Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Its frustrating that so many cant see it. There is a reason he has been so loved by the RFC army, he is a footballer footballer.

He's my favourite current player, he shows up every week, hard as a cat's head, skills and can play back, forward and mid. I would have been happy with him as next captain so shattered to see him go, I'd probably overrate him too.

I'm happy to say I'd rather keep him than Shai Bolton, I've said that to a few opposition supporters and they think I'm crazy.

Not sure why this is in any way a controversial view .

Who said anything about it being a controversial view?

One post you said a pick in that range, then you said points in that range. These are not the same thing.

Let's take pick 15, I guess you're telling me you will accept picks 50-54 given they're of even greater points value?

He's my favourite current player, he shows up every week, hard as a cat's head, skills and can play back, forward and mid. I would have been happy with him as next captain so shattered to see him go, I'd probably overrate him too.

I'm happy to say I'd rather keep him than Shai Bolton, I've said that to a few opposition supporters and they think I'm crazy.

You’d go to war with Baker. You go to the club with Bolton.

I’d rather dance!

But, I’m a huge advocate for Baker and bit disappointed our board don’t really consider him as value.

You’d go to war with Baker. You go to the club with Bolton.

I’d rather dance!

But, I’m a huge advocate for Baker and bit disappointed our board don’t really consider him as value.

Bolton is a player that gets noticed by opposition players because of his flashes of brilliance, they probably don't notice how wasteful he is in front of goal, how he cracks the shits and gives away frees when we're getting beaten or he's not getting a kick. He's not a leader you need in a team who is going to be ordinary for some years, Baker would be.

That said I think they're both gone from what I hear, not the only ones too.

Who said anything about it being a controversial view?

One post you said a pick in that range, then you said points in that range. These are not the same thing.

Let's take pick 15, I guess you're telling me you will accept picks 50-54 given they're of even greater points value?

Again, I will work on the assumption that you are being genuine here

However, West Coast do not have Pick 50,51,52,53 and 54.

But you are on the right track

They have 3, 23 and 59, and all their picks next year

They could offer 23 and F2 ( even if that gets to pick 26- 30) and we could give them back a pick in the 40s, and that would work within my expected range

It could also work with the Barrass pick, especially if they get something from hawthorn that's from the 2025 draft

Plenty of ways we can get the value, it could also be manipulated with the Jack Graham FA, just like it was with Tyrone Vickery, remember the pick that ended up being Shai Bolton

This deal will get done, these guys have worked together for a decade, no one is getting screwed, not sure why everyone is so sensitive about it.

Bolton, while a super talent, is flaky as they come from my outsiders view. Picks and chooses when to turn up. We have plenty of those already on our list This isn't meant to sound bad but he'd suit Freo. He seems a "cherry on top" sort of player.

As a WC supporter I'm probably in the minority but I see the value in adding Baker for all the reasons you've said. We're just not in a position to be giving away picks for guys in the 2nd half of their career. 23 or an F2 I'd be pretty happy with.

Ideally something like we get Hawks 1st plus their F2 (for Barrass) and pass on our F2 for Baker.

My personal opinion is if he costs more than that I reckon it's just too much for where we are at. No idea what the club thinks though

Again, I will work on the assumption that you are being genuine here

However, West Coast do not have Pick 50,51,52,53 and 54.

But you are on the right track

Picks in that range aren’t difficult to acquire.

Why avoid answering the question?

If a WA club has those picks, you’re happy to accept them for Baker?

As a WC supporter I'm probably in the minority but I see the value in adding Baker for all the reasons you've said. We're just not in a position to be giving away picks for guys in the 2nd half of their career. 23 or an F2 I'd be pretty happy with.
Don't think Richmond would be. They'd want both.

Bolton, while a super talent, is flaky as they come from my outsiders view. Picks and chooses when to turn up. We have plenty of those already on our list This isn't meant to sound bad but he'd suit Freo. He seems a "cherry on top" sort of player.

Ideally something like we get Hawks 1st plus their F2 (for Barrass) and pass on our F2 for Baker.

My personal opinion is if he costs more than that I reckon it's just too much for where we are at. No idea what the club thinks though

He'd be a good addition to a finals team i reckon, not if you're in the lower half of the ladder.

As for the value of Baker don't ask me, I can't be unbiased. Sounds like he's gone so we're not in a great position to bargain, it is what it is.

If what mate?

Strange you seem so reluctant to answer…

Look you have made a claim that it would be easy for west coast could get pick 50,51,52,53,54

That’s 5 picks from 5 clubs

You tell me how that is going to happen and I will answer

You seem to be really keen on holding people to account yet somehow you think you do not have to be .

