just what happened!

😎

Any pick sub 20 for Baker is way too much. I'm sick of my club continually getting rolled over come the trade period. We need to be bringing young talent IN, not trading it away. This is the kind of crap the Dockers would've done in their first 10 years in the league.
The Dockers gave us pick 2 for Chris Bond. You're a long way from that territory.

Reads like a Victorian journo trying to get clicks.;)
He's a WA jerno.

Hello WC Fans :hearteyes:

Little Boy Reaction GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

Any pick sub 20 for Baker is way too much. I'm sick of my club continually getting rolled over come the trade period. We need to be bringing young talent IN, not trading it away. This is the kind of crap the Dockers would've done in their first 10 years in the league.
Exactly

Since we folded to Geelong on the Kelly trade we have been picked over like a carcass club.

trying to think of a good trade we have made recently...............
even one we tried to make...........

It won't be 13 alone for Baker, his value is probably late teens, so the idea the Eagles would simply overpay cause that's all we have is absurd. Most likely answer is 13 for Baker and something coming back, probably 21, the question is if Richmond thinks that's overpaying back. Personally I'd rather have pick 13 because the talent there is better, but in a deep draft, 21 is still valuable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back