Vic Lidia Thorpe: Not the subject for every thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing as Lidia discussion is cropping up across multiple threads, let's have us a thread for people who want to discuss her contribution to Australian politics.

It should go without saying but seeing as she's a bit of a beacon for controversy - for a variety of reasons - let's just remind ourselves what the board rules are around racism and sexism, shall we?
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which:
  • is dangerous to health, anti-vax, Covid denial etc,
  • is hateful, including sympathetic discussion of far-right/neo-Nazi tropes,
  • misinformation or disinformation,
  • defamatory,
  • threatening,
  • abusive,
  • bigotry,
  • likely to offend,
  • is spam or spam-like,
  • contains adult or objectionable content,
  • risks copyright infringement,
  • encourages unlawful activity (including illegal drug use, buying, selling etc),
  • or otherwise violates any laws,
  • or contains personal information of others.
Standard board rules apply, but let's make this abundantly clear: let's play nicely in here.

Go nuts.

It completely oversimplifies the issue.

How does a non-ownership approach coexist with modern systems of private land ownership in a modern society?

I also think despite the article’s broad philosophical argument, many Indigenous groups are absolutely interested in securing legal title ownership.

As I said, it's been happening for decades.

It's still happening now - see Balmoral Beach & Burleigh Headland in the GC.

I also want to preface it by saying I'm not at all against land restitution at it's core, it just requires a balance between historical justice and the rights of current Australians.
Awesome....you sound like a tightwad hi-pants dude who likes to speak eloquently but end up ruling the plebs
who deliver your coffee or tea bag and with a dash of silver...er sugar...
Welcome to my handy Andy tri colours...:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic Lidia Thorpe: Not the subject for every thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back