This is your fairytale mate let’s hear it .

You have clearly put a lot of thought and time in this , you looked up the draft table points , pulled out your calculator added them up , and then came up with a scenario , good job , now let me know hiw this is going to occur let’s hear it .

5 picks from 5 clubs , how are they going to get them ?

You said it would be easy , explain it to me please.

Look you have made a claim that it would be easy for west coast could get pick 50,51,52,53,54

That’s 5 picks from 5 clubs

You tell me how that is going to happen and I will answer

You seem to be really keen on holding people to account yet somehow you think you do not have to be .

This is your fairytale mate let’s hear it .

You have clearly put a lot of thought and time in this , you looked up the draft table points , pulled out your calculator added them up , and then came up with a scenario , good job , now let me know hiw this is going to occur let’s hear it .

5 picks from 5 clubs , how are they going to get them ?

You said it would be easy , explain it to me please.

I said it would be easy because it is easy. Picks in that range are exchanged all the time, in deals of all sorts.

Many clubs bow out of the draft before it gets to that range.

It is noted that you refuse to answer what is a really simple question. I wonder why?

You made a ridiculous claim, own it rather than continuing to deflect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said it would be easy because it is easy. Picks in that range are exchanged all the time, in deals of all sorts.

Many clubs bow out of the draft before it gets to that range.

It is noted that you refuse to answer what is a really simple question. I wonder why?

You made a ridiculous claim, own it rather than continuing to deflect.

Yea it’s easy but you won’t explain how

I’m not getting anything of value from this so best I just move on

Good luck with everything

Yea it’s easy but you won’t explain how

I’m not getting anything of value from this so best I just move on

Good luck with everything

How does a trade work?

Team A trades X to team B.
Team B trades pick to team A.

This isn’t a difficult concept to grasp. There is no need for me to get more specific than that.

Ciao. You will be missed. :kissingheart:

It's ironic given how highly they rate a 29 year old with a degenerative back condition.

Very simple concept to understand.

Demand v supply.

It's a key economic factor that influences value.

Barrass is a player in low supply and high demand.

In comparison Baker is a player with higher supply lower demand.

Basic key economic principle that has been understood for a very, very long time.

I can't believe a thread about Liam Baker has over 5,000 replies. He is good but ghee whiz.

I can't believe a thread about Liam Baker has over 5,000 replies. He is good but ghee whiz.

2 big fan bases looking for a glimmer of light in the darkness and the trade week town bike club thrown in to spice things up

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pick 3 for Baker?

West Coast would be open to trading its No. 3 pick to Richmond if it secures Liam Baker with all options open as both WA clubs await an official decision on the Tigers vice-captain.
The depth of the draft means the Eagles might be prepared to accept a pick back later in the top 10 if they secure their man.

Richmond’s new chief executive Shane Dunne this week warned rivals it will take something “extraordinary” to drag contracted players Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli out of Punt Rd.

Baker is uncontracted, and while he is leaning towards the Eagles, his management has told the Dockers and West Coast he is yet to come to an official decision.

With quality WA-based talent later in the first round like Bo Allan, the Eagles could be prepared to hand the Tigers a second top-three selection, secure Baker and then still take an early pick.

The Eagles will also secure pick 12 from Hawthorn as part of the Tom Barrass trade, but will also want another selection in this year or next year’s draft.

Hawthorn has made clear to the Eagles it will not play hardball, but West Coast will want more than pick 12 for the contracted premiership defender.

Despite some industry speculation, the Eagles are not particularly interested in uncontracted Hawks’ former top-10 pick Denver Grainger Barras, so at this stage he will not be part of that deal.

As Gold Coast’s Wayne Campbell said this week, the Suns would be fair in their dealings with Rioli, but Dunne has drawn his own line in the sand.

He told the Talking Tigers podcast that because the pair are contracted – although Baker is out of contract – the Tigers could play hard ball.

“Clearly those guys have made their decisions and that is what they want to look at and there are a whole range of reasons for that and we are supportive of that, however they are contracted players and it will take an extraordinary deal to make those moves,” Dunne said.

“We get to work with (the) clubs in WA – and Gold Coast – to make those deals happen. There is still a long time to go, there will be a lot of talk, but we are in control of that.”

Obviously, as stated in the article, another top 10 is coming back.

Dropping from 3-6 and getting Baker is a win for us but by too large a margin I’d imagine. 3-9 for Baker I would be OK with, depending on what else happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back