Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

No one in their right mind would split a top 3 pick for Liam Baker.

Will be keeping my fingers crossed he wear purple if he comes home.

Don’t wont him at West Coast, will cost to much in draft capital.
Would not be a wise use of a decent pick.
Baker's form in recent times has been woeful as he's playing full time midfield. I think Richmond world accept your second and third rounder as a trade now.

Well that clearly depends on a myriad of options, dont hate bro, relax eh!
No one's splitting a top 3 pick for Baker so why bring it up? I doubt West Coast would offer their second and third rounder now that the club has said they are going full rebuild. Good news is Baker will probably stay at Richmond as I think Richmond would value him higher than West Coast or Freo would.

Big Brother Popcorn GIF by Pop TV

Genuinely would rather the second, really don’t think he makes sense for WC.
In Cal Twomey's latest draft preview he said that this draft has good talent all the way to pick 40. I cant see the Eagles giving up a second rounder now either. Not that I dont think Bakers a good player (when he's playing either half forward or half back) but rather he doesn't fill a need for West Coast.

its much more likely and reasonable and sustainable than paying impey $800k, or Josh Battle 900k

Baker has the runs on the board
Rubbish. Baker's form has dropped off so much its highly unlikely WC's second rounder would be on the table now. Good news for you. Richmond will rate him higher than WC and Fremantle so he'll likely resign. Hopefully for your sake Richmond never has to play him as a full time midfielder ever again as he is a defensive liability when playing as a midfielder.

Rubbish. Baker's form has dropped off so much its highly unlikely WC's second rounder would be on the table now. Good news for you. Richmond will rate him higher than WC and Fremantle so he'll likely resign. Hopefully for your sake Richmond never has to play him as a full time midfielder ever again as he is a defensive liability when playing as a midfielder.
I dont think it works like that for someone with as many runs on the board as Baker, his form wont impact his value short of getting dropped I wouldnt think. Teams know what they are getting.

I dont think it works like that for someone with as many runs on the board as Baker, his form wont impact his value short of getting dropped I wouldnt think. Teams know what they are getting.
Either way the interest of both WA clubs would have dropped off since earlier this year. For WC it would be because they are now going full rebuild mode. For us it would be because I think we need the salary space to make a play for Warner and also because we already have Switta and Young rotating in the position I think Baker would play if we got him and that's as a high half forward.

That's the view if you have the memory of a goldfish

My memory of Liam Baker is that he has finished

9th in best and fairest 2019
6th in best and fairest 2020
2nd in best and fairest 2021
4th in best and fairest 2022
6th in best and fairest 2023

He is one of the toughest and most consistent utilities in the AFL

That's why he is being offered 5 x 900k, and that's why you will pay pick 10, and you will love it

That was a Ralph article right? If WC break up their first to spend on Baker where it's widely regarded as incredibly deep and you can get awesome value in the top 20 and 40 then there needs to be a march on the club. Would be absolute insanity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
That's the view if you have the memory of a goldfish

My memory of Liam Baker is that he has finished

9th in best and fairest 2019
6th in best and fairest 2020
2nd in best and fairest 2021
4th in best and fairest 2022
6th in best and fairest 2023

He is one of the toughest and most consistent utilities in the AFL

That's why he is being offered 5 x 900k, and that's why you will pay pick 10, and you will love it

Your memory isn't so flash. 2019 he finished equal 13th, with Cotchin, Nankervis and Riewoldt playing limited games. He realistically would have been around the bottom 6 (still a good effort) of a premiership best 22.

He did finish 6th the next season. But Nankervis, Prestia, Edwards, Houli, Astbury missed half the season and would have finished above him otherwise. And other guys Baker just beat like Lynch, Riewoldt, Cotchin ... nobody in their right mind would say Baker is better than them. Again, he is down near the bottom 6 of a good side.

If he comes to Freo, we obviously aren't as good as peak Richmond, so he would be a bit better than a bottom 6 player in our best 22. But not by much. He'd be in the 12th-15th bracket.

Can't be bothered searching the rest, but finishing high in the B&F can be misleading. We've had guys like Tucker, Schultz, Ethan Hughes finish high up in our B&Fs. Baker has probably finished ahead of Dusty in some B&Fs.

What a player !!!! every fan from 3 teams begging , hoping and cheering* for him to not be at their club

* that includes tiggy dribblers pretending the want him to stay as if that will get them a better pick

Freo bound for sure IMO stupid POS trades are in our DNA and it would feel like ages since the ****heads in charge traded for that useless campaigner JOM and they are probably having withdrawal symptoms

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
What a player !!!! every fan from 3 teams begging , hoping and cheering* for him to not be at their club

* that includes tiggy dribblers pretending the want him to stay as if that will get them a better pick

Freo bound for sure IMO stupid POS trades are in our DNA and it would feel like ages since the ****heads in charge traded for that useless campaigner JOM and they are probably having withdrawal symptoms

Tigers fans want him but are accepting of the fact that he wants to go home. Now we just want the best deal possible.
Eagles want him but he doesn't make sense for them with the situation they're in.
Freo fans want him, but for unders.

Tigers fans want him but are accepting of the fact that he wants to go home. Now we just want the best deal possible.
Eagles want him but he doesn't make sense for them with the situation they're in.

What a crock

You realise anyone on BF can read any teams trade thread don’t you

Maybe you think anything people say on club boards are secret

Tigers “ we need PICKS “

Eagles “ we need PICKS “

Freo “ 900k ? NFW “

What a crock

You realise anyone on BF can read any teams trade thread don’t you

Maybe you think anything people say on club boards are secret

Tigers “ we need PICKS “

Eagles “ we need PICKS “

Freo “ 900k ? NFW “

You'll find most tigers fans would prefer to offload Rioli and keep Baker and Bolton
Yes, I said he doesn't make sense to Eagles given their situation. If he was a free agent he would've been perfect for them.
Doubt Baker gets $900k from anyone. Any Freo fan that says they don't want Liam Baker in their side is lying. As I said, they want him for unders.

It is highly doubtful the Eagles would want him now unless the trade was massively under Baker's market value. No way known even the Eagles 2nd rounder will be on the table now.

Freo fans don't want Baker unless he wants to be at the club. Evidence would suggest he doesn't.

Seems bizarre to me that should he want to go home he so clearly wants to go to the Eagles

What’s going on at Freo that they can’t get that preference pick over the line?

Stop spoiling the fun let him continue

Bakers value is like the stock exchange and will fluctuate by the game according to some who claim we dont know how trades work :p

Common Matty Clarke time to pay Tigers back for giving you credibility

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back