old_fella

Rookie
Sep 20, 2002
Enemy Territory
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Spurs
Did anyone hear Libba and Darcy on 3AW on the weekend?

Libba said he was offered the assistant job at Doggies and then it was withdrawn. He said he told the Club in the job interview that a few of the players weren't putting in enough in 2003 and he would fix that. I thought it was strange nothing more was made of that.

Darce didn't seem too concerned about losing his teamate Brown - more the opposite.

old_fella

I heard it. It was because Barry Richardson got involved i think. He also said that some ppl weren't doing enough....i think he was talking about the coaching staff...also critical of some senior players but didn't mention any names. Its interesting that he can have such strong opinions without being involved in the club this year.

I doubt that he was officially offered the job...i think its more likely that he was told he was going to be offered the job.

I don't think Libba should have said anything, but i suppose he has to look after no1 and doesn't want ppl thinking that Cameron got the job ahead of him, though that is what happened.

Originally posted by Isdogisgood
I heard it. It was because Barry Richardson got involved i think. He also said that some ppl weren't doing enough....i think he was talking about the coaching staff...also critical of some senior players but didn't mention any names. Its interesting that he can have such strong opinions without being involved in the club this year.

I doubt that he was officially offered the job...i think its more likely that he was told he was going to be offered the job.

I don't think Libba should have said anything, but i suppose he has to look after no1 and doesn't want ppl thinking that Cameron got the job ahead of him, though that is what happened.

Isdogisgood, what was the issue with Barry Richardson?

I think it was a case of him coming onto the scene and not wanting Libba to get the job....so they changed their minds. Barry Richardson must have some influence.

Originally posted by Isdogisgood

You don't have to be involved at the club to have these opinions.
Most people who follow footy would have to agree with him.
The Bulldogs served up crap last season and deserve all the criticisim they get.

Originally posted by old_fella

Darce didn't seem too concerned about losing his teamate Brown - more the opposite.

Thats because Darcy and Brown had a fallout because Brown didn't sign with the Dogs in the early stages of the contract negotiations.... Like Darcy did....

One Australian Representative for another, is what it comes down too

Difference being ones a desperately needed KPP at the Dogs, and another is the best Small forward in the AFL today..

According to Rohan Connolly, Dimma is reported to have said he is pleased to have retired, so hard are the boys training. Fit lads, harder attitude and a pack-mark in the forward line. Shades of 1996-1997

Originally posted by the ghost of alby smedts

You don't have to be involved at the club to have these opinions.
Most people who follow footy would have to agree with him.
The Bulldogs served up crap last season and deserve all the criticisim they get.

Anyone can have opinions but you have to wonder what they are based on.

I guess coming last will have something to do with saying the players weren't trying hard.

Actually if you look at the way Libba coached BoxHill they kept winning when the players had a bit of 'mongrel' in them.
Not as severe as the Dogs were a couple of years ago but still a bit of grit. Doing things off the ball (just bumping or pushing people around) meant players were always made to be active all the time.
That attitude then quickly flows onto other aspects of their footy (blocks, shepards, clearing space to move in, guarding the goal line, etc)
Whenever they stepped away from that attitude BoxHill were in trouble.
That is what cost weribee in the final -up by 50, boxhill did no muscle work early on. Then they started it up and we never realised and couldn't cope with it (weribee became too comfortable)

Some people want that as part of the way they play, while others don't. Barry probably believed that it comes back to bite you more often then you get an advantage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Libba & Darce on 3AW

Remove this Banner Ad

Back