Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Not close enough. To trade up from pick 20 to 17 itd cost a late 2nd round pick at least, thats not small
Yeah, it'll probably be Bakes and 39 for 13. I mean, 17.

In this draft there are 40+ who'd go top-25 in any other draft. So, just look at it as Bakes plus 25 for 17 and you're fleecing us.

17 is close to 20.

17 is between 15 and 20.

Pick 13 will be pick 17 by the time it's used.

It's pick 17.
I don't play that game and I doubt list managers do either. I know which players are academy or F/S selections and don't even factor them in to the list of potential draftees. Pick 13 of the available players is too high.

I don't play that game and I doubt list managers do either.
Of course they do.

Let's say in a couple of years time the top 40 kids are all tied to clubs via academies and f/son. Richmond has managed to secure picks 1, 2, 3 and 4 and offers them all for Harley Reid. What a deal! The best 4 available players!

DerpWow, imagine a players highlights looking good.

I thought they would show all the bad kicks they did. :p
cool

awkward ricky gervais GIF

Matt Clarke and mini know exactly what they are getting with baker exactly why Clarke has gone after him, Fremantle too. Tough as nails, can play multiple positions to a high level, Bleeds for his club and is a leader. I have no.doubt we will end up with a mid to late 1st round be it this year or next years draft.
Will definitely miss him was a fan favourite for.most.

If WC are shitty about paying 13 for Baker, surely we can do some later pick swaps in their favour and depending on the Graham contract and compensation might be able to send that back their way.

If WC are shitty about paying 13 for Baker, surely we can do some later pick swaps in their favour and depending on the Graham contract and compensation might be able to send that back their way.
This goes both ways. If Richmond are upset with accepting West Coast's future second for Baker, we can offer pick swaps as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd expect a second rounder back with Baker if we trade pick 13 for him. Under Nisbett we'd pay overs for him. Under Pyke I reckon we walk away if Richmond want to play silly buggers.
I still think West coasts 2nd rounder this season or 2025 2nd rounder should be enough or fair.

If You are asking for a 2nd rounder back that is essentially Pick 13 for baker and 22 or 26.

Tigers rather hand you pick 38-40 and baker for 13, but we all know Eagles wont accept that.

Looks like 13 is on the table with later pick swaps, I don't give a fat bellied chef's apron what those later picks are, so lets assume that 13 is on the table.

Would the Eagles be better off taking Baker & 10 for 3 and keeping 13?

Eagles out Pick 3, get 10 & 13 (plus the chef's apron) and Baker

Looks like 13 is on the table with later pick swaps, I don't give a fat bellied chef's apron what those later picks are, so lets assume that 13 is on the table.

10 and Baker for 3 is very yucky.
Not giving us very good options here

10 and Baker for 3 is very yucky.
Not giving us very good options here
Yep. I would like to think that if we were to split pick 3 it would be for a pick no lower than 6 and for an extra pick rather than a player.

More about how yucky or unpalatable the trade cost of 13 is.

Is 10 & 13 & Baker better than 3 & Baker?
10 doesnt cut it, need one of the top 6 mids or Travaglia, 10 doesnt guarantee that. I wouldnt part with 3 unless a top 7 pick was coming back.
Id prefer to lose 13, but again both options are shit

10 doesnt cut it, need one of the top 6 mids or Travaglia, 10 doesnt guarantee that. I wouldnt part with 3 unless a top 7 pick was coming back.
Id prefer to lose 13, but again both options are shit
I think this is where recruiters earn their stripes, this draft is quite deep and whilst you may miss out on a Travaglia you'll pick up other gems and there'll be quite a few available before that pick 15 range, Berry and Hotton come to mind, not to mention Bo Allan who'll still be on the board.

Next years draft looks to be compromised with Academy picks so it makes sense to get picks this year.

I'd seriously consider who would still be on the board at 10 & 13, they could well be better than who you get at pick 3

WC boy wanting to come home is great, but the truth is he won't be part of the next flag, and this is when we need to recruit the core. Helping the tigers with their rebuild is not a goal of West Coast. I hope.

I think this is where recruiters earn their stripes, this draft is quite deep and whilst you may miss out on a Travaglia you'll pick up other gems and there'll be quite a few available before that pick 15 range, Berry and Hotton come to mind, not to mention Bo Allan who'll still be on the board.

Next years draft looks to be compromised with Academy picks so it makes sense to get picks this year.

I'd seriously consider who would still be on the board at 10 & 13, they could well be better than who you get at pick 3
Ive looked at the draft, and its really only 2-3 of the top 6 mids or Travaglia I want in the top 10, I highly doubt we get any of them with pick 9 or 10. Dont want Allan, Berry, or Hotton with a top 13 pick, id be hoping for Lindsay if we have 13 still

We need talent at the pointy end too

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker [reportedly headed west]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back