Vic Lidia Thorpe: Not the subject for every thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing as Lidia discussion is cropping up across multiple threads, let's have us a thread for people who want to discuss her contribution to Australian politics.

It should go without saying but seeing as she's a bit of a beacon for controversy - for a variety of reasons - let's just remind ourselves what the board rules are around racism and sexism, shall we?
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which:
  • is dangerous to health, anti-vax, Covid denial etc,
  • is hateful, including sympathetic discussion of far-right/neo-Nazi tropes,
  • misinformation or disinformation,
  • defamatory,
  • threatening,
  • abusive,
  • bigotry,
  • likely to offend,
  • is spam or spam-like,
  • contains adult or objectionable content,
  • risks copyright infringement,
  • encourages unlawful activity (including illegal drug use, buying, selling etc),
  • or otherwise violates any laws,
  • or contains personal information of others.
Standard board rules apply, but let's make this abundantly clear: let's play nicely in here.

Go nuts.

But they do speak on behalf of the majority. You and the other fat left mods are just so used to having your political bias reinforced on Bigfooty that you’ve lost touch with reality.
... Dude. C'mon.

You sure someone with your post and thread history is a credible source as to what reality is?

You’d no doubt have said the same to African Americans who sat at the front of the bus, or sat at lunch counters despite there being a sign up clearly saying whites only…

highly doubt that

Last edited:
Nailed it Nova. But I guess she’s just a racist also.
How? What did she say that was racist?

What I think is racist, is how racist people will race to find any single person of the same minority race, who is on 'their side', and holds them up as the 'correct' voice.

'See, I'm not racist! This one agrees with me!'.

But they almost never care about that person or their voice any other time.

Race, race, race.

1) why do you get to say how it “works”
Because i wasn't making a value judgement on you vs Thorpe
I was saying randoms on the internet saying their opinions are just as valid id a common occurrence but it means jack shit by itself

2) let’s assume I play along without your assumption. Lidia has more lived experience in the harms of colonisation I do not dispute. But it doesn’t mean she has expertise on any solution to the problem more than anyone else. She will approach the issue out of her personal biases and interests, as will everyone else
And again this is you saying everyone is equal so your opinion counts

3) last time I checked this country still operated on a one vote one value system.
Never said it didn't, we're not voting here though

4) now that I have humoured your view I ask again, how many “nuffies” like me are equal to lidias opinion in your view. Because if they are not equal, which is your assertion, then there must be some scale of difference and value
I mean i don't think they're equal and the fact you think a number of people agreeing with you would equal her opinion just shows the stupidity of it

Like that's just majority is right which from someone who has a job in science and regularly complains about people who aren't experts is pretty funny
5) of course you might just be being tiresome.
Oh I'm definitely tiresome but that doesn't change the fact that your opinion is just that

What you want and what's true isn't in any way related

Your own value of your opinion doesn't make it right or valuable

Because i wasn't making a value judgement on you vs Thorpe
I was saying randoms on the internet saying their opinions are just as valid id a common occurrence but it means jack shit by itself

And again this is you saying everyone is equal so your opinion counts

Never said it didn't, we're not voting here though

I mean i don't think they're equal and the fact you think a number of people agreeing with you would equal her opinion just shows the stupidity of it

Like that's just majority is right which from someone who has a job in science and regularly complains about people who aren't experts is pretty funny

Oh I'm definitely tiresome but that doesn't change the fact that your opinion is just that

What you want and what's true isn't in any way related

Your own value of your opinion doesn't make it right or valuable
And neither does your opinion on my opinion make your view right either.
Or Lidia's view on things is not necessarily right
We are dealing with a field with no objective right/ wrong/ provables; unlike most fields of science.

Edit: and that you clearly think thorp is unequivocally right and therefore if the whole world was saying she is wrong you would say she is still correct and stuff the rest of the world? That's cultish, almost MAGA Trump like.

Prove that she is right first, that might help your argument.

And there it is. Funny how a white person can’t criticise anyone other than a white person. As soon as it’s a black person being criticised it’s racist.

Take the blinkers off son. People of all walks of life can be criticised or ridiculed if they’re behaviour warrants it.

But I guess people like yourself will always look for reasons to call someone racist so you’ll always find it.

Sad headspace you have there. Ironically it’s short-sighted people like you that set society backwards instead of progressing it. Well done.
Everyone in this thread critiquing Thorpe is attacking her for how she behaved.

Not one single poster has presented a case that what Thorpe said was wrong.

Not one.

All you are worried about is the optics. Apparently Thorpe has spoken out of turn and while it is perfectly fine for “your side” to ignore convention and sign into multiple ministries or knowingly ignore the law your political opponents must conform to your every social convention.

You are all free speech warriors until someone says something you don’t like or want to hear. Then you instantly pile on.

You all know you are wrong not that it will ever stop you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thorpe's an idiot. Does she really think carrying on like a pork chop at the King during a parliamentary ceremony is going to win any friends?

She was a major contributor to the Voice failing, and so she has effectively harmed the people she represents. If I lived in Victoria, I'd be tempted to vote below the line just to put her last.
fortunately you don't live in victoria

And neither does your opinion on my opinion make your view right either.
Or Lidia's view on things is not necessarily right
We are dealing with a field with no objective right/ wrong/ provables; unlike most fields of science.

Edit: and that you clearly think thorp is unequivocally right and therefore if the whole world was saying she is wrong you would say she is still correct and stuff the rest of the world? That's cultish, almost MAGA Trump like.

Prove that she is right first, that might help your argument.
Nothing she said isn't true you just are against land back

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic Lidia Thorpe: Not the subject for every thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back