Preview Likely retirees 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Should get a few announcements this week for bottom 10 teams

At north Greenwood is unofficially done
Shiels to announce retirement this week then farewell game vs his old club

Maybe Sidebottom? Cox? Tex? Fyfe? Melksham? Brodie smith? Dave swallow?

I reckon Melksham goes on for one more but is either sub more, subbed off more or doesn’t play as much. Ben Brown I reckon retires

Whats happening with Chad Wingard ? Did he get a gig this year ?....i dont see him on an injury list and cant be arsed checking if he's been playing for Box Hill.

Whats happening with Chad Wingard ? Did he get a gig this year ?....i dont see him on an injury list and cant be arsed checking if he's been playing for Box Hill.
He was playing Box Hill earlier in the year, copped another injury and only relatively recently returned to BHH on managed minutes. From the BHH watchers he has not been showing great form in those managed minutes. So likely to retire IMO

He was playing Box Hill earlier in the year, copped another injury and only relatively recently returned to BHH on managed minutes. From the BHH watchers he has not been showing great form in those managed minutes. So likely to retire IMO
Cheers :thumbsu: Surprised to see he's still only just turned 31. Feels like he's been around forever.

Cheers :thumbsu: Surprised to see he's still only just turned 31. Feels like he's been around forever.
Peaked at Port very early on (AA at 20 and 22) so yes it does feel like he has been around.
Definitely retiring at the years end. I cant see the Hawks keeping him when they are after some free agents

Ben Brown a gun footballer and fantastic human.

Will probably end up in the AFLW coaching system I'd wager.

Zach Tuohy hanging them up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Daly saying Zorko/Lester will continue on for another year, the only certainty for Brisbane is Jarryd Lyons. 32, out of contract next year, unlikely to break into the side when we have a bunch of mids ahead of him [especially with LAshcroft + Marshall coming in next year].

He's killing it in the VFL but the talent needed in the AFL has gone past him.

Duncan, Stanley, Rohan to follow?
We tend to stagger retirements 3 or 4 at a time, keeping a couple as depth who may/may not feature a fair bit. Stanley will join Tuohy and Hawkins, while Duncan and Rohan are solid chances to stay one more season. I'd be surprised if both hung them up this year anyway. Half back rebounders and marking forwards are not something we'd have a lot of depth to cover.

Greenwood has now officially retired

Marlion Pickett calls it a day.

Hopefully has a productive 3-5 years ahead of him now.

Hopefully Tom Campbell goes around again. Not ready for BTC to leave us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Likely retirees 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back