Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Sorry to quote your post as your a Richmond supporter just like me, but the bolded part is why I don't get the whole Baker to West Coast thing. If he's to make their rebuild a lot less painful then surely we give him a good contract to help our own rebuild. West Coast and us are in very similar positions, maybe they're ahead of our rebuild by a year or two but it's not much ahead.

We all know West Coast have to give up good draft capital to get him, why don't they just hit the draft instead. If I were a West Coast supporter that's what I'd want.
Richmond did offer him a good contract with talk of future captaincy.

He chose to go home to WA, which is fair enough.

It's fun to take the piss and I hope we take Eagles to the cleaners.....but seriously Eagles fans will love this guy from day 1, whatever they end up paying. I will miss him, one of my favorites 😞
Absolutely 100%.

If you talk to the average Tigers fan (not on BF), they are sad to see him go and would like him to stay.

It's fun to take the piss and I hope we take Eagles to the cleaners.....but seriously Eagles fans will love this guy from day 1, whatever they end up paying. I will miss him, one of my favorites 😞
I dont think anybody will be upset about having him, its entirely about price.
We genuinely consider his value to be close to pick 20, and then considering hes OOC the general state of play is that means we get a discount.

We dont know how the trade will happen but definitely happy to have him.

Flexibility in role will make it easier to bring kids in to play their natural roles rather than trying to fit them on a half forward or something like most young mids generally do, and more leadership is always a plus

We genuinely consider his value to be close to pick 20, and then considering hes OOC the general state of play is that means we get a discount.

Flexibility in role will make it easier to bring kids in to play their natural roles rather than trying to fit them on a half forward or something like most young mids generally do, and more leadership is always a plus
It will probably end up being slight overs but no one will remember that in a few years time. Flexibility, leadership, culture. He's so under rated externally. Hope he does well.

Pick 20 alone surely doesn't get it done. I would have thought 2nd plus future 2nd minimum

Who is We?

Pick 20 alone surely doesn't get it done. I would have thought 2nd plus future 2nd minimum
General consensus is he's worth 15-20, so two picks in the 20s is massively overpaying. Richmond fans want 13 with a third going back. Eagles fans want 23 with maybe a third going your way. Unless both fans are salty, it's not a fair deal.

Sorry to quote your post as your a Richmond supporter just like me, but the bolded part is why I don't get the whole Baker to West Coast thing. If he's to make their rebuild a lot less painful then surely we give him a good contract to help our own rebuild. West Coast and us are in very similar positions, maybe they're ahead of our rebuild by a year or two but it's not much ahead.

We all know West Coast have to give up good draft capital to get him, why don't they just hit the draft instead. If I were a West Coast supporter that's what I'd want.
We do want that.

General consensus is he's worth 15-20, so two picks in the 20s is massively overpaying. Richmond fans want 13 with a third going back. Eagles fans want 23 with maybe a third going your way. Unless both fans are salty, it's not a fair deal.
Massively overpaying? No way
The rest of your post I agreed with though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massively overpaying? No way
The rest of your post I agreed with though
In a deep draft, picks in the 20s have some decent value. If we agree his highest value is 15, 23 is an eight pick downgrade. To then throw in another 20s pick is definitely overpaying. A third round pick sounds fairer, particularly given people seem to think there will be gems all the way up to the 40s (still have to nail the pick though).

In a deep draft, picks in the 20s have some decent value. If we agree his highest value is 15, 23 is an eight pick downgrade. To then throw in another 20s pick is definitely overpaying. A third round pick sounds fairer, particularly given people seem to think there will be gems all the way up to the 40s (still have to nail the pick though).

Before all this talk of firsts being involved (from the start I thought it would be tough to get a 1st from you guys for obvious reasons but happy to be wrong), my thoughts were always, Pick 23, plus F2 for a 3rd coming back, maybe thats your own back, so something like 23 + F2 with 41 going back.

Before all this talk of firsts being involved (from the start I thought it would be tough to get a 1st from you guys for obvious reasons but happy to be wrong), my thoughts were always, Pick 23, plus F2 for a 3rd coming back, maybe thats your own back, so something like 23 + F2 with 41 going back.
That seems reasonable. We get to keep both our firsts, which is essential for a rebuilding team, Richmond get two seconds spread across two seasons, we need more picks in this year's draft so that third would be handy (or make it a future third as I believe we may need some points for next year).

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back