Multiplat Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Remove this Banner Ad

I just spoke to Chief and it popped up with a note that I won't return here for a while, is that the start to heading to Hawaii?

Nah. That comes up a few times and I was wondering if that was the point where you go to Hawaii as well. Of course I won't say when but trust me, you'll know exactly when you're going. It won't just whisk you away when you don't expect it, you'll definitely know.

Playing in Hawaii is a taste of what Ryukyu would be like if we got a Kiwami 3.

Wouldn't it be better to save them for higher levels?

True, but that is what side missions are for. :p

I figured I am at a good level now to always remain above the enemies and just continue to level up as normal.

Can confirm that Dwight (Danny Trejo) speaks both Japanese and English on the Japanese language track. Almost crapped myself when I heard Danny Trejo’s iconic voice after Dwight gets done speaking in Japanese. 😂

Can confirm that Dwight (Danny Trejo) speaks both Japanese and English on the Japanese language track. Almost crapped myself when I heard Danny Trejo’s iconic voice after Dwight gets done speaking in Japanese. 😂

Just on the languages, looks like I need to learn Japanese if I were to ever visit Hawaii 😂. To be fair though, I don't know how it could have worked properly with a language barrier.

Also having a bit of a chuckle of what must be the Japanese idea of Americans/westerners. Either really muscular or fat, and the women have massive cans.

I know I'm still very early. I'm into chapter 4 because I ran out of stuff to do but still only have 3 party members. It feels like I'm just hanging out with friends. We go do karaoke, then food delivery, do a couple rounds of that beginner area beating people up, grab some food then go play miss match, go do more karaoke etc.

Also having a bit of a chuckle of what must be the Japanese idea of Americans/westerners. Either really muscular or fat, and the women have massive cans.

I mean, it is a Yakuza game. Cartoonish stereotypes are a major trope in all of the games. Would be completely out of character to play a straight bat for the Americans 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on the languages, looks like I need to learn Japanese if I were to ever visit Hawaii 😂. To be fair though, I don't know how it could have worked properly with a language barrier.

I know I'm still very early. I'm into chapter 4 because I ran out of stuff to do but still only have 3 party members. It feels like I'm just hanging out with friends. We go do karaoke, then food delivery, do a couple rounds of that beginner area beating people up, grab some food then go play miss match, go do more karaoke etc.

I reckon Dwight could have been an English only speaking character. I mean the games first cutscene, the cop and a lot of the Barracuda gang members speak English. It sucks a little that we don’t get the full Danny Trejo English dub experience. I guess an English language playthrough is in order lol.

I mean, it is a Yakuza game. Cartoonish stereotypes are a major trope in all of the games. Would be completely out of character to play a straight bat for the Americans 😂

My favourite caricatures from the series are from the earlier depictions of Chinese. They were all Shang Tsung and weapon masters lol.

I reckon Dwight could have been an English only speaking character. I mean the games first cutscene, the cop and a lot of the Barracuda gang members speak English. It sucks a little that we don’t get the full Danny Trejo English dub experience. I guess an English language playthrough is in order lol.

Old mate Jeff from the Taco truck has an impeccable grasp of Japanese. The game does its best explaining this by him dealing with so many Japanese 😄

Doing Dondoko island before continuing in Chapter 6. Happy to see that when you raise your level (went from 0 to 1 so just at the beginning), your satisfaction and popularity stats don’t reset. So for Level 2 I need 2000 popularity for example and I get to keep the 700 popularity that I accumulated for Level 1 (700 is how much is needed for Level 1).

Something I really wish every game in the series did was give you a prompt if you were in the vicinity of any sort of mission and were about to start it. I was no where near the pink dot and was happily doing my own stuff and triggered a lengthy story cut scene and progressed the story when I really didn't want to.

Man there is just so much to do. I'm still on chapter 5 so haven't started Dondoko island yet but have been just doing things like trying to complete the Aloha photo things (without a guide) while finding all of the social links and sub stories. The Sujimon you get with the upgraded editions of the game has made the early Sujimon stuff really trivial though that has always been the case with DLC extras to their minigames. Still hasn't stopped me from getting sidetracked trying to collect them all though. Since the bonds go deeper than Y7 I've been doing heaps of that too so I don't have to worry about it with those characters later once I unlock more members. I finally unlocked other jobs and the ability to switch but I'm going to stick with the default ones until I get to somewhere intended to farm and grind.

If I could have one beef it would be the limited amount of lines random NPCs have, but I'm assuming this has always been the case and we're only noticing it now because they're talking english 😄. All I hear when running through Anaconda mall is "best vacation ever" and "what is the time? Our reservation might be soon" 🥴

Me looking at "Richardson" at Revolver...

Emotion Reaction GIF

Also I think I've found my favourite piece of dialogue in the series. Not sure what triggers it chapter wise but Kasuga and Tomi having a deep discussion about hermit crabs and Chitose's response.

Multiplat Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back