Confirmed Liam Baker - Now a West Coast Eagle

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Feel for Baker (and Owies).
They will be on a hiding to nothing from WC fans.

Not because of what they output on the field, but their perception that what they gave up for them was too much.

Would have been a better fit for Freo as they are in contention, but credit to West Coast for convincing him to come over and getting the deal done.

When guys like Warner and Pickett want to come to WA next year, their respective clubs and player managers will know the Eagles can get the deals done if they choose to go there.
Ok den

I told you eagles fans weeks ago, good Richmond man Matty Clarke :)

It's all part of the plan to finish West Coast off with getting Harley Reid to the Tigers in 2 years time.

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know eagles fans aren’t happy about splitting 3 but that aside they have secured a fantastic player in Baker

Extremely versatile and will be an important cog in what West Coast build in the future

It might be sour now purely because pick 3 was split but 14 for Baker is a very good deal

How did they have to add points for Carlton, like, what the actual ****. I'm getting angry on behalf of WC fans now

Agreed.

Break the 2 trades apart and you get the Carlton trade being.

3 for 12, 14, Owies and a swap of later picks in Carlton's favor.

That's just brutal.

They must really rate Owies, or they got bent over without lube.

Sorry, Falc. Couldn't resist.

While I'm here and now the trade is official, might as well do a welfare check.

stallon ?
bzparkes ?
@tugga247 ?

We do now! And 14!
If I ever see any of Clarke or Pyke in the street, I'll go full Will Smith v Chris Rock on them.

Most mind-blowingly stupid thing I've ever seen in my time following AFL.

Shit deal overall for Eagles but you've got a beauty in Baker. Has been harshly marked in here by most Freo and Eagles fans cos they were stressing about overpaying for him, but the guy is a jet and will become a fan favorite very quickly.
Dude, uppercut yourself.

He's going to have to win the Brownlow for fans not to want this campaigner sacked on the spot. Could've just requested Freo and the dumb****s in charge of this s**tstain of a club couldn't have ****ed up this trade.

I know eagles fans aren’t happy about splitting 3 but that aside they have secured a fantastic player in Baler

Extremely versatile and will be an extremely important cog in what West Coast build in the future

It might be sour now purely because pick 3 was split but 14 for Baker is a very good deal

14 is probably slight overs, but compared to the rest of the deal, it looks like gold.

I can't help but think that Richmond could/should have been open to 10 or 11 + Baker for 3, which would have been a better deal for WCE (and even that WCE fans here were strongly against).

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Liam Baker - Now a West Coast Eagle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